The Forum at Tucson - Tucson, AZ

Dont Walk, Please Run away!

If you need a place for Nurse Rahabiitation for an older parent, I would run away from this place as fast as you can if you require more than twice a day random visits from a nurse or therapist this is not the place for you.
There are a handful of very nice & caring nurses but... Not enough to make up for the lack of staffing.
One the weekend it runs on a skeleton crew.
In the room you have the option of a bed or a wheelchair (neither are comfortable). You better like one or the other because you'll spend most of your time in one of them because you can go the distance between meals without someone checking on you.

Skilled Nursing at The Forum of Tucson is horrible!

Do not take your loved ones to Skilled Nursing at The Forum of Tucson. They left my 92 year old father sit in a wheel chair in wet diapers for 5 weeks ... he slept in his clothes ... he did not get the wound care needed to get rid of bed sore nor the physical therapy needed after his fall/broken hip. All they care about is the money .... they actually charged him for a private room for 4 weeks of his stay when he was in a semi private room. Nurses kept telling us he wasn't getting better because of his diet when in fact they were preparing his food (and my father always eats everything he is served). Amazing enough after getting him out of there his wound was totally healed in less than 2 weeks and he is out of the wheelchair and using a walker.

Five Star Reviews

At The Forum at Tucson it is our goal to exceed expectations for all our residents and their families. I am the Regional Director of Operations want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your perceptions of our community. Per our discussions we have refunded the difference in fees between a private and semi-private room, and I want to assure you we will use your input in our focus on continuous improvement. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

DO NOT GO HERE FOR REHAB

I was just in The Forum for 22 days and it was a nightmare. I would NOT recommend the skilled nursing for anyone. I had my knee replaced and a CNA [Removed] me over on my sore knee when she was taking care of the bed pan. I am planning on reporting this rehab center. I was also left on a dirty bed pan for 20 minutes before anyone responded at all. One of the nurses messed up my medication and it could have been a HUGE problem.

Skilled Nursing Facilities were poor at best. The ability to reach a patient or the nursing staff was almost impossible. The level of communication is so low--it makes me question the whole facility. Patient personal care was very lacking!! This is suppose to be a rehab unit and very little has occurred--I would strongly consider a different facility.

Five Star Reviews

Hello, I’m Hilary, the Executive Director of The Forum at Tucson. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about The Forum at Tucson. We apologize for your dissatisfaction with our skilled nursing staff and welcome you to discuss your concerns and areas of improvement. We take pride in providing quality care for our residents by making sure our staff develops solid relationships with residents to better understand and meet their needs. Please get in touch with me at [removed], so we can further address your concerns in detail.

Incredible Value

I love it at The Forum at Tucson. The value is incredible. I can't say enough good about it. They go above and beyond. I've stayed there myself and really experienced it, it was really nice. The only drawback is how huge the facility is. I did a lot of walking while I was there. If the residents need to get somewhere, it does take a while. Other than that, everything is wonderful. It is truly a five star facility.

Administration Drops The Ball

The only problem is there is a lack of coordination when a person moves they drop the ball. Mom keeps getting some else's mail or not gets her mail and had to wait for 3 weeks to get mom's storage box. Admin needs to get better coordinated for the patients. The dining staff are wonderful, welcome her call her by name.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I want to express my sincere appreciation for the 4 Star rating. I will share with our Food & Dining team the wonderful compliments for them. I also want to say that I apologize about your mother’s mail delivery and storage locker. We are reviewing our process with the intention of making it much easier in the future. I invite you to call or come by to visit- my door is always open. Our goal is to deliver the Five Star Signature experience to your mother, to you and to all of our residents and families! Fred Randolph, Executive Director.

Pretty good!

My mom moved in almost exactly a month ago and it was not an easy transition even though she chose where she wanted to go. With help from caregivers and other staff, she is slowly getting accustomed to her new life. I hope to be able to get her engaged in activities before long, but she is setting the pace.
The staff is very kind and helpful, but some things are not done when promised and need to followed up on.
The facility itself is very nice and well maintained for an older establishment.

Skilled nursing lacking

We had pretty decent experience with parents in assisted living for past 2 years but have had terrible experience with skilled nursing the past 9 days! They are very understaffed, very rude at checking in patient who is a high fall risk from a large brain blood clot from neuro ICU. They say they'll do laundry for a fee per month so we check that, they put up sign by closet stating facility will do laundry but the laundry just sits dirty in hamper for over a week! They are very unorganized, very understaffed and now we see why St Jos hospital does not have The Forum on it's recommended list of skilled nursing facilities. We are paying for the assisted living apt rent and they are getting paid by Medicare and AARP insurance for skilled while our father is here but the care and mostly communication and organization is terrible. We may have to transfer him! Disappointed with management- feel sorry for caregivers with no direction and too much work. All for profit.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I want to express my sincere interest in your comments. Our residents health, comfort and safety and the peace of mind of our family members are very important us. My door is always open. I would like to address your concerns which I hope will put your mind at ease. I encourage you to contact me so we can speak in person. Thank you for your consideration. Fred Randolph, Executive Director, The Forum at Tucson

Review of The Forum at Tucson Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tucson, AZ

Beth,Has skilled nursing and is not far from Mom's house

Spectacular Facility

Compared to living conditions for Assisted on the East Coast, this place is spectacular! Most importantly, the building and everything in it is well thought out and built specifically with patients in mind. The doorways are wheelchair wide, the showers made for invalids, the apartments are huge, literally everything with them in mind (even the carpet). It is immaculately kept clean and the staff are outstandingly helpful and friendly. They have activities planned daily, plus a game room, a library, and a large pool. I can't praise the food enough (in the assisted living dining quarters). It was that of a five star restaurant. I searched and searched for something wrong and couldn't find it. Perhaps the ONE and only drawback is it's sheer size. However, this is because it is so well planned for every conceivable "needs" situation. It's not over priced and I found no hidden costs. A MUST see to believe.

So far, so good!

So far, things have been going very well here. My loved one hasn't been here too long, so things are still new, but it's been going well. The activities do not really apply right now, and I have nothing to compare them to, but the place is very clean and the staff are all very friendly. So far, we have been very satisfied!

Good arrangement for independent/amba...

Good arrangement for independent/ambassador living. Would need to move for assisted living within complex. Food was good. Apartment sizes good with closet space.

The Forum at Tucson is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. It is ideal if you are an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it. With our choices of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more, you are given independence and options.