Silverado Vintage Preserve - Houston, TX

Nice facility. Felt more like a nursing home setting. Did not like the rooms would rather have actual apartment. Prices were high but I do understand memory patients need/require more assistance.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback. Community pets and an active, positive, homelike environment are a large part of our philosophy. Many of our rooms are designed to be companion rooms since we have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social.

Comfortable and lots of activities!

Mom and dad are settling in quite well. They are quite comfortable living here. The staff is very warm and friendly. The community provides numerous activities, in and outside the community. My mom and I love that they have a beauty salon. Fridays they have happy hour and next week there is a trip to the Astros game. There is a chicken hatching project planned. They have a very nice dining area that I have been invited to dine in with my parents. So far I have enjoyed coffee when I come to visit my parents, they have hydrations stations provided for residents and guests. Their room could be a little bigger but it was the nicest facility out of all I visited. It is a very clean and well-maintained community. All of the residents wear alert buttons and they have alert buttons on the walls. I feel my parents are in a very safe and caring environment.

Silverado Representative

First off, we want to thank you and your family for trusting us to love and care for both your mother and father. We pride ourselves in being industry leaders and are always committed to treating our residents with dignity and respect. We're glad to hear that your parents are thriving at Silverado and are enjoying the daily activities and engagements. We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

We loved this community

When we visited this community we saw the staff and caregivers interacting with the residents. They keep the residents active and encourage them to socialize. They treat the residents with respect. They have a place for the residents to enjoy watching birds. They make sure the residents get the personalized care they deserve. I would have liked to have my loved one live here, unfortunately their insurance would not work with this community. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We're happy to hear that you had an opportunity to visit Silverado Vintage Preserve. Our associates provide personalized dementia care and treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your thoughts.

Super Nice Staff

We had a very nice tour of this community, it is good community. The staff was super nice, and friendly. The community looked good. Unfortunately they did not have any private room available at the time, and that was a must for my mother. My tour went well overall.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review. We're glad that you had an opportunity to experience the Silverado difference.

I previewed this home when it was named USA MEMORY CARE. It was very very nice and with lots of room for the patients to be entertained. It has an outside area and a very large social room for the ones who still have some of their basic skills on thinking on what they are doing. When you first walk in there is like a MAIN Street that has shops as if you were outside somewhere It is very clean and nice.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review!

Staged tour experience!

When we toured this community, it was still called U.S. Memory care. when we walked in, it felt really staged how the residents were all in the main area doing their activities. When I walked into the hallways, I saw the activities calendar and it has not been updated in over a month. Also, my mother's current roommate at the community we chose moved out of this place.

Great Memory Care!!

The memory care they offer at this community seemed wonderful. The residents all seemed happy and very involved in their activities they had going on. I was very impressed with this facility and would recommend this place to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for commenting. A home-like and lively environment is a large part of our philosophy, as is having a well-trained, compassionate staff. Our vibrant environment and individualized engagement plans makes Silverado feel like a home. Thanks for your feedback!

Nice Bedrooms!!

I thought the bedrooms were a good size and were very organized. The atmosphere in the community was positive. The staff and the residents looked happy and were very friendly with me. During my tour i didn't get to see any ongoing activities, but they do offer a great amount of them. I really liked that there is so much variety of the meals. They work with all of the families special diets.

tcumings

Thank you for your feedback! If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. -Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

USMC is a wonderful option for memory care in our area.

My family was recently referred to USMC by the staff at another senior living facility albeit not one equipped to deal with memory care residents. It tool only one visit to the facility and with the staff to convince us that we need look no further for a wonderful, new environment for our Mother. Angela, Amber and all the staff are quite simply great at what they do and that translates into the services provided to all residents. We could not more highly recommend USMC to any family in need of a memory care facility in the Lakewood Forest/Vintage area.

This community was not for my mom!

When I toured this community it reminded me more of a small main street with a few shops although I did not see anybody utilizing the rooms that were available. This community is impressive to look at. The staff were nice.

tcumings

Thank you for your feedback. We offer four large activities on our Main Street daily to engage our residents so I apologize you were not able to observe those during your tour. We also engage residents on each neighborhood based upon their own abilities. I would love the opportunity for you to come back and tour so you can truly see the programming U.S. Memory Care offers. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. - Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

A Nice Community, They Are Caring For My Wife Well

My wife is doing pretty well here at this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. They have a lovely staff here, they have been very helpful and accommodating. There are nice activities offered, and nice outings outside the community. They do good job with cleaning, everything is very well maintained and clean. I've tired some of the meals and the food is great. I know she is being cared for well. Overall everything has worked well and I would recommend it.

Lack of Leadership

I once was told, when stating your opinion of a situation or people, there are 2 different ways of speaking. One person will speak with dignity and grace and the second person will speak with truthfulness and straight to the point.

First, I want to thank all of the employees, who have stayed with USMC Vintage, through all the changes that have been made. Your true commitment to the residence and the company have been outstanding. There is no one finer, then a front line employee, who's Heart Is Filled With Compassion & Love For Others.

Here we go:
This facility clearly lacks leadership from management. Within a 10 month time frame, they have change managers 3 times and their turnover rate is approximately at 50%.
New hire training consist of Company Orientation, OJT and Industry training is kept to a minimal.

Safety:
There is a lack of emergency call buttons in the residence rooms. If your loved one falls at night, they could lay on the floor up to an hour before anyone finds them.

Daily activities:
Some changes have been made in daily activities, but still have a long way to go...
Old school methods are still being used to engage & stimulate the residence. Currently there is NO new and improved techniques offered. Also, very little is offered in outdoor activities.

Communication only becomes frustrating when there is none:
Family group meetings are held once a month. The meetings are generally unorganized and always end with families complaining. The managers are usually brow beaten & they produce little results.

As with most facilities laundry is a problem:
USMC is right there with the rest of them & if you don't like the way they wash clothes do it yourself.

Room Size & Sharing:
If you're sharing a studio room, be prepared to give up privacy. We were told the facility original design was to keep each room private. However, the company had the state come back in & remeasure each room, so they could increase occupancy. There are designated rooms for 1 person occupancy at a higher cost.

Improper placement of residence:
Not all residence are placed in units according to their needs. Due to a lack of occupancy the company closed off one wings of the building and has placed some of the residence in area's where the level of care is much different. As a result of this action, aides are forced to care for these people, while others get less. The company willingness to place 2 people in a small room, while leaving a entire wing empty is baffling. They really need to go back to the drawing board & evaluate their poorly executed business plan.

Staff:
There are good worker Bee's and there are bad ones. You can easily spot the ones, who genuinely care. Proper staffing is a problem & mandatory overtime is often required. Can't say with certainty if any of the aides speak Spanish. However, there are non-aide employees that do. Sadly, some of the lower level managers, have verbally confronted these employees and told them any conversation in Spanish is a direct violation of company rules, UNLESS of course they are conversing with a resident or family member.

It is very concerning that Tami [removed], COO. visit's this facility frequently & is very aware of the many problems. Hmm...

There is a lack of vision and the need to make money out weighs common sense. This company should consider hiring a temporary expert service, that offers a fresh perspective and new ideas. Sadly, one can only assume, if they continue on their current path the staff turnover rate will remain high and resident occupancy rate low.

Before considering this place for a loved one, I would suggest you look at as many facilities as possible. Generally smaller facilities will offer more personal care & less worries.

At this time, I would NOT recommend USMC to any family. Their lack of communication, organization and leadership, WILL risk your loved one personal care.

tcumings

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns and would be happy to meet with you there at the community at your convenience.
I would like to address some of your concerns now. Each resident's room has an emergency call button and the staff check on residents on a regular basis.
We do offer both semi-private and private apartments. Families and residents select an apartment when they move into our community. If someone selects a semi-private room, they are aware they will be sharing that apartment.
We have a very stable management team at this community and will continue to work together to deliver top notch care. Sometimes turnover happens but we strive to hire the best and most compassionate employees.
Tami Cumings, COO

I recently visited the facility and was greatly pleased with the care provided to the residents. The staff, Angela, Deb and Nell were very helpful during my tour. The place was fresh smelling and very inviting. I observed that they kept the residents engaged in lots of activities. I stayed for lunch and the food was great -- thanks to chef Laura. I would definitely recommend this facility to family and friends.

Mom is Happy here

My experience US Memory Care- Vintage overall has been pretty great. From the care givers all the way to the management team are pretty nice. My mother enjoys the daily activities and loves the food. She's made many new friends and likes her new apartment. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a home for their mom or dad to go visit US Memory Care- Vintage.

Keep up the good work!

I have been greatly impressed with the support the Vintage community has seen over the last several weeks. It is clear that the upper management was aware of the poor leadership in the community and they have hired a great new Executive Director that seems to have the compassion and knowledge to lead the team here. The care staff and dining staff have all kept such great attitudes with the change and it is so refreshing to see a team that really cares about what they do every day. It warms my heart to know that my loved ones are in good hands and it gives me peace of mind to know that there is now a great leader to ensure that the staff are supported everyday!

tcumings

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are honored to be caring for your loved one. Please continue to let us know how and where we need to improve! - Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

It was a nice place, with wonderful amenities.

I toured here when I was looking. It was a nice place, with wonderful amenities. They were comparable to my first choice place, and even less expensive. I chose my first choice community in spite of the price difference, because the depth of knowledge presented here was not quite as good as my first choice place.

A good place to live

Mother has required increased assistance during the last six months. The staff has been very caring and has made every effort to provide for her physical, mental and emotional needs. The caregivers, med tecs and nurses work hard on a daily basis. Anita Vincent was always available to give me information, advice and support. She never pressured me and was truly understanding. I am very sorry that she is no longer with USMC. Richard and the housekeeping staff keep the facility clean, attractive and inviting. They did all the work involved in moving Mother to Willow. The kitchen staff does a good job with the meals and snacks. My only complaint is that the administrative and nursing staff has had many changes since March 2015. A stable staff provides the best environment for residents and the family members.

Bogus Claims from Headquarters

[removed].

The Care Givers are certainly a very caring group. It is unfortunate that the management staff doesn't show enough appreciation for the work they do. They surely are the most under appreciated group at the facility. Often times they are left working shot handed due to staff shortages or someone calling off.
The Care Giver turnover indicates a lack of support for group.

The kitchen staff does a very good job and prepares some very good meals.

NOW, to the management staff. Some of their directions to the "worker bees" are, at times, show a lack of undestanding what needs to be done.
The nursing staff have offices which keeps them from seeing what is happening on the floor. One can learn more by observing than by sitting behind a desk.
The Executive Director shows a lack of compassion in dealing with family members. There is never enough time to communicate with families.
She has given notice to three families to send their loved ones to another facility.
Whether or not this was a directive from corporate headquarters, the fact is that she carried out those directions. If she wants to espouse her nursing and Christian values now, how is it that she ignored them for so long?

tcumings

Thank you for your comments. We have made a change with this Executive Director and are bringing in a seasoned leader that will appreciate the staff for all the hard work they do. We are also making changes throughout the entire company that will allow career growth for our caregivers and allow them to have a voice in the company.
Tami Cumings, COO US Memory Care, LLC

Another distasteful encounter

This is the worst company. After being at this community during the transition of the last ED we are now losing another ED. At first we did not believe things would change but it has been wonderful with the ED who has been here for only 5 months and now has quit. It's obvious that the problems are with the company and not the facility. The building is clean and the food is great. The team is happy and under great leadership. Shame on the upper management. [removed]

tcumings

I'm sorry to hear your concerns. We have a new Executive Director and team that we are very proud of at this community. I would be more than happy to talk with you at any your convenience.
Tami Cumings - Chief Operating Officer

BEWARE !!!

BEWARE !!!!
Although this facility looks beautiful, be sure you look beyond the façade. Be sure you FULLY understand the commitment they are selling.
From a care standpoint, you will appreciate the Care Givers. There is a never ending shortage of Care Givers from shift to shift.
From a managerial and supervisory standpoint, be sure to look for the obvious selling points.
The Executive Director is one who will tell you what you want to hear until your loved one "becomes a problem".
A basic understanding of the disease is certainly lacking. I personally know of three families who were given a 30 day notice to find another place as their loved one's dementia grew stronger. As an excuse to rid themselves of a resident, they come up with something that, on the face of it, is laughable.
[removed]
If you want to place your loved one there and come visit once in awhile, this may be the place for you.. However, if you visit your loved one frequently, you will definitely see the shortcomings of this facility.
Good luck finding a place for your loved one. There are many memory care facilities in the area. Please choose wisely.

U.S. Memory Care is a nightmare, a wolf in sheep's clothing

From the deepest, most sincere recesses of my heart, I strongly recommend and implore any family member to NEVER entrust your loved one's care to U.S. Memory Care Vintage. The facility is lovely -- a "Main Street" interior concept with a beauty shop, movie theater, soda fountain, etc. Unfortunately, it is merely a "front" or facade to a poorly managed care facility with little knowledge of memory care. Despite their statements to the contrary, the facility is perpetually understaffed AND the caregivers are not versed nor trained in true memory care or dementia disease management. This severe shortcoming is a reflection of the leadership's incompetence. I have personally heard, witnessed and been an active participant in conversations with "leadership" that lack professionalism and are in direct violation of a patient's rights. This organization's lack of accountability is squeezing the life out of families for the next nickel in their coffers. Please find another facility. There are many in the Houston area. Good luck to you and your family. -tg

Would NEVER recommend

Please, please do not consider moving your loved one here until you are certain there has been a complete overhaul of leadership. Leadership has shown time after time that they are not suffciently knowledgable in terms of how to intervene appropriately with symptoms of disease progression, nor are they sensitive to the tremendous grief families are experiencing. It was a nightmare. In another facility now, and blown away by how much stress has been lifted from my loved one and our family- because we are surrounded by competence.

Dear Family Member,
I am available at any time to talk through the concerns you had while having your loved one with us. Without that feedback, I can't address the issues. We are confident that we have the right leadership in place now and will continue to provide quality of care for our residents.
Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

BETTER ASK THIS QUESTION

US Memory Care facility at Louetta Road. Houston, Texas is now about one year old.
Compared to similar facilities in the area, USMC has significantly less to offer residents in the way of physical and mental activities that are so vital to the well being of the residents. Of primary concern, however, has been the totally inadequate (and sometimes non-existent) nursing staff.
One question that should be asked by those looking for a home for their loved one is this:
Will my loved one be told to leave the facility (as many residents have experienced) because USMC could no longer meet their needs? This action on the part of USMC reflects their inability to deal with the changing needs of dementia/Alzheimer's patients. It also underscores the lack of background/education of management to understand the progression of the disease.
All of this leads USMC to demand that certain residents leave their care.

Dear Family member,
I am saddened to hear of your experience with our community in Houston. I would be happy to hear your concerns if you wish to speak with me. At US Memory Care, our residents quality of life and quality of care is number one. Unfortunately there are times when a resident requires a higher level of care than what we are licensed to provide. It's never an easy decision for us when we have to ask someone to leave, but sometimes it's for the best. We do know how difficult it is to move someone who is suffering from Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. We are licensed as an Assisted Living community and do not offer skilled nursing services so when and if the disease progresses and the care goes beyond what we are allowed to provide per the Texas Assisted Living Regulations, we have to ask the family to find another care option that meets those needs.
Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

Exceptional Quality, Loving Care, Beautiful Accommodations

I had heard wonderful things about this community, and I believe it would be a great place for my grandfather, who has Alzheimer's. The building is beautiful, the programming is unique, and I can see that the staff genuinely loves and cares for their residents. They treat the residents as if they are family. I have been nothing but pleased--they have definitely made me feel ease at what has been a very difficult decision and time for my family. We recently visited my husband's grandmother who lives in assisted living in another state, and the difference took my breath away! She doesn't enjoy even a fraction of the comfort and care residents receive at US Memory Care. My only complaint would be--when are they going to open a US Memory Care in Florida?!! Keep up the good work!

Grass is not greener

I read the reviews and I think the family members should be ashamed of themselves. Dementia and Alzheimers is a difficult disease. It is hard to accept that the person suffering from this disease will require more care than an assisted living can offer. My mother has been at this community for 9 months. I will agree, there has been many changes. The COO has not turned a blind eye, she is the one making the changes. In business, this is how it works. Anita is there every day and works long hours. She took my mom for a walk outside just today.

My mother has declined. She requires more care and has become very difficult. The Executive Director and the new nurse had a meeting with the our in house doctor to discuss her care. I listened and I learned and I took the recommendations. It wasn't fair to the other residents that my mother was becoming violent but I had no knowledge on this disease. My mother gets great care at this community. [removed]

Stay away from this sinking ship

Please take the time if you go and tour US Memory Care, that you do so with eyes wide open! Not really sure what their acumen is but it is not for the well being of the residents. Good families ( and yes, there have been several) who have been there for months are getting 30 day eviction notices for behaviors that are in sync with dementia and Alzheimer's, but because it is just easier to kick people out instead of being knowledgable in the disease it is just easier to give them the boot I guess. The COO has turned a blind eye in many people's opinion and the ED, who is rarely there is left to run wild. The facility has become dirty and unacceptable as a place to leave a family member. Caregivers are either leaving on their own or being fired, which leaves fewer care givers to assist residents. Existing families are currently looking for other places before this ship sinks. How does a company who is in the business to take care of human beings with memory care needs, sleep at night with this kind of leadership. Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside.

Hello Leigh,
I am saddened to hear that you feel I have turned a blind eye because I absolutely care about our residents and their welfare. I met with you and your father to discuss your concerns and apologize that you did not agree with the decision that we asked you find a higher level of care for your mother. It is not easy for us to ask residents to leave but sometimes it is necessary to provide them with the best quality of care.

Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer - US Memory Care, LLC

Not the place it used to be

This used to be a wonderful facility, where we felt comfortable in choosing for my mothers care, safety and well being. I can't say enough great things about the caregivers, culinary team, maintenance and activities ladies; they are great and care for these residents. I do however have a serious problem with the director that was brought in April to replace the previous director. There is a serious lack of communication and interest between this director and family members, which is a shame. So many things could be different if an attitude adjustment would be made and a true concern for the residents and family would take priority over "the business". Temp caregivers had been brought in to cover the regular caregivers hours that were cut. There are never enough caregivers and these residents are not familiar with these temps. There have also been days when there wasn't an lvn on duty, but one that they could "call on the phone". Not a good system when things can happen so quickly with dementia/Alzheimer's patients. Please think twice to see if things can get turned around.

First off I would like to say the place is going down faster then a tree that's getting cut down .the ed will walk past you like your not there and you dont exists .if you would get someone that's friendly and that's a people person .she seems as if she don't care .I love the caregivers minus when the one bright lady with the gold get into it with people in front of the other residents .that is something you should work on other then that the place is OK..
REPLACE THE ED AND GET SOMEONE BETTER THAT WILL SPEAK TO YOU WHEN YOU WALK BY !!!!

great staff but they need to clean housr

I must say the staff there are really great and hands on with our parents but when it comes down to certain things it gets brushed under the rug ..in personally feel as if the ed and nurse should be replaced.but that's just me ! My mother loves it there and I wouldn't change a thing but them and the activities director she's a bit to much asst Times

Keep up the good work !!

My wife is a dementia resident at this facility since December 2014.
The location very easy to access and is one of the newest buildings in the area.
I had some serious reservations after a short time with staffing issues. The former Executive Director appeared to be overwhelmed at times trying to have enough adequate coverage for the different neighborhoods.
As in any business, when you have issues that continue without any resolution, changes are made.
The new Executive Director has come in and made some changes that benefit the entire community. She is quickly trying to resolve issues that come up.
I don't know enough about the new Sales Director to make any comments, the Activity Director and Culinary Director continue to do a terrific job.

Right Direction with new ED

[removed] The management team at Vintage is great. The new ED is making wonderful changes. She is upfront and honest. I have known her from a previous community and she has always been in touch with what the families need. The previous ED allowed the staff to run the building. I agree that the company as a whole may not be that great but I love my mom being here at US Memory Care. It's going in the right direction.

tcumings

As the new Chief Operating Officer for US Memory Care, I would love the opportunity to see how we can improve as a company. We are very pleased with our new Executive Director at this community but would like to talk to you about your concerns with the company. - Tami Cumings

USMC Top Level Management Sit Up & Listen!

April 26, 2015. Remains to be seen and I don't really know how to rate them at the moment. Right now I'm torn about USMC Vintage. They fired the Executive Director then another employee and then the Sales Director. We followed the ED and the SD to USMC, so this is quite disheartening. The Sales Director was especially AWESOME!

Dementia and Alzheimer's family members thrive on continuity. We know my mother is stressed because she is picking at her face, hands, and arms again, which she hasn't done in a long time. Leaves big sores that take forever to heal because she won't leave them alone.

I heard that the new Executive Director told a resident's family member that if they don't like something they can move somewhere else. Move a dementia or Alzheimer's person somewhere else? This is hard enough and we've moved our mother once already, and that is not an easy option.

Top level management needs to intervene and meet with family members MINUS the new ED and SD. We're paying their salaries, so we deserve some accountability and communication. We have questions that need to be answered and not by newly employed facility management.

Dear Family Member -
We absolutely understand that change in leadership is difficult but after many family meetings and concerns being brought to my attention, I felt a change was needed with the Executive Director and the Sales & Marketing Director. The current Executive Director and I would be more than willing to meet with you about any of your issues or concerns for your mother. Our residents and families are our number one priority and while you may not always fully understand the reason for staffing change, we have made the changes with our residents best interest in mind.
-Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

This was a great tour. Annette participated with the residents. She really liked the environment.
Great "layout". Activities & resident engagement is good.

They are doing pretty good.

They are doing pretty good. I really like the facility, it's really nice and clean. My mom seems to be very content. I'm glad she is there. She is eating well, and seems to be well cared for.

5 STAR IN ALL REGARDS

MANY FACILITIES THAT DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO NEED ASSISTANCE ARE BELOW WHAT MY STANDSARDS ARE FOR HEALTH CARE. NOT SO WITH USMC. THE FACILITY IS CLEAN, VERY ATTRACTIVE SURROUNDINGS, DESIGNED TO APPEAL TO PEOPLE WITH DEMENTIA, SAFE AND SECURE. THE FOOD IS FIVE STAR. OVER THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS, I HAVE HAD AN OPPORTUINTY TO OBSERVE THE STAFF AND THEIR RELATION TO THE RESIDENTS. I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT THE STAFF THAT I HAVE SEEN ARE CALLED TO THIS PROFESSION. NO ONE MOTIVATED ONLY BY MONEY WOULD BE THAT CARING. THE MEALS ARE VARIED, SERVED HOT, ON TIME AND ARE NUTRITIONAL. RESIDENTS ARE FREQUENTLY MONITORED TO DETERMINE NEEDS. THE TEAM OF NURSES ARE PROFESSIONAL, ATTENTIVE TO CARE GIVER CONCERNS AND KEEP THE CARE GIVER AWARE OF ANY MEDICAL NEEDS. THIS ALL SPEAKS TO AN OUTSTANDING MANAGEMENT.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community, and we really liked what we saw here! I really like the way the community was set up, each level of care has its own neighborhood, and there is a main street area with all sorts of activities and arts and crafts shops set up. We got to try out some of the activities while we were there, as well as have a meal, and my loved one really seemed to enjoy it! The staff that we spoke with were all very friendly and informative, and they let us know we were welcome to come back and try as many activities as we liked while we were making our decision. I also liked that they offered respite care as well as day care.

A very nice place

This was one of the two communities that we looked at. It was very nice, and it was a toss up between the two. They were very comparable. Both clean, with a friendly staff. Both seemed to have good food and activities. In the end it came down to the fact that the other facility offered us a reduction in price, and helped to work out whether or not we would be able to afford it long term, and that was extremely helpful.

I really liked the idea the...

I really liked the idea they have to place residents in neighborhoods according to their level of dementia care. Each neighborhood is equipped with it's own dining room, kitchen, tv/living room, medicine room, and chart room. I also like that most of the rooms open up to a hall that has openings where they can see other people are in the kitchen or living room. My mom does not like to be lost or alone. The draw back for us was the age of this facility. It is brand new and the corporation is fairly new to memory care. The people working there are trained in memory care, but as of the time we visited there were only 13 residents. It just opened about a month ago and I am a little hesitant. Still under consideration.

Memory loss. Cognitive decline. Dementia. Alzheimer’s.

These are some of the most difficult challenges our elders and their families can face. The onset of Alzheimer’s brings a shift in relationships as adult children become responsible for the care of their mother, father or both. You may struggle to find enough time to meet the new demands of looking after your loved one while running your own busy life. As dementia advances, parents lose the ability to reason, problem solve and ultimately stay out of harm’s way.

You simply cannot be there and
be all things at all times.

But there is hope. Knowledgeable, experienced and compassionate help is at hand. U.S. Memory Care communities can transform your relationship with your loved one. By removing the demands of caregiving, U.S. Memory Care offers the rarest of gifts: stress-free time to simply love.

Our communities

The beauty of our communities is how much they feel like home. Designed specifically for the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia residents, our communities offer every essential to ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of our residents.
Our three neighborhoods come together around our centralized “Main Street” that offers amenities and entertainment such as a movie theater, hobby room, sweet shop, beauty salon, music hall and access to different types of doctors, dental and lab services. The main street is where friends and family gather to visit and share in events that support the mind, body and spirit of all who join in.

Our communities offer:

• Professional and caring associates that are ready to serve 24/7
• Highly experienced nurses oversee all care
• 24/7 pharmacy access
• A visiting doctor program
• Beautiful outdoor garden spaces
• Multi-layered security network
• Delicious and nutritious meals and snacks
• Senior Day-Stay and respite stay programs
• Individualized activities that promote cognitive function and nurtures the body and spirit