Brookdale Gaines Ranch - Austin, TX

The Heritage at Gaines Ranch provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

An excellent facility with a pathway to assisted living if it becomes necessary. All the necessary services and amenities are available. The staff seemed truly interested in us and really wanted us to be happy. Apartment layouts are adequate but will require significant down sizing of our current household furniture and other possessions.

Gaines Ranch is a beautiful community. They took ample time to get to know what my mom's needs are and provided me with options best suited to help her adjust to life in an independent living community.

We Loved the Way the Community Looks

On the tour we had a positive experience and [Removed] was amazing at showing us around the community. My mom is in a lovely apartment and she enjoys being here. She is getting good care from the staff.
I liked how there was a committee for new residents and they gave her a welcome gift basket and set her up with a buddy to get familiar with the community and to sit with at meal times.
There are very good amenities, many activities, and the look of the building is very pretty with plenty of space. They have a restaurant for dining.

I toured Brookdale!

When I toured Brookdale, it felt like more of a hotel than an apartment complex. It was cold and not inviting. Everyone there was very friendly and informative, but it was not what I was looking for. It was quite expensive as well.

Everything is going just fine!!

I have no complaints on how things are going for my father so far at this community. I am comfortable with the quality of care he is receiving and am happy with all of the staff. He has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents from time to time. I would recommend this place to anyone interested.

The main reason we picked this community is because it is fast and easy for us to visit and close to my mother-in-law's church. She has adapted better than we thought. She has lots of good food to eat, the staff got her involved in Bridge, and she has a nice, big apartment that feels like home with all her belongings from her home. She also get her exercise with all the walking throughout the community. After a misunderstanding about the time to help her get ready for bed, the staff have been able to assist her at the time she requested.

I Found A Home Foe My Wife And I

We are ready to move in to this community very shortly. On my journey to find a community they showed me a good tour of what they have available. I like the apartment I picked for us. It is a good size that we can be comfortable with and it has a great view. I like this community atmosphere and they have the care that my wife needs.

Options For The Care Services

I liked this community based on it's location, amenities, services and cost. The services can be selected through a la carte. They have been enjoying tasty meals and they can choose from nice activities. My parents have been doing fine in this community.

A tour for my care

I liked this community The staff was nice and answered my questions on the care given. It appeared to have alot of nice activities. I liked that they were caring and helpful to my needs. It is a community that is very clean and taken care of. I recommend families to tour this community for the care and value.

A tour

We toured this community. It was small and not what we were looking for. The staff was nice and did answer our questions. They had nice activities to those who wanted to join in. Nice but did not fit the needs. Highly recommend to other families.

Nice Community, But Still a Work in Progress For Us

My mother is doing okay since moving here to this community. It has been a rough adjustment for her, but I know she is in a nice place. She is in the independent living portion of the community, but she has access to help if she needs it. There are activities offered, but there could be a more of a variety for the residents to choose from. They have a super nice staff, they have been very helpful. The meals could use some improvements. It is still a work in progress for us here overall.

Brookdale Gaines Ranch is a 5 Star community!

We are satisfied with the care Brookdale Gaines Ranch is offering mom. Mom is loving the move to Brookdale. She is enjoying the variety of food offered. She couldn't be happier. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. The staff have been simply excellent! They are very helpful and caring.

This community is beautiful and I liked the wooded setting. It has the feel of a luxury hotel. However, for that very reason, I don't think it's a good fit for my Mom. I think she would be happier in a smaller place. She might feel a bit lost in a community the size of Brookdale Gaines Ranch. I was very impressed with the facility and feel that the apartments were the best value for the money of the 3 communities I have toured.

Beautiful and Gorgeous Community

When we went to visit we got to see how everyone is nice. There were plenty of activities going on in different rooms. We were excited to move my dad in. He had a view from h is room that over looked my son's school. My son was excited to visit him for the summer. This was a perfect fit for him and Misty was able to find the perfect room for him.

Very welcoming community.

Brookdale Gaines Ranch is a convenient location for us. They made the move very easy and my Mom felt very welcome right away. She's doing great and is happy there. They have a lot of activities going on, my Mom says it's like being on a cruise ship. She also says the food is great.

Impressed With Activities

They are a really active community, there is always something to do. I am impressed with the activities. It is very nice, like staying at a resort hotel, very clean. I would say their care services need a little improvement, but that is my only critique. There has been a lot of inconsistency in that department. The top management is good though, they are responsive.

Andy at Brookdale made it easy. The staff was welcoming and dad made lots of friends fast and enjoys the activities.
The over all rating is a 5 star rating. I enjoyed the tour because everyone was warm and nice. The staff is excellent. The facility is clean, the staff are friendly, and the community as a whole is awesome!

Location, bank, post office, small general store,beauty salon. Small pool. Rooms nice size. Independent and assisted in same building. Nice to have mix. No nursing facility. Would need to go to Summit if needed. Within their network.. no extra charge to move. Hv Dr recommends and moving service. Looks like 4 floors.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into options for a loved one. Brookdale Gaines Ranch is a very nice looking place! The staff are friendly, caring, and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. It is definitely near the top of our list!

Very nice place!

We really like the Brookdale Gaines Ranch community because of its location and all of its amenities. My mom also lived there for a while and she loved it there, so that really made a difference for us when we were searching this time around.

down hill

When they first opened about eight to ten years ago when my loved one lived there – it was a pretty nice place – but it went downhill – the food wasn’t as good. People were coming in my loved one’s room at times of the night and there was money stolen.

Not the best suited for mom and dads needs

Its more of an independent living/ assisted living but it was not set up for really what mom and dad needed and maybe we were in denial in that, but it is a wonderful facility. The whole thing started because dad asked us for help because mother had dementia and he thought it was time for them to move to a place where he could get more assistance so we got them all set up in an apartment in independent living so they could go out to the farm during the day and thne come back to the heritage at night. After my father had intensive surgery he was at the point where he needed more help than mother did so we had to move to the assisted living part. Evidently it was built as an extended stay hotel so you have smaller corridors and it snakes around like a hotel would so its much easier not to catch residents so they could sit there in their room and not leave.

This facility is very nice - one of o...

This facility is very nice - one of our top 2!

Very lovely but structured to a highe...

Very lovely but structured to a higher life style than I would be comfortable with. Excellent rooms.

Location, bank, post office, small ge...

Location, bank, post office, small general store. Independent and assisted in same building. Nice to have mix. Mom is mostly idependent and it would keep her 'independence' with others that are more active. She is 1 of the few active where she is now. No nursing faciliy. Would need to go to Summit if needed. Within their network.. no extra charge to move.

Nice place. Good location, though I'...

Nice place. Good location, though I'd rather find something north of downtown