Brookdale Sonoma - Sonoma, CA has yet not published prices.

Independent Lifestyle at its Best!

Brookdale Sonoma is a beautiful community. My parents really love living here. They choose this community because it provides them with the quiet comfortable independent living space they needed. They provide light housekeeping in my parents two bedroom apartment. The community is kept exceptionally clean. Right now it is messy because they are replacing the carpets. They serve three meals a day of excellent food where my parents enjoy eating in the dining room for two meals a day. As they've gotten older they do not eat that much. The staff is caring and available if they are needed. There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate if they wish to. They provide a printed sheet full of daily activities. I personally like it because of all the activities they offer; trips to the casinos, art classes, jewelry repair classes, bridge, trivia and movie nights.

Food Service Manager

Brookdale at Sonoma, Food service manager[Removed] doesn't know what is she doing when it becomes to treat her employees right.. I am a kitchen manager with many years of experience and I was looking for a place for both of my parents and she was yelling at her employees like if they were animals, putting them down because she said to have a degree and she said that they don't know how to do their job!! Incredible!!... bottom line as a manager you have to teach how they suppose to do their job!! I wouldn't like to have my parents treated like that or even my kids.. This Brookdale is situated in a really nice area and it looks wonderful. You can tell that all the employees work super hard to get the job done. I just wish that the kitchen manager was a little bit more human when it becomes to managing her team, school don't teach you that!

Great place for mom!

My mother told me she is happy here.She is just starting to get involved in exercise classes and she has gone on one outing. My mother is very picky about food and she really likes the meals at Brookdale. She is eating much better than she was.The people here are so kind and it is a good fit for her.

Did not visit. But, assuming they follow the same guidelines as [Removed], my mother would automatically be placed in memory care with a diagnosis of dementia, regardless of stage or current level of independence

Very good shape

The place is in very good shape. The heating system needs improvement. They have a flyer posted so that you can see the different activities they offer everyday. they have bingo and movies you can see downstairs.

Very nice place

They do an excellent job here overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, the staff are friendly, and the care and services they provide all seem to be very good.

The facility seemed 'tired'...

The facility seemed 'tired' (e.g., stained furniture and rugs in lobby), which made me wonder about the care given to the residents. I also didn't like the layout of the building (too isolating).

emeritus of Sonoma, CA.What change in policies of Merrill Gardens of Sonoma may we expect?

Being in residence since June 2013 my experience is limited. However I previously lived in a retirement community in Petaluma, CA. Because I arrived during a transition period, Manager Webster left, Wendy has been on limited duty since she had other responsibilities that have made her less accesible to residents.
My single meeting with Wendy was to deal with the very limited rebates for absence of a resident for more than one week. i discussed 2 [removed] Meal credits of $5.00 per diem apply only after 2 weeks away. Given the $11.00 charge for a guest meal this is very small . Rebate should apply after an absence of one week.
There is no provision for resident disposal of non-biological degradable items...batteries, inkjet cartridges, etc. This violates a Sonoma County statute.
So far there has been no management response This meeting was in August. No Town Hall meeting was scheduled for October. The so-called committee that receives resident complaints has not provided any report to residents during my stay here. I don't know who the members are.
My impression to date is that there is no real oversight by management, limited orientation for new residents, a kitchen with overworked wait staff, no busboys, and no one supervising the effectiveness and training of of the dining room staff.

Looks good.

Looks good.

They won't accept my loved one due to...

They won't accept my loved one due to dementia, they need to refund the $2000 deposit, have not recieved it to date.

Brookdale Sonoma is a luxurious senior community in Sonoma, California. Located in a quiet residential area, our community is ideally situated near churches, banks, shopping, dining and medical facilities. Sonoma is a beautiful city with a rich history, counted among the world's finest wine-producing regions. Located in Sonoma County, just an hour out of San Francisco, Sonoma is a small-town that is a popular tourist and retirement destination.

At Brookdale Sonoma, we offer both independent living and assisted living services. Life at our community is like a permanent vacation. We handle all the necessities of life and home maintenance, while residents enjoy access to our luxurious services and amenities. Our well-trained staff perfectly balance independence and assistance, encouraging individuality, protecting privacy and promoting dignity.

Considered one of the premier senior communities in the region, Brookdale Sonoma offers exceptional services and amenities, including:

Scheduled transportation services
Gardening areas with raised beds
Pet-friendly accommodations
Private patio or balcony in select apartments
Spacious apartment homes with kitchenette, individual climate controls, carpeting and walk-in closets