This place has very nice facilities, but after that it starts to fade. Besides some of the other criticisms that have already been listed, such as lack of parking, I would like to add that the service time after pushing a call button for Level I Assisted Living can take up to a half an hour and sometimes the caretaker does not show up. We had to supplement Villa Hermosa's staff with our own caregivers at a significant cost. The costs listed in the side bar on this page are only for the average room. Level I Assisted Living adds on another $800, Level II $1200, I am still researching Level III. Their caregivers (registered and qualified) ratio to clients is lower than we have found at other places.

Gorgeous Community. Pleasant & knowledgeable staff. Highly recommend.

Beautiful warm friendly staff very attentive. They are care accredited which is wonderful.

This is not the place for you if you have visitors that will need to park. The parking is highly limited with a 2 hour time limit during daytime hours for spaces in front regardless of whether you are a resident or family. There is no parking onsite for private caregivers. The adjacent businesses (shopping center across Wilmot,bank, physicians' offices) guard their parking becasue of so many people for Villa Hermosa parking there.
There is frequent staff turnover which leads to inconsistency in care. If you are not very independent in your needs, don't have family support, and have friends family that wil want to to park at the facility this is not a great alternative.

Review of Villa Hermosa - Tucson, AZ

We toured Villa Hermosa for my mother. Absolutely beautiful community. The staff and residents are very warm and friendly. I learned about their CARF accreditation - very impressive. My mom is on the wait list!

Review of Villa Hermosa - Tucson, AZ

Super place to retire to and live an active, safe life with old and new friends. A wonderful staff of caring folks.

Review of Villa Hermosa - Tucson, AZ

I feel we are all here because we need help and are very well taken care of by the staff. Not everything is perfect for everyone, but we all should enjoy what we can and Not Complain,.

Review of Villa Hermosa - Tucson, AZ

I have lived in other communities in Arizona. I will highly recommend this one to anyone who would be looking for a retirement home.

Review of Villa Hermosa - Tucson, AZ

I love my apartment. I love the staff. I love the fact that I don't have to cook or clean and I have some wonderful friends here. Lots to eat, activities galore or your own wishes. Independent or Assisted Living is available. I have lived here 6 years, have no desire to move, so I'll stay here as long as my money lasts and the lord wishes me to remain.

Liked the apartment, closet space and...

Liked the apartment, closet space and washer and dryer in the apartment. Didn't have to move when change from independent to assisted living.

Ask someone to name five really fun things and "retirement community" will almost certainly not be on the list. Which got us to thinking. Why shouldn't a retirement community be fun? With no pesky job to get in the way, retired folks have the time to pursue anything their hearts desire. That sounds pretty fun. So, with that in mind, we set out to build a community that has a simple goal: Help the residents have more fun than anyone. The result: Villa Hermosa - 1% Retirement. 99% Fun!