Sierra Del Sol Senior Living - Tucson, AZ

I would recommend Sierra Del Sol to anyone looking for a home for their loved one.

I go by Sierra Del Sol on a regular basis, and each and every time I come the staff is friendly, the place is clean, and the food is good. I would recommend Sierra Del Sol to anyone who is looking for a home for their loved one.

This facility is AMAZING. immaculately clean, excellent food and activities happening all the time. The residents I spoke with had high praise for the staff and the meals. The only down fall was they do not accept Medicaid for those that require this type of financial aid. Had it not been for that I was totally prepared to move my mother into this facility knowing she would love it and be well cared for.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was a lovely place. The staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. They only had a shared room available for him at the time & we wanted him to have a private bathroom. We ate dinner here and it was wonderful. I would recommend families tour this community before making a choice.

Plush Settings

My loved one used to live at Sierra Del Sol, and it was a very nice community. It is definitely an upscale place with plush settings and super nice furniture. The dining room is fantastic, like going to a restaurant, and I like that they have enclosed courtyards so the residents can go out on their own to get some fresh air. The shared rooms are laid out in a way that as you enter, you step into a small foyer, there you can go left or right depending which room is yours. The large rooms are divided by a large bath room with sliding doors on each side. The rooms have built in cabinets some with lockable doors and windows for a lot of natural light. They are also wheel chair friendly. The long hall ways have windows on one side that look out into the court yard, the only draw back was it seemed to confuse my loved one. With that said she is suffering from short term memory. Just a note of gratitude to the staff; my hat is off to you for such a wonderful job, great job [Removed]!

My friends are happy here

This community is very warm and welcoming. The people are kind. The food is good and filling. They are very well staffed. There are lots of activities they can enjoy when they are ready to. I would recommend this community.

1st class caregivers!

When I first toured this community, the person who was showing us around was wonderful. It’s such a beautiful place and it feels like home. Everything fell into place regarding my mom moving in. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders. My mom is just so happy and at home here. The caregivers are really sweet and caring. They’re good at what they do. I haven’t seen one person yet who isn’t 1st class. Everyone treats my mother very well. The move was a little difficult because my mom was getting a little confused but the staff has been really great with her. I cannot begin to explain how helpful and nice the staff is. For the food, my mother LOVES it. The dining room is lovely and the wait staff couldn’t be any nicer. The whole facility is just a beautiful place. Everything is very clean, her room is kept neat, and they make her bed often. Her room is rather small but it’s nice. She is very cozy and likes it a lot. A funny story is my mom blows her nose a lot and there could be 3 trashcans around, but she will just throw her Kleenex on the ground. Anytime I walk in to visit, there is not 1 Kleenex on the ground. For activities, they have people come in and play music and they like to bring her to the movies a lot. They have this calendar and it’s full every single day! This is the first time in 5 years that I’ve felt this huge weight being lifted off my shoulders because finally someone is looking out for my mother just like I would. The only smallest complaint is they said that there would be maintenance on staff every day of the week including the weekends. But unfortunately, that is not true. That small thing aside, I would definitely recommend this facility.

I would strongly recommend this community

This community offers support groups for families of residents with Alzheimer's. The staff have done everything they can to help my friends get accommodated to living here. They are responsive, patient, they interact with the residents and they are willing to work with the families. They offer outings and try to keep the memory care residents active. They have a nice shaded, enclosed courtyard for the memory care residents and another one for assisted living. This is the right place for my friends.

He is very happy!

Everything is going just fine there at Sierra del Sol! The staff are taking great care of my loved one! The layout of the facility is very nice, and it seems to be an overall great fit for my loved one. The facility also fit very well into our budget, as the pricing is very good. My loved one is very happy there!

Helpful Staff!!

I had a really nice visit of this community for my dad. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very knowledgeable in the information they gave us on there facility. I just was a little worried of how busy all of the surroundings where. My dad often likes to go out and take walks and It just seemed a little dangerous for that.

Not a bad community

My only concern with this community is that the staff that administer the medication are hard to communicate with. I do not receive any communication back when I ask a question. The caregivers are nice and they keep the community clean. The food seems to be good. I would recommend looking into this community, however I would also suggest making sure your loved one's needs are brought up in the beginning and that the community is on top of them.

met with [Removed] about a place for my aunt. what a place!! met some of the residents and their pets! the dining room and staff were so friendly and answered all questions and concerns. got to meet the chef and go over my aunt's special diet. the floor plan and rooms are fantastic. seems like one big, happy family. the residents seem to happy to be there. the place was so clean. the activity board is great. I hope they are around when I need a place to live.

Schelduled to move in 1/31 seems like a perfect fit for mom. Happy residents and bright rooms. Very pet friendly, that finialized our decision. Someone will even walk your dog if mom can't.

Mother's Good Care

I am really happy to see my mom doing good here at this nice and very clean community. The staff are very nice and caring to her needs. She is happy with the meals that are offered. She is offered activites and seems to enjoy them. I know she is happy here and that does help. I do recommend the care and value of this community.

Care and value

I toured this community for good. I did like the cleanliness of the community. I was happy with a lot of the information that was given here. They offer a lot of nice meals. Activities are offer for those who want to join in. I would recommend this community to other families.

Top Notch Facility

This facility is top notch in every aspect of care, staff, and cleanliness.. Would recommend this facility to anyone needing to have a loved one in assisted living.

It was a wonderful respite stay. She enjoyed the time here and made her feel comfortable. I asked for exercising and they did it 3 times a day like Zumba and dancing. They make pretty good meals. The staff have been easy to talk with when checking on my friend. They were able to handle her medication, wrote times for dispense on lids. Everything was good and she would return again if needed. I have told people about this place and I would recommend them to others.

Excellent!

My mother seems very happy here. Excellent food with a great variety of foods to choose from for her. I had a meal with her and I was also pleased with the food. There are activities for her to do to keep herself active. A very clean community at all times. I highly recommend this for others who want great care for loved one.

There is no other place I would like my mom to be at!!!!

I am thankful for Sierra Del Sol as they make my mom feel like she is living in a resort. The food is fantastic, 5 stars. The staff is what makes this place amazing, they treat all the residents as if they were part of their family. They offer progressive care so this will be my mom's home for a long time. They also offer a lock down community for advanced Dementia residents.

Not for a senior who is bedridden

A year ago I would have given a 4 star rating to this facility in spite of the constant turnover of executive directors, lack of leadership and training for the staff. The rating would have been based solely on the dedication of the majority of the caregivers.

But when my mother could not care for her basic needs herself I noticed the care declined. When I needed hospice, there was a clear resentment on the part of the staff to their presence (probably because they questioned the care my mother was receiving). I was promised that my mom would be turned every 2 hours, as she could no longer turn on her own and her bedsores were getting worse. This did not happen and when I called it to the attention of the head nurse she reassured me it would be fixed. It was not. I hired a private caregiver who was there 5 hours a day, 4 days a week and there were many days when she told me she did not see a caregiver come in at all while she was there. Again, I called it to the nurse's attention and received promises, but nothing changed.
With the help of hospice, I finally brought my mother home because on the days my caregiver was not there and I would arrive, there were too many instances when I found her in a soiled diaper and dirty sheets, which made it even more difficult to keep up with her sores.
I blame this on lack of training, lack of a consistent executive director and the resentment towards the hospice nurses.
If you have a parent who can pretty much care for themselves with minimal help, this might be a good facility, but I would never recommend it to an elderly person who is bedridden.
I wish there would have been honesty in the fact that they really were not equipped to deal with someone in my mom's condition. But that would have cost them money by losing a resident. So very sad.

don't feel like I am getting my moneys worth

Honestly I don't feel like I am getting my moneys worth at Emeritus at Pantano. The dining room service took an hour to serve me coffee the other day. They do have a lot of activities at this facility. I am not getting much care here.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Pantano! The employees here are very friendly, and they're always available and happy to answer any questions I have or to give me a status update on my loved one. My loved one says they can be a little slow responding to his call button, however. The facility itself is very nice. When I visited for a few days I was impressed by the food! It's high quality, tastes good, and they've got a good variety of selections. They also have a good variety of activities and outtings to keep everyone entertained. I also thought it was very nice that they let my loved one bring his cat, and they even help him take care of it!

excellent

They do most things very well at Emeritus at Pantano. I have had a lot of exposure to assisted living, and can say that Emeritus at Pantano does an excellent job.

They have been really good at communicating with me,. I really appreciate their proactive communication and willingness to address any questions or issues that arise.

One are where they could improve is the billing. We have been there a few months and they have yet to get the bill exactly right.

They are doing a pretty good job.

They are doing a pretty good job. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. They take good care of my parents. The food isn't as good as the place they were before, but it's not bad either.

A great facility

I can't say enough good things about the experience my family received at Emeritis Pantano. We were all treated with the utmost respect and everyone was extremely friendly. We have placed my father in Pantano and now are breathing a sigh of relief that he is in good hands. You have a wonderful facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

We are happy with them so far.

We are happy with them so far. Our experiences so far have been a five. We chose them for the combination of the feel of the place and the people that we dealt with. We liked the room, and the value seemed good. I liked that they would keep them until end of life, so we wouldn't have to move her again.

She has thrived since being there.

She has thrived since being there. It's been really great, I have been able to get out and exercise. They are doing the best they can for people with Alzheimer's. They had the best financial deal as well. We are happy with their efforts. Any problems that I have brought up they have addressed.

I'm extremely satisfied with Emeritus.

I'm extremely satisfied with Emeritus. Staff members are polite, friendly, and understanding. Whenever we have questions or concerns, every effort is made to make things right. The director of the facility is particularly eager to work with families so that they may be at ease with trusting Emeritus with their loved-one's care. My mother-in-law is very satisfied living at Emeritus, often complimenting the food and commenting upon how kind and helpful everyone is. She was prepared to dislike assisted-living, but the staff was patient, easing her into the routine and encouraging her to participate in activities when she felt ready. Mom now attends the sing-alongs and goes to an exercise class everyday. The caregivers are sensitive to dignity issues. At first, Mom was reluctant to allow anyone to help her with her personal care, but her caregivers were respectful of her feelings and let her set the pace. Now Mom readily accepts their help. We are pleased that we were guided to this quality facility.

Nice place overall!

Overall things have gone well with Emeritus at Pantano! It's a nice looking facility, clean and well kept, and they are taking great care of my loved one. The staff are friendly, and they communicate well with each other, instructions you give them always get passed along to who they need to go to. They also do a great job with the food!

Nice, new, clean, large fac...

Nice, new, clean, large facility. Must provide furnishings. A little pricey and unsure about amount of individual care. Found out later that the facility provides temporary care for family caretakers to vacation for a rate.

An Okay community

My loved one didn’t really use a lot of the activities, so I can’t rate them. I suggest check the staffing levels based on the services needed. My loved one does not like the food, but that could be him. It’s clean enough and the staff is okay.

It's good

I think it’s good. The staff is very friendly and compassionate. The food is good. I haven’t had any trouble finding parking. The community is clean and open. We were satisfied with this community.

Don't go if your loved one needs alot of help

My Dad was moved there after being at another facility that could not contain him, after only four days they decided they could not keep him either - of course this is after they have had full disclosure from the other facility (before we ever moved him) and after they have collected their non-refundable fees. Caused untold hardship on my mother and family. During that time they required that we hire someone to be with him 24 hours a day. Worst experience.

Sam Pollock

We are confused by this review, because we have not had any situations similar to what you described. We can only assume this review is meant for another community. We invite you to reach out to our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics to voice your concerns regarding your experience with us at Emeritus because we work diligently to provide the highest quality of care for our seniors, and are disappointed when we hear we have not done so.

Did not work out

This option did not work for our family. They didn't offer the level of personalized care that our loved one needed, and we could not make this work. There were instances where she was neglected and kept in unsafe conditions. Just not what we needed.

Sam Pollock

We are troubled by your comments and would like to know more about the specific reasons you feel she was unsafe. We work diligently to determine the appropriate level of care for each resident, and then deliver on that care daily. We have recently welcomed a new Executive Director to our Pantano family who has a wealth of experience in caring for seniors. We would like to know more about your concerns regarding your loved one’s stay, and we invite you to contact our Ethics First program at www.emeritus.com/ethics where you can openly voice your concerns.

My experience after one month.

Chantal was extremely helpful and has always been available to help me with issues. The facility is nice. The people working there are friendly. The techs always let me know how my mother is doing. The daily nurse is very helpful in explaining the disease process of Alzheimer's and watches over mom's care well. Overall I am pleased with the facility. I would like to see more supervision of the Memory Care residents. On two separate occasions, I have assisted wheelchair bound residents because there were no employees around. On both occasions the residents were in the television room with at least 6 residents present. It was during their afternoon TV time. More supervision would be my only request.

Nice facility. Assisted li...

Nice facility. Assisted living and memory care. A bit smaller/quieter. Seemed like fewer common areas which were nice, but not quite as large or as well-appointed.

We have been here and we re...

We have been here and we really like it the best.

Very impressed. Director addressed b...

Very impressed. Director addressed both me and mom even though mom had difficulty absorbing everything she had to say. Affordable, on our list for a return visit.

Sierra Del Sol, located in Tuscon, Arizona, is a Memory Care and Assisted Living community supporting our residents and their families with caring and expert memory care services. From dementia to Alzheimers, our expert team understands challenges of memory loss for not only our residents, but their families.
From our beautiful location in Tucson, Arizona, we are proud to serve our residents and their families from all over the region, including Phoenix, Mesa, Marana, Green Valley, and Sierra Vista. Contact us to schedule a personalized tour with our caring staff.