Hopefully hiring a new director will fix things

My client lived at this community briefly. The facility was lacking a director for a while, so there was no leadership or management. You’d hear different stories from different people about how to handle different situations. We had 24hr care there to look after her and the staff would take a long amount of time to respond when we asked for help and there were 3 trash bags outside the door, at one time, that they did not pick up. The food looked nutritional and well balanced, though I never ate it. They had several different activities to do but she was bed-ridden so she did not participate. Housekeeping was supposed to come by once a week and anytime I visited her room was clean. Overall, there just seemed to be a lot of miscommunication between everyone. I think part of the reason why it didn’t work so well is because the staff is busy and under staffed and she needed more care than what they were able to give her. We eventually moved her out to a different place.

Elan SouthPark Meadows

Elan is an excellent community. The staff is just amazing there, and they take such great care of my mother. She changed her mind overnight from not wanting to be there at to being a happy, active member of the community and I think that a large part of that is because of the great staff there. The manager, [Removed] is also incredibly helpful. She made me feel immediately at ease and made the community really stand out in my heart because of the connection she created with me. There is just sweetness and a comfort about this community that is definitely important to me. I would certainly recommend it to others.

New and beautiful facility.

This is absolutely an excellent facility. This was my second choice while I was looking for a place for my mother. The staff is absolutely first class top notch. It's a brand new facility that is beautiful and spectacular. The way they had things planned out was really nice. They had 2 community rooms that looked identical. They said that the first room was for basic memory care, and when the residents deteriorated, they would be moved to the second room. Just so it wouldn't cause confusion with the residents. They had a really nice athletic area and nice exercise machines. The dining room is gorgeous as well. They had very ambitious programs. I would recommend this facility.

Tour Of This Community Went Well

I had a pleasant tour of this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. The experience was a good one. The community looked very nice, and everything was well maintained. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. My questions were answered, and my tour went well overall of this facility.

Fantastic views! Windows all over the corridors, 2nd/ 3rd
Floors: New!!
Food is really good.
The staff is fantastic!! They really care about me!!

Janelle Cunningham

Thank you John! We appreciate you too!

Best Place Ever

I can't say enough about this place. I have nothing negative to say. The staff goes out of their way to help mom. The community is perfect it looks like a luxury 5-star hotel. In the lobby, they have a piano for anyone to play and on Fridays, they have happy hour for people to attend. The staff brings the residents out to eat or to go shopping a couple of times a week which is good to get them out. As far as the food goes it's great when they found out my mom was diabetic the cook adjusted his way of cooking for her to accommodate her diet which I thought was great and thoughtful. They have a daily menu which the items change from day to day but if you don't like the options they have a standard menu which doesn't change so you always have a choice. They keep mom very active when she first went there she wasn't very sociable but that is slowly changing she gets involved in the activities.
The main reason I chose this community was that it feels like home meaning the staff looks at you and will say hi and you are not ignored.

Janelle Cunningham

Thank you for the review! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our community!

In The Short Time

By the time my mother-in-law got here we had hospice set up. The community and hospice did a good job together. It went well we and they did fine.

Happy Place, Full of Life

I moved my Mom into the memory care unit at Elan in March and glad I found it. I love coming to Elan to visit my Mom! The atmosphere is joyful and happy. You feel it when you walk in the door.
All of the employees are friendly and call you by name. They enjoy working there. I overheard one employee say that they look forward to coming to work everyday which was great to hear. I have had Mom in several Senior Living facilities and have learned that if the employees are happy, paid a decent salary, and feel valued by their employer, then the care that is given is quality care.
The activity director is outstanding and has such creative fun things to do for the residents.
The caregivers are instructed on caring for residents with Dementia and the program is in place to help the residents lives be more fulfilling is wonderful. The other day when I came for a visit, Mom was just finishing up cutting strawberries. She was smiling.
The facility is clean as well as the rooms...no funky smell anywhere! The architecture of the facility is light and airy and plenty of green space for the residents to enjoy the outdoors. The food is excellent as well and served home style.
Most importantly Mom is smiling and happy where she is. She is doing less sleeping due to the fact she is not bored and that is a good thing.

Excellent facility.

Janelle Cunningham

Elan Southpark Meadows is Top Notch!

My first visit to Elan Southpark Meadows left me speechless. It is so beautiful and everyone is so welcoming from the moment you enter. Comments I've overheard speak of the rustic, resort feeling. One said "All this hotel needs is a beach!" and another said "I know there are 5 star hotels but this one needs an extra star!" The residents are so happy in this environment of great care, amazing cuisine and activities featuring multiple outings weekly, bingo 7x/week, exercise 6x/week and more. To sum up the Elan experience, one resident is so happy he will tell you he feels like he jumped off the Titanic and is now on the Love Boat!

My Visit To The Community

This is a very nice top notch community. The people I met were nice. This community did not have a lot of residents at the time we took our tour. I think it has the potential to be a good community once they get more residents. The community is farther away and a little more expensive than what we were looking for.