SARATOGA RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - Saratoga, CA

My Mom and Dad chose this place for themselves. They have been at this facility for 14 years. It has been a wonderful place for both of them. My dad passes away in 2008 and my mom has since moved into Assisted Living. There will always be an adjustment period to get things settled and a routine established. My mom has good friends and the staff is wonderful and caring here. If you take the time to work with the staff it should be a wonderful experience. That has been my experience. I feel my parents were well cared for in Independent living and my mom gets great care in Assisted Living

Excellent facility

We chose this place because it's close to my home and it has a good vibe to it. The staff has been excellent in caring for my Mother-in-law and the facility is always very clean. They have a few activities for the residents to participate including arts and crafts and various outing. I highly recommend them to other families

Wonderful place!!

I have no complains of how things went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for myself.

Very disappointed!

I was really disappointed with them. I was all ready for my sister to move in. We had all the family come see the place. We liked the staff and all the people that were there. Then they told us that my sister did not qualify and that made us have to rush.

Would not recommend this place!!

I am not pleased with the experience that I had with this community while my father was in there care. He needed a little extra help from his behavior and instead of trying to find a solution they wanted me to hire on a 24/7 home care team that would come help take care of him. I could not afford that and they where not willing to work with me so I ended up removing him from the facility. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Improve Medication Organization

So far it's been fine but they had a glitch with trying to get medication ordered and available for my mom, which they were aware before moving in. The nurses and assistant need to make sure her medications are ordered, given on time, inform of refills, and return calls. However, the sales woman was very nice and new. She searched for answers when unsure about my question and that was good. My mom is having a great time meeting with friends and goes on excursions and helpful with shopping bags. Her meals consist of choices and have to-go services. I can see the waitstaff doing a good job working hard to please the residents. They also provide rides to the doctor and it helps me not to arrange rides for her. I also like that if she got worse they can provide rehab or memory care. It looks gorgeous but I do wish they had nurses 24 hours not out by 6 pm.

Great fit at the time

My father lived here for a little over five years, and ended up moving for a better memory care unit and to be closer to family, but his time here was great. The memory care unit was very small and just developing when he needed it most, so that was one of the main reasons he moved. It is a very large community on almost 40 acres of beautiful grounds with a large amount of residents. There are options for assisted living, independent living, and memory care. The staff was fantastic and the food was great. Ultimately, the new community ended up being a better fit for him, but Saratoga was great while he was living there.

No Activity

That equally as yucky as the other place my mother was in. She was there for a while and the lack of activity was the worst. They would just sit her facing a wall and if I didn't show up that's where she would be sitting all day long - facing a wall.