Brookdale Paulin Creek - Santa Rosa, CA

automatically have to separate. assisted 5800 plus care. 7800 with separate room and two people. sandy scultz

Excellent tour and staff. While we liked the facility we thought the cost was a little high for this facility. Obviously driven by the high real estate costs in the area. We are now looking in Oregon and Washington

This really was an education and informative for us. The residents all looked clean and happy. No funny smells in any part of the facility. It was huge! It was a beautiful and caring facility. Secure and recommended.

Overall good experience

My mom likes the color scheme and decor. Enjoys the food and feels like there are always plenty of options. Overall it's a good place, though she does feel that some things are pretty old, like the bathroom and how long it takes to get hot water in the shower.

Too big!

Brookdale Paulin Creek was a nice place, but I did not think the facility would fit the needs of my sister. It was too big and I had already toured another community that we fell in love with.

Visited facility and of the five facilities visited in two days, this was everyone's least favorite. The sales tour was poorly done and the feeling when I left was that the outfit was "sketchy". As someone who does not have a loved one living here I can't comment on actual services but it just felt 'off' to me.

My mom's care

I like the care that my mom is getting here. The community is clean and maintained. The meals are appealing and the residents seem pleased with the variety. The activiites are offer to the residents for them to participate. We would recommend this community and the care that is offered to other families for good care.

A Good Fit for My Parents

My parents really like it here, and so far everything has worked out very well. This is a lovely community, everybody has been very kind and helpful. The community looks great, they do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. They have a nice floor plan. There a plenty of activities for the residents to choose from. My parents have started to try a few. They are very pleased with the meals. I couldn't any more pleased with all they have done for us. I would highly recommend this community.

At the beginning of a new chapter

I am pleased with the overall experience of living here!

The 10 hours of move -in help were a surprise to me and most welcome since i injured my knee in the process of moving.

The food is not the best but it is more than adequate and available at all times.

I am content with the services and like that they can be tailored to fit my needs.

I have been here only one month and have yet to experience the full range of activities

Best dementia care facility in Santa Rosa Ca

Brookdale Paulin Creek dementia and Alzheimer's care facility is the best in Santa Rosa. My mother lives there whom has dementia. First they are "all inclusive" in their payment plan. There are no surprises when I get the bill. Second they have a beautiful clean facility. Third They keep up a care plan that is reviewed by me each month. The staff seem to truly care for my mothers well being. It is safe, no one can get out. I have the added problem of an unwanted family member trying to visit. The staff were quick to turn them away, protecting my mother.
I am blessed to have my mom live here, and because of their lower all inclusive payment, my mom will be able to stay there the rest of her life. You don't have to pay big dollars to get great care here.

My Tour

The tour I had was good. The tour guide was on time and seemed to knowledgeable about the community. During my tour I was not offered a complimentary meal or snack to see what the residents eat.

I'm Happy With This Community

I have my father-in-law living at this community. I enjoy the staff who are always helping and caring for my father-in-law. The community is kept clean, no issues. The meal provided are good with right-size portion and if my father-in-law wants more, he can have more. Activities are available but I feel there could be more to add. I am happy with the care her and I would recommend this place.

5 stars for Brookdale!!

I would recommend Brookdale Paulin Creek. The staff are caring and very capable. I had one meal there and it was very good. They offer activities for the residents, however my mom is not able to participate in any. The community is clean and well maintained.

Top Class Organization

My mom is here at this community and so far she loves the help she gets daily like dusting and cleaning her room. The staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. I have seen the community very clean and up kept, no issues. My mom takes advantage of the 3 meals offered while enjoying social time with residents in the dining room. I have noticed Mom is attempting activities like field trips. I would recommend to others for its 1st class organization and follow through with what was said from the beginning.

We are pleased

We have no complaint and everything we asked for, it was provided. we are pleased.

Four Stars

There is no therapist to help people make the transition, which is a huge transition for older people. I think it is a really nice facility, it is very aesthetic. I just think they are understaffed and the one big gap is how they integrate people into the community. They say they have an ambassador program, but they don't have it and that is my main concern with the facility; just making new residents feel welcomed there.

very happy

Overall I am very happy with Brookdale Paulin Creek. They have a services desired button which each resident uses and I would like for their response time when the button is pushed to be a little bit faster. But other than that everything with them has gone really well and we are extremely pleased.

Decent

This is a decent place for the money. The rooms are a little cramped and the decor could be a little more inviting. They do keep the place clean and odor free and the staff there is very helpful.

Not Enough Caregivers

I think that the biggest thing I would say about it is that we moved my loved one there for assisted living and they only have 2 caregivers for 60 residents and that's unrealistic. How much they charge for just 2 caregivers, they should have way more than that. I'd say the staff was caring, but for the amount of money spent for only 2 workers, I wouldn't really call it assisted living. The food was great though, I would highly recommend that and the people in the kitchen were just outstanding.

A daughters perspective

My mom has been in respite there for the month of May. She found the so called ambassadors to be very sketchy in their willingness to help her meet new people. There was a lack of smooth transitioning for her. She ended up spending weekends with her daughters out of boredom and lonliness. I think Paulin Creek is great but maybe not the perfect fit for my mom. She had a toilet problem and was told to come to the front desk area early in the am to use the toilet. NOT very bloody likely. Being new and all, she was shy to come downstairs in her morning all in all's.
Never did get the mirror in the living area she was promised. Food was good. She elected to eat bkft in apt. She was anxious. Im not sure that she really wants to live with other seniors, yet.

Very impressed

We have been very impressed. We always remark on the cleanliness. My parents are enjoying the food. Its better than we have expected. Every person has been truly helpful. They could use a little more parking.

My parents are very content at "The Lodge"

We moved my parents into the Assisted Care wing of Lodge at Paulin Creek. They had been living in an Independent Care Facility in southern California and were worried about the move. However, the sales staff, hospitality, maintenance, and aids were all very kind and ready to help my parents with whatever needs they had. If there were any issues during my parents' transition, the staff responded to my calls immediately. My parents are almost settled in and are already enjoying history lectures, Bingo, and who knows what else. They are very content right now, which makes us all happy. The place is clean and well located. There were only a couple things that needed repairing and they've been attended to. The only complaint from my mom is that she gets a different aid every day and she is used to having one caregiver. That will just take some getting used to.

I really liked this place. There are several dining rooms (one large one and two for the assisted living block). There are plenty of activities and the apartments all have either a patio or a balcony. The only problems are there is no gate to the community, so safety is a concern. However, I thought the facility and the grounds were very clean and well manicured. The residents seemed very content, too.

Terrible place, great staff

So after a month of moving my grandparents in, My family and I have noticed the same things over and over again.

One- the food is terrible, it's either cold, cooked to death, or covered in a terrible sauce.

Two- the wait staff and housekeepers are great and super friendly, however, once an apartment is sold, I feel like everyone else ignores you and our grandparents.

Three- pricing is ridiculous but that is true of all communities.

We are honestly thinking about moving my grandparents to awhile home closer to one of us.

She is all settled in and we are liking it just fine. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. We don't have any concerns or complaints. All is well.

The food is terrible but the people are wonderful.

The food is terrible but the people are wonderful. Several of the ladies complain about the food. It comes out cold and is covered in gravy, and is unrecognizable, and the vegetable are cooked to death. It would be a five if not for the food. The room is lovely, and the people are great. It's mostly the food!!

Beautiful facility, but too...

Beautiful facility, but too large -- felt my mother-in-law would 'get lost' among so many residents. Liked the different levels of care available in one location.

Expensive

I haven't lived here very long. It takes a lot of adjusting when you move in. I'd give the food 2.5 stars. The price is high but they're all high I guess.

Fantastic Community

Lodge at Paulin Creek is a fantastic community that is very clean and very well maintained. The only issue I would have is that they either do not clean the resident’s rooms or do not clean them often even if the resident is no longer there. It is a great community and we are happy our loved one is here. They offer lots of activities and seem to have a pretty good variety. When we chose this community prices were a factor and we feel they provided the best value. The community is a secure community which was exactly what we were looking for. The community is decorated pretty modern and it really nice. Our loved one loves the food and if he is happy then so are we. We would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Utilities, Cable, Full time activitie...

Utilities, Cable, Full time activities program, Heated pool, whirlpool, Game and card room, personal, emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.

Loved. Put my parents on a waiting li...

Loved. Put my parents on a waiting list. Liked the Idea of the soon to be Assisted Living section.

lesser quality than Brookdale, still ...

lesser quality than Brookdale, still nice; no assistance in-house 'til Aug.;

I like this one

I like this one

The Lodge at Paulin Creek provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.