Valley Orchards Retirement Community - Petaluma, CA

Nice location. Difficult to drive in or out on this busy street for elderly drivers. Price, apartment amenities and food are good. Decor is not so welcoming in the common areas - seems dark. Needs a modern feel vs very old living room and old hotel hallways.

Very nice facility. Beautiful grounds and very friendly people. The ambience is that of a high end hotel. The only negative I can mention is a bit of a musty smell.

We like it very much, and are very happy with it.

We like it very much, and are very happy with it. A Place For Mom did a good job helping us find it. We have been satisfied with everything.

Not at all inviting, dirty carpeting and walls throughout...not being considered.

It's Pretty Amazing Here

I took a tour of this lovely, smaller community and I found it interesting. I love the residents, they were friendly and welcoming when I met them. I also ate lunch here and was so impressed with the chef's meal which was fish with sauce, it truly was the best fish I had in a very long time! This community is smaller, which is fine with me. I also did not like the dark rooms and there was no available room on the 2nd floor.

All is well so far

Mom has only been at Valley Orchards for a few weeks and she is still trying to adjust but seems to be happy there. As a family we are right in the middle of selling her home and she just had surgery on top of that. The staff as well as the residents have all been very nice and welcoming. Mom has a group of people that she eats with and seems to enjoy their company. The only thing that I would say about the cleanliness of the community is that they can probably use new carpet in the main area. Other than that things are going very well!

backyard view

I am very pleased with Valley Orchard Retirement Community. What we like most is our backyard view. It is literally like our own backyard. I have nothing to say for them to improve here. I give everything five stars.