Broadway Proper Retirement Community - Tucson, AZ

Mom was happy here

Mom was her for almost 6 weeks and unfortunately had an accident and she had to be move to a community that has 24 hour care. But we were really impressed with the care and the facility. She had a studio apartment here and they would come in and clean it weekly. The staff was helpful and nice. She did attend a couple of daily activities. It has 2 or 3 nice courtyard areas and a greenhouse shuffleboard area also. I would recommend this community.

Broadway Proper

We toured Broadway while looking for living options for my mother-in-law. My wife and I really liked Broadway, and we appreciated that they had several levels of care that my mother-in-law would be able to move into as her needs progress. However, my mother-in-law found it to be too large and too institutional for her tastes. She wanted something more comfortable, and because the decision is really hers, we ultimately chose another community.

Community Was A Little Too Big

This location was very nice it seemed to have everything anyone would have wanted however it was just a little too big for our taste. The outside was lovely and the inside was very sharp, clean and inviting. There seemed to be good activities to do and they had a concierge to help you with anything you need. It almost gave you that feeling of living in a hotel all the time.

Not very impressed!!

I was not very impressed with the tour I had taken of this community. I did not really like the layout of the building and I found it difficult to navigate through it. It was very impersonal and way to big in my opinion. Everyone was just kind of every where with no organization. It was just not the right place for me in the end decision.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about Broadway Proper. Over the last few years, our immediate focus was to hire exceptional people to care for our residents. Now that we have our team in place, our focus is making improvements to the community. The owners are making several upgrades to the building and renovations are underway. We will be upgrading the hallways, lobby, salon, and adding a bistro. This is a big project indeed but there has also never been a more exciting time to join our community. We would love for you to come back and give us another opportunity to “Wow” you.

I Was Impressed With The Tour

If my mom was able to care for herself more she would have been living here. The people were nice and I saw lots of stuff going on if you wanted to get involved. It was a very nice community. That's an excellent place at a reasonable price for someone who is self sufficient. On the tour they were honest and upfront with us. They described everything to us.

The View of The Community Is Outdated

The community was not as updated as some other places I looked at. It needs updated carpet and paint. I did get a thorough tour and a representative who was on time and able to give me the information I needed.

They love it!

It's going pretty good since my Sister and Brother in law moved in. They are still adjusting. The facility offers a variety of activities and the gals there [Removed] were great. [Removed] showed us the room and went out of her way to get us moved. She gave us access to start moving in early because of our situation. They were very accommodating. Everyone is so extremely friendly and by the time we were done we were ready to give them hugs. We liked that the layout was more of an open concept.

Comfort for dad!!

My father has been doing very well since his move to Broadway Proper Retirement. I would absolutely recommend this community. For the price, I think it is one of the best in Tucson. The apartment he is in is perfect, he has a living room, walk-in closet and a kitchen that he does not have to use much because they provide delicious meals there. It has been a very good experience.

Awesome Broadway Proper

I visited 5 places and Broadway Proper was definitely the best, excellent meals and variety. Excellent activities, the staff is all so helpful and friendly. The rooms were a perfect size for my parents.
My parents were scheduled to move in on a Wednesday, but on the Monday prior my mom was taken 911 to the hospital. She is in critical condition on Neuro ICU. I called BP and [Removed] said first, just take care of mom.
That meant so much to me. Then she called back a day later and said the right thing to do is to refund all monies paid at that time. That was just incredible to me. Not only is my dad now dealing with my mom's health, but his money will be returned. Class act. I can't say enough kind words to describe my entire experience with BP. They were always very professional, very kind, very friendly. My parents were so looking forward to moving in. BP is a great place and has so much to offer. I will always recommend BP to any of my friends. Class act.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking time to leave us a positive review under the circumstances of your mother’s condition. First, we want to wish her a speedy recovery to good health. It is unfortunate at this time your parents are unable to join our community and enjoy all the wonderful amenities you mentioned. We are flattered to have hit such high marks of excellence for you with our food, activities and in our integrity. We pride ourselves on “doing the right thing for everyone we come in contact with every day.” It’s our core principle in both our work and hearts. If we can assist you in the future, please contact us at [removed].

No patios!

This community was beautiful and very accommodating. The residents could transition from Independent Living to Assisted Living in the same apartment. The problem was that none of the apartments had outside access and my parents have dogs, they wanted a patio.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for the great review and feedback about our community. We’re really proud of the services we provide so thank you for noticing. The flexibility to move from Independent to Assisted Living without having to relocate is a benefit we are lucky enough to be able to pass on to our residents/prospects. I’m sorry we were not able to meet your parents’ need for a patio. We do have a beautiful walking path around the community and a fenced in dog park for our pets to utilize. If you think your parents might benefit from one of these settings, please feel free to contact me directly.
Christina Millay, General Manager

A place to call home!

Moving into this community was the right choice for us. There is nothing bad that I can say about the place, my husband really likes it and that is extremely important to me. They take very good care of him and it is a positive atmosphere. We are thrilled with Broadway Proper.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well you and your husband are settling into your new home at Broadway Proper Retirement Community. It puts a smile on my face knowing that the team is treating you well and you’re feeling great about your decision. Be sure to take advantage of those activities! There is a lot of fun just waiting for you! We are thrilled to welcome you and your husband to our family and community.
Christina Millay, General Manager

I appreciated the tour with [Removed] and thought it looked like a nice that might suit my mom. The only drawbacks, for me (and they might not be a problem for mom), were the size of the 1 bedroom and that it was so much like a 'regular' apartment building with the inside entrances off the hallways.

My first choice!!

When we toured the Broadway Proper Retirement Community, we really liked it! It was by far the best community that we toured and everything about it was great. The reason we had to chose another community is because they did not have the level of care that my mother-in-law needed at the time.

Care at home

I am very happy with the care at this community. The staff is nice and caring. They do offer nice activities. I like the music that is offered here. The meals are very good and a nice variety is offered. They keep it very clean and maintained. I would highly recommend the care and value for other families.

The Community Is Well Managed

I like my community, they are doing very well with all they do for me. I have not had much time to participate in the activities that are here. They have plenty of good food for me and the residents. The housekeeping-does good job keeping my room clean. It's good that they keep the public areas clean too.

A nice place!!

My sister in law likes living at Broadway Proper. The staff are helpful and we have good communication with them. She likes the food and they offer a variety of choices. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Not for us!

This community felt like an institution when we visited. It is quite large and the hallways are like a maze. The staff I met were nice and the community was clean.

She Is Very Happy

My aunt is doing very well. She's very happy with the community. I think she enjoys the meals that is served. They have many activities and outings for the residents and she likes them and thinks they are suitable for the age group. The room is a little small, about 2 people can visit with her.

Still in the process of experiencing an anticipated residency there for a relative, and not enough experience yet to review further.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for your review. We are excited to welcome your relative to our community in the near future. One of our goals is to make joining Broadway Proper a smooth and stress-free experience for both family members and their loved ones. If there is anything we can assist you with during this process, we are here to help!

Christina Millay, GM

I am very impressed with this community!!!

The food is great and the community is clean. The staff seem very approachable, knowledgeable and encourage the residents to participate in the activities. They have a nice pool and inside patio area. I would live here if I was older.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for the positive review. We consistently strive to improve the quality of life for all our Residents at Broadway Proper. The team and I look forward to welcoming you into our community when the time is right.

Great food!

Broadway Proper Retirement Community is a very well kept and clean center. The staff have been wonderful with communication and keeping me informed with the care of my mother. They offer a wide array of activities for the residents to participate in. My mother is really enjoying the variety of food offered.

Living at Broadway Proper

I have lived here since 2013. This is my fourth assisted living community since 2011. I came here after intense research that included conversations with residents and staff at several prospective facilities. I feel that this is what I have been looking for all along.
The food here, combined with excellent service, make our dining experience second to none. We have a culinary school trained Executive Chef who makes every meal a much anticipated delicious adventure. He is assisted by a dining room manager who trains a cadre of servers operating at 5 star levels. Monthly menu meetings allow all residents to express their likes and dislikes that help the kitchen keep a pulse on how the food is received.
You can participate as much or as little as you wish, in a vast array of activities that try and cover most interests.
We also offer several fitness programs each week for all levels of participants.
We also have a friendly staff and department managers, led by our General Manager, who genuinely cares about all of us.
There is no such thing as the perfect place but this is as close as you'll get.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well you’re liking Broadway Proper. You put a smile on my face knowing that you enjoy our food, the team is treating you well and you’re feeling great about your decision. Sounds like a win all around. Be sure to dive in and take advantage of those activities! There’s lots of fun just waiting for you. We appreciate you choosing us. – Christina, General Manager

I have already recommended this community!!!

The food at Broadway Proper is great. They offer a lot of healthy choices. My mom is doing great since moving in. The staff are great and I appreciate the way they interact with her. This is a clean well taken care of community.

Broadway Proper is a Great Place to Live

The experience at Broadway Proper has been very positive. Staff overall make a genuine effort to make your stay the best it can be from the start. Numerous problems are starting to compound during the first 2 weeks making me concerned. I'm hoping the "staffing shortage" will be resolved along with my mother's worries. The food tastes great and I love the variety my mom reports. It's too bad that it was not very warm when I have had a chance to eat there. I also didn't think that the "dinner" ticket I had to use for a meal I received on day was even worth $5. The extra activities are extremely appreciated. They keep the residents happy and involved in events regularly though out the day. I'm so glad mom is at Broadway Proper.

Traci Kuster

Thank you for your positive review of our community. We appreciate your gratitude on the variety of food and activity selections your mother has been reporting back to you. Our chef and program supervisor work tirelessly to accommodate the interests of the community with all its diversity and will be thrilled to read your thoughtful words. If there are any unresolved issues which have not yet been addressed or you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [removed] or [removed]. Sincerely, Christina Millay, General Manager

I was very impressed with Broadway Proper and all the staff there. It is a beautiful facility and my parents are very happy there.

Traci Kuster

Thank you for your positive comments. The Team and I are always excited to be recognized for our efforts in making a difference in the lives of others. We are thrilled to hear you and your parents are happy with your decision in choosing Broadway Proper! Please feel free to call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Fun activities at Broadway Proper

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful time, had by all, at the Family BBQ this past Friday. My conversations with other attendees confirmed that everyone truly had fun. The entertainment was enjoyable and the food was sensational. It was a pleasant surprise to many how good a time could be had at this type of event.

Agie was in his usual terrific form as ringmaster. It impressed many of us that you and Agie subjected yourselves to the dunk tank. This truly was the highlight of the day. It showed people how you can interact with us in a casual environment to share fun times, and many see that you really are approachable.

You make me happy I live in a community with this type of managerial philosophy. I made sure to let those who didn't attend know what a spectacular event they missed.

Caring, warm and helpful staff

This facility is very spacious and beautiful with lots of amenities and accommodations. The staff is caring, warm and willing to help. The place is clean and well maintained. The residents here are very nice as well.

Traci Kuster

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. I am very pleased to hear that you find our amenities useful and in abundance. We strive to provide flexible accommodations to fit the needs and preferences of our residents as well as create an energetic, fun atmosphere within the community. The staff and I appreciate your recognition of our continued commitment to making Broadway Proper an ideal home to seniors in the Tucson area.

Christina Millay
General Manager

Caring, friendly staff

I am not there anymore, but it was a great place. My husband has since died, so I moved out. It was for him and to be with him that I moved there. The staff was very caring and friendly and took care of our needs.

Great place for parent dealing with the loss of a spouse.

My difficult and demanding mother in-law 'Susan' (not her real name) has been a resident for about 1 1/2 years. My father-in-law died, and within a month of his death, it became clear that Susan, having never lived alone in her entire life (not uncommon for this generation), was unable to function alone. Although she initially resisted the idea of living in a senior residential setting, Broadway Proper (BP) has been the right choice for her. Transportation to shopping, doctors, and personal errands is available. Meals are healthy and well-balanced, with the option of either eating all 3 meals in the dining room or choosing 2 meals in the dining room and cooking one in her kitchen apartment. An audiologist and podiatrist visit regularly. Apartments are vacuumed and dusted, bathroom and kitchen cleaned, and trash emptied weekly. Bed linens are changed, with sheets and towels laundered and returned to the apartment weekly. These services are part of the monthly rent. Assisted living is available, too. BP is required to follow a level of care to respond to a resident's self-reporting fall or fainting spell. As with many elderly people who lose a spouse, Susan became reclusive, not eating, and then began concocting schemes to be taken to the emergency room for what she told us was her need for "special attention" such as massages and meals in bed. Other than a minor urinary tract infection, the hospital visits were unnecessary. Now, The BP staff escorts her to her meals so that we can all make sure she consumes the calories she needs. The dining room staff is especially kind and patient with her. Although Susan was fully capable of preparing a light meal and doing her personal laundry, once she discovered that BP also offered the additional laundry service (at an additional fee), she requested the it. She also requested enhanced care to help with twice-weekly showering, hair washing, twice-daily AM/PM dressing, and medications. There is a full service salon onsite haircuts (men and women), perms, dyes, mani/pedis. The grounds are beautiful, with many opportunities for socializing, learning new skills, exercising (wonderful personal trainer!), etc. Beautiful swimming pool and spa, too! Holiday events are celebrated with special activities and meals. The staff continues to be incredibly kind and caring towards Susan during this difficult transition time, although I know she wears their patience quite thin. Although clean and well-kept, Susan's unit appears to be circa 1980s. It is our understanding that apartments are gradually undergoing upgrades with new kitchen cabinets, countertops, bathroom vanities, and fixtures and faucets. BP is a VERY safe, healthy place for Susan to be at in this phase of her life. It is unfortunate that skilled nursing isn't offered, as Susan will eventually need it as she further ages. BP is not a Medicare-funded facility, so be prepared to spend $$$$. Additional meals, laundry, showering, medicine administration, etc. will drive up the costs; however, if your elderly parent doesn't need to rely on these 'extras', this is a reasonably-priced senior complex, especially if they ditch their car that requires insurance and maintenance! BTW - not ONCE have we ever been met with the smell of urine lingering at this facility.

Welcoming and Accommodating

They were very welcoming and very helpful, but one of the things they did particularly well was that my aunt had a dog and it was allowed to stay in the room with her and they didn't hesitate to allow her to bring her companion in and they had dog-walkers there. They were just very accommodating of her needs.

Everyone is friendly

They have a lot of activities. Everyone is very friendly. the property is nice. My parents stay there.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Broadway Proper. The staff here are very friendly, and they have a lot of activities to keep everyone active and entertained. The facility itself is nice looking, although I do think the housekeeping could do a bit better job keeping it tidy. I've also found pills left out in my loved one's room by the med-techs, which is definitely something they should be more careful about. But overall it is a nice place, and they take good care of her!

Olivia Drury

Thank you for your thoughtful review and recognizing our staff who work very hard to make Broadway Proper a comfortable home for its residents. We pride ourselves in keeping seniors active and encourage families and friends to come and join in on the fun. We would also like to thank you for pointing out areas we can improve upon in our community. This feedback is critical to our efforts to exceed expectations.

If you would like to discuss these issues or have any other concerns we are happy to arrange a meeting with you at your convenience.

Christina Millay,
General Manager

So far it's going pretty good.

So far it's going pretty good. We don't have any major complaints about how clean it's kept, or the food, or anything like that. One of the reasons we chose them over some of the others is that they were more reasonably priced.

What you want for your love ones.

Helpful caring people work in this beautiful assisted living retirement community.

Broadway Proper is in the worst place it has ever been!

Christina Millay lies - the employee and resident opinion surveys were not wonderful. She responds that they were positive and that this indicates that this is an indication of heading in the right direction. Wrong - all you have to do is walk into the community and see for yourself. The residents and staff are so unhappy. Way to go Leisure Care - good choice.

Broadway Proper

I selected Broadway proper for my uncle. The rooms are spacious, the people are friendly, the food is delicious. Extra care can be added as needed. So far, we are very pleased.

My Moms stay at Broadway Proper

Very helpful and friendly staff. Vayada also very friendly and helpful. They worked hard to make my mom feel comfortable and meet her needs. She is looking forward to stay at Broadway Proper long term. Cost display was for a 1 bedroom with extra services

Review of Fredonia Place - Fredonia, NY

My parents have been at Broadway Proper and seem to be adjusting well. It is mainly an independent living facility with some assistant living. The fees go up the more help you need (as with most facilities). Wish they had al a carte services instead of lumping them all together so you only paid for what you needed. Monthly price only includes two meals per day and one of them has to be breakfast. They have plenty of activities for the residents. My mother, who is in the mid stages of dementia, was very hesitant about leaving her home and moving to an apt. but now she is very comfortable there.

Hate it

Hate it,,,,,,since the change in management everyone hates it. Owners don't care

Olivia Drury

Thank you for your review, and I apologize that you have had a negative experience. Broadway Proper has navigated through some changes this year with a singular goal to be better than ever. In fact, the recent feedback from residents, staff, and visitors has been quite positive. This gives us validation that we are on the right path to accomplishing our goal. I assure you that everyone in a leadership position that is involved with Broadway Proper cares deeply about our residents. We are working tirelessly to make Broadway Proper a great community and we believe we are on the right path. We will continue to work hard for our residents and staff to be the retirement community of choice in the East Tucson marketplace. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact Christina Millay, General Manager at [removed].

THE WORST OF THE WORST

My mom lived here for 9 years. It used to be great, but since the change in management, the place is terrible. It's cold and unfriendly. Many residents share that feeling. The assisted living is a joke. We paid for showers for years and my mom rarely received them. We paid for med services and had to continuously monitor to make sure that meds were given at the correct time. My mom's doc ordered a stool sample and it took them 6 months to get it. The final straw was when my mom had a bowel accident. My friend was with her and let me know. I called 3 times for a caregiver to help clean my mom and even offered to drive from home and do it myself. I was called and told the caregiver had cleaned my mom. The next morning, my mom was still sitting in her soiled briefs. They left her like that all night.

Shame, shame on Leisure Care, who is aware of the problems there and allow them to continue. I moved my mom and 12-15 residents also moved the same month. The head chef subsequently walked off the job and numerous other employees have too.

To top it off, nobody from the management team even said goodbye to my mom. They'd take 9+ years of rent, but no goodbye.

This place may suffice if you or your loved ones are fully independent, but if they need any assistance, forget it. Run, don't walk, away from this place.

Do not move your loved ones in here!

I have heard nothing good about Broadway Proper from any of the residents. People are moving out by the dozen because of the coldness and the lack of follow through of the management team. Leisure Care should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen. I moved my family member out very shortly after moving them in. Work orders don't get complete, assisted living staff doesn't know what they are doing etc.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you and your family member encountered which included lack of follow through from our management team and concerns with the maintenance and the assisted living staff. As a community we have made drastic steps to improve communication and training in all of these areas in efforts to achieve exceptional customer service for our residents and family members.

Leisure Care has been managing retirement communities for over 30 years embracing the philosophy to do the right thing, for everyone you come in contact with, every day. At Broadway Proper we live by those words and strive for our seniors to be living better than ever. We would greatly appreciate to opportunity to hear more specifics on your feedback if you have the availability. Please contact Christina Millay, GM or Raymond Mensing, GSM at [removed].

Very nice place, can take large pets!

We've had a great experience with Broadway Proper! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff all seem incredibly caring and friendly! One of the biggest surprises to us was that our loved was was allowed to bring her large dog with her to the community, and for an extra fee they have been taking care of tasks she can't do any more (walking, feeding, etc.) They are a great place, and I would recommend them to anyone looking into care options!

Poor food

The food is terrible. There is enough parking. The laundry services are good – that would be a five. The food could have more variety. The portions are too small for my tastes. The staff could stand to be a little more friendly.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time to review Broadway Proper. I want to apologize that your experience was not 100% satisfactory. We take feedback very seriously and it is vitally important to the improvement of our community.

Our chef has an excellent background in the culinary arts field and came to us from a high-end resort in the Tucson area. We have received great feedback from our residents, family members and staff regarding the quality of our food and beverage department. We cook our meals from scratch and take pride in exceeding our residents and family members expectations.

We recently updated our menu’s and offer a wide variety of choices. Our portions are based on recommended sizes for seniors. However, if a resident or guest would like a larger size meal they can certainly get one from our staff.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Christina Millay, GM

The campus was beautiful. T...

The campus was beautiful. There were lots of people coming and going. People looked happy. It is a large campus. At one point I got a little turned around.The apartments were nice. They had a full kitchen which I loved. They did not have a higher level of nursing care or memory floor.

Good for independent living

We didn’t really need a lot of care. The activities are great! If the residents develop a need for a higher level of care – they can’t provide it – they’re not certified for it. For independent living, assisted living, they’re okay. They are unable to provide a lot of care.

HAD A VERY,VERY,VERY PLESAN...

HAD A VERY,VERY,VERY PLESANT VISIT IN APRIL. BEING VETTED BY MY LTC. STAYED 3 DAYS.

We love it. They do an excellent job, we really like it here.

We love it. They do an excellent job, we really like it here. They are really clean and friendly. I think we get a pretty fair value. They have a fair amount of activities if I wanted to do them.

No Memory Care

The issue with Broadway Proper was that it was primary geared toward independent living. There is assisted living but they didn't have memory care so I kind of ruled it out because of that.

Overall, 5 of 5. The staff and the f...

Overall, 5 of 5. The staff and the facilty made the Broadway stand out from the others we toured.

The service has had issues with aides coming in promptly when my mother's been dressing and then there are some problems in communication. Other than that their care service is easily 4 out of 5 stars.

Very impressed with the Director, who...

Very impressed with the Director, who gave us the tour. Very good meal. Definitely on our short list.

large apartments, great location, see...

large apartments, great location, seems to have alot of activities.

Very impressed with the director who ...

Very impressed with the director who gave us the tour. Very good meal. Definitely on our short list.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Tucson, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Udall Park or the Ott Family YMCA, while others are grabbing coffee before they go shopping at the Park Place Mall. Broadway Proper feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Broadway Proper, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in the next phase of life.

At Broadway Proper, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.