Did Not Care For It

I did not care for this community when touring it. As soon as you entered you got it with an odor of fried food.The staff was friendly and nice. I did not care for the way the community was laid out it felt very confining almost institutionalized.

My stay is going smoothly!

My stay at Deer Park is going smoothly! They are sure to cater to my needs and requests. Though there have been a few changes in management, everything else seems to stay fairly consistent. The food is good, and I am pleased with the activities that they have to offer.

Beautiful place and grounds. There are several different floor plans, great facilities and everyone seems to know everyone, a plus.

Good community for independant senior

Things are going well so far.I know my grandma was a little taken back because she hadn't moved her car for a while and they asked her to move it. She can't walk very well and they only offer two handy cap spots so that peeved here a little.Other than that we we pleased with Deer Park and it is very comfortable to visit her. We chose Deer Park because the other communities were assisted living and she didn't need that much care.We liked that it's a senior community.

We toured this community when looking for my mother. It was very clean with a friendly staff.They were able to answer all of our questions during the tour and we got a great first impression of the place. They offered many activities and it seemed like a great place to live. The only downside is it was too far from my mother's desired location. We ended up choosing a community closer to home but this place is a great option families looking for a centralized community near Santa Rosa or San Francisco.

I am happy with the care that my mother is receiving here. The staff was nice and very kind and patient. The community is very clean and taken care of. They have activities that are offered to those who want to participate. We would recommend others to this community for great care.

Very Accommodating Staff

My cousin is doing well here, I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. It is a nice looking facility, they do a nice job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they are extremely accommodating. There are activities offered for the residents. I know she is receiving great care. This is a community I would recommend.

Review of Deer Park - Novato, CA

Nice place but Independent Living only no Assisted Living there..

Love this facility

The staff is very friendly and the food is good. The apartments are very nice and cozy. We absolutely love this facility.

Best food I've ever had

The food here is the best I have ever had, and they have dedicated themselves to making sure the food is excellent. It is like dining in a fine dining establishment everyday. The activities here seem appropriate for the patients here. The only thing that I would complain about is that the place is supposed to be an Independent Living Community and there are quite a few people here that seem to need Assisted Living with wheelchairs at the dining table and what have you.

Comfortable

The apartments here are very nice and cozy. The staff is warm and helpful and they are constantly going above and beyond the call of duty for all of the residents and their families. Very comfortable place, but the food could be better.

just great

My mother is there right now and they have been really great all the way from he first call when we contacted them to get information, all the way through to the move in and her stay now.

Sunshine

Thanks for your review. We are so happy to hear your mother is enjoying her new home!

very helpful and friendly

The managers at Deer Park are wonderful, and always available to answer any questions or help out in any way they can. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. The residents all seem very happy.

The only are of improvement that I can think of would be with the food. Specifically, they need to have more fresh vegetables.

Sunshine

Thanks for you kind review and taking the time to share your experience. And I will be sure to let our Chef know to serve more veggies!

The staff is great.

The staff is marvelous! It is good to have managers living on site. I wish there was assisted living, but they allow private caregivers. My parents have a lovely bright apartment. (I could easily live there.) The other residents are very nice as well.

Sunshine

Cordie, it makes our day to hear that both you and your parents are happy Deer Park. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make their experience even better.

No apartments available wit...

No apartments available with tubs or kitchens in entire facility

Sunshine

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with some of the apartment amenities during your recent visit to Deer Park. As an all-inclusive independent community, we offer EVERYTHING, and therefore our residents do not need full kitchens. With 3 delicious homemade meals prepared daily by our Chef, served in our beautiful dining room by our staff of servers, and a coffee bar open 24/7, you will hardly miss your kitchen, and the mess of cooking and cleaning! Beside the luxury of a chef, residents enjoy many other amenities including transportation around Novato, fitness classes, social outings, a safe environment with live-in managers and more. We encourage you revisit Deer Park, enjoy a complimentary lunch so you can experience our dining first hand, and reconsider the need for a kitchen.

Odor Free

They have good food and our loved one is really happy here. When we were looking at communities our loved one did not want to go into one and was fighting it the entire time. Then we put our loved on in Deer Park and they love it there now. We were pleasantly surprised on how much she is enjoying the community. The best part is that it is clean and even smells clean there is no odor in this community. We are very pleased with them.

Sunshine

It is our goal to make sure our residents (and their family members) are happy with Deer Park and we thank you for sharing your positive experience. If there is ever anything we can improve on, or do to make your loved one's day even better, please let us know!

Was given a tour and they were quite ...

Was given a tour and they were quite cordial. Overall impression is that it is "institutional", but adequate

Sunshine

We are so pleased to hear that you had the chance to meet our wonderful Deer Park Management Team. At Sunshine Retirement Living, we pride ourselves on selecting live-in managers that not only help our residents with their daily requests, but also show our residents and guests the kindness and compassion they deserve. We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Deer Park again in the near future and experience some of what makes it feel like home for all of our wonderful residents.

Deer Park is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, located in beautiful Northern California, just minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including three chef-prepared meals daily, on-site beauty salon, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Deer Park, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.