Villa Fontana Retirement - San Jose, CA

The TriSynergy Community is a group of collaborating senior living facilities in the Santa Clara County – Amberwood Gardens Rehabilitation Center, Villa Fontana Retirement Community and Westgate Villa Assisted Living Community.
Our group provides superior independent and assisted living facilities, our Precious Memories Alzheimers unit, as well as 24 hour Skilled Nursing & Subacute Care, Rehabilitation services and Physical Therapy and Respiratory Therapy. Our integrated staff can provide a caring home for your elder loved one and meet a variety of needs for a rewarding and supported lifestyle.

My mom's care

I like the care at this community. I like the staff who are always keeping me informed on her progress or set backs. The meals are appealing and she is pleased with the menu. She likes participating in the activities that are offered. The community is clean and that makes me feel good knowing that she is in a nice atmosphere. We would recommend the care and value to other families for good care for a loved one.

When Touring The Place

They were a good community and in the mater of trying to fit into what was being offered and finding a good fit for brother was a new experience to me. On the tour they were pretty much professional and friendly. I went through the whole community. It was helpful to have a list of communities to visit from A Place For Mom. This was not the right fit.

We were unable to meet with Ms. [Removed], but we had most of our questions answers. Very clean facility and very nice staff.

Clean But Not The Right Community

i went in there for a tour and everybody was speaking a different language, either Asian or Spanish. My mom would not do well with the staff, she has a hard time understanding accents. The people also spoke other languages. They were also not ready for me and did not get the appointment on their schedule. When they were looking for someone, I walked out. It looked clean but not a right fit.

Contacted facility but there was no short term care available

Awesome Assisted Living Facility

From the moment I first contacted Villa Fontana, the staff has been attentive, caring and patient (particularly Precy, the Marketing Manager.). They impressed me with their knowledge of the needs of the elderly, and their responsiveness and attention to detail regarding my parents' medical needs. I highly recommend Villa Fontana.

Great

Everything is fine over there. She is settled in. They are great there and my Mom thinks they are great too.

Could be better

They have a protocol as does everyone, but I'm not sure that protocol is always followed through on. It could be better honestly. I think the facility is nice, well kept, and clean. The people are friendly. On average, they are okay.

very caring and attentive

The personnel there, from he caregivers to the administrators, are all very caring and attentive. It is a very family like environment.

I do wish though that the administering of services was a little smoother. For example, his showering schedule - he missed a few and it took a little while for us to get on track.

The care for the price is excellent

The best thing I like about it is that my mom gets 3 meals a day in the dining room. I like that it is a family run facility. The group of people are very caring. The care for the price is excellent.

Very good care at Villa Fontana

My aunt is in the memory unit at Villa Fontana and they take very good care of her. When she's had an illness or any type of rash they are on top of it right away. They contact our family right away and let us know how she's doing. The staff is very nice, gentle, knowledgeable, & caring. My aunt said the food is pretty good. I do wish that they had more physical activity in the memory unit. When we've had a concern they address it right away. I trust that my aunt is in very good care at Villa Fontana.

They are awesome.

They are awesome. They are very clean and very friendly. They are very attentive and responsive, if something happens they are right there on it. I like that they have an ice cream parlor, and every Friday they have an ice cream social. The food is really good. They are really just a great place.

Great!

It’s great! The staff is very outgoing – there’s a lot more people. They take great care of my aunt. My dad will be moving in shortly and I anticipate that he will have a very positive experience. The food is great.

Nice. Offers all amenities....

Nice. Offers all amenities. Too expensive and not in as desirable of a location considering other offerings. On a busy street.

Improving!

We had a bit of a rough start, but it’s improving. It could be just a time for adjustment and needing to give a little TLC to the resident. The staff has been terrific. The value is good. There are some pieces that go missing in the laundry, even though I do the laundry – they still pick up things to into the laundry. Everything is improving.

The dining room is open all day long for cookies and fruit.

I was helping a friend, but she wasn’t there very long. The staff was just excellent! I didn’t see any of the activities, but it looked like they The food was superb! The dining room itself looked like a very nice restaurant.. lots of fresh light, a lot of windows. The servers were very attentive. They really cater to keeping the sodium level down. Right outside the dining room the big windows that are two sides, you can see the outside area. As we sat in the dining room we could see the beautiful gardens. There were tables outside. The dining room is open all day long for cookies and fruit.

A Great Place For Your Loved One

Mom recently moved from Villa Fontana to another facility in Modesto in order to live closer to her son. She had lived there for the past 3 1/2 years. As her son, and a regular visitor there, I can honestly say that Villa Fontana is a wonderful facility for the elderly. I fell in love with the beautiful courtyard on my very first visit there. The facility is a beautiful place inside as well, and the ice cream parlor happens to be my favorite spot. The staff is professional and caring. My mom was always cared for nicely, and I was regularly contacted when a problem with her health would arise. Without hesitation, I would recommend Villa Fontana to anyone seeking a new home for their loved one.

Good Community Room

I guess compared to everyplace else it's a comparable price. They do pretty good job on the activities for my mom. I especially like that they have a community room that's free and families can use it to have birthday parties and family gatherings. That's really well done. I think the food is kind of bland so I would say the cuisine could be upgraded and it could be more healthy.

Rent Misunderstanding

My mom was in assisted living there. I went over there almost everyday. That was a greater level of care that my mom was expecting and paying for and she was very disappointed in the lack of privacy there - where people would just knock on your door and then open it.

One thing I disliked about them is we agreed on one monthly rate and when it got close to the end of the first 30 days they increased the rate by a huge percentage. They said, in their view, I had only signed my mom up for respite care which was only 30 days. That was a huge misunderstanding.

They also weren't very responsive to maintenance requests. There was a leak in my mom's ceiling in her bathroom and it was never resolved the whole time she was there from June through August.

They're Always Working With Me

It's been very nice. We just had a problem with my sister and her roommate. That just hasn't been working out. They've been very physical with each other and she's had a few injuries on her arms. They've moved her to a new room. They're working with me all the time. We're just trying to figure out the best situation for her.

They're very nice people and everything is going great except the owner assured my that they would be able to trick my sister into taking a shower and they haven't been able to yet.

The activities are great. I see pictures on the walls of thier outdoor trips. My sister joins in on everything and has a really good time. It looks like she's really enjoying herself.

Meet with Percy, she was in...

Meet with Percy, she was indeed a warm personality, business like as well , answered all my questions and concerns. showed several apartments to me and it's also close to home , freeways for my sisters and I would like this one for my mother. I like there special touches, ice cream parlor, family rooms, activities. Bus for doctor appts. a real plus for us!

Under new management - what a differe...

Under new management - what a difference from what I knew it to be years ago! Beautiful! Even an ice cream parlor! Nice size but a bit pricey, and they charge for parking !! It has an advantage that it is a tri-level care, having the assisted and rehab centers across the street, one around the corner. Super convenient in that respect. Loved the courtyard, sundeck, common areas very spacious. Seem to be very diet conscious, working with special diets. For location, #1 on my list, for price, sharpen my pencil! Special on now, 2 year pricing -- not moving yet!!

Recently refurbished, but a bit of an...

Recently refurbished, but a bit of an instsitutional feel ... long hallways without much break up. Mixture of IL and AL on same floor. Most people I saw seemed to be in sig. decline although there are some residents who walk outside the facility for distance regularly. (I met one, she was delightful). 85 units. IL, AL, Memory Care (in separate secure buildgin). Related to Campbell Villa which has 60 units. Many facilities charge a community fee; they do not. Resident all have emergecny response necklaces no extrage charge; [removed] all meals and snacks, weekly houskeeping, weekly personal laundry, transportation to medical appointments 1/week, trans to shopping and scenit trips, outside activities, e.g. santana row. Family owned. Now 83 residents, median age 81-84 years. ratio staff in memory care unit 1:5, in IL/AL 1:10. Bistro open 24 hours 7 days a week, ice cream social. Cute courtyard on inner part of building. Rooms small, but high ceilings. Some w balconies. Sundeck roof garden up six steps to top, quite nice. AL charged on a point system, e.g. medication mgt, dressing, wheelchair assistance etc.

this is affiliated with Campbell Vill...

this is affiliated with Campbell Village.

A wonderful place. This was the first...

A wonderful place. This was the first place she has seen. Had lunch with residents. Servers bring food to table. Director of marketing gave us a very complete tour. The studios very in size and some are really large and so much more comfortable. Many activity rooms and lounges for residents. Pricing was reasonable for size of rooms. Remodeled 2 years ago. Staff were very pleasant.