Silverado Cypresswood - Houston, TX

Had my mother here for 4 years until I moved to Ohio. Caring staff and administrators and a lot of activities both at the location and off-site. A lot of trips for lunch or ice cream. Wish there was one in Dayton.

Good facility but communication is lacking

This facility is nice and the people who work here are really good. The community is run quite well but communication is key and they are lacking. The staff has stepped up to the plate when other facilities turned my loved one down due to her circumstances. Unfortunately, I will be removing my loved one from this community. The care and services she has been receiving haven’t been completely aligned with how things should have been. The staff was supposed to set up certain care plans and that was swept to the side. I feel like things could have been handled better in my situation. I would recommend this facility to other families but I do caution you.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates. With more than 20 years of memory care expertise, we take pride in being a leader in our field. We appreciate your additional feedback so we can improve upon our care and services.

Money Money Money

I would not have even given it half a star but had to add a review. If you have plenty of money to spend and don't mind being overcharged for services you may not be getting then this is the place for you. If I had a choice my relative would have been removed from this place.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, master’s prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members. We would like the opportunity to discuss any concerns with you firsthand. Please reach out to Silverado Cypresswood Administrator Justin Roth at [removed] at your earliest convenience

Respite Care

My wife stayed here while I was in the hospital and rehab for hip surgery. From what I understand she did well there and enjoyed herself. I believe she liked the food. She was well taken care of by the staff who was friendly and very kind. She is now home and things are slowly returning back to normal

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for sharing your Silverado experience. We're glad to hear your wife enjoyed her respite stay. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to serve food that is both appealing and nutritious. Thank you for recognizing our team and the amazing care they provide! We hope to be a trusted resource for you and your wife in the future.

Very impressive. They offered more in the way of being a community in any other facility that I have visited. Everyone was cheerful and relaxed.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback. We hope to serve as a trusted resource for you and your family.

This community worked for us!

This community is pet friendly and they have community/resident dogs that are allowed to wander around. They have an enclosed area ( larger than a birdcage) filled with small birds and doves and watching them is relaxing for my Mom. For the animal lover, this is the reason I chose this community as it provides a great distraction when faced with anxiety or confusion. To have an animal come up and lick her hand, just seems to calm her down. They do encourage her to participate in daily activities but do not force her to. Their food has been good, Mom has kept on her weight and dessert is always available, as Mom loves her desserts. Care-givers have been wonderful to Mom. I would recommend this community but I would make sure you iron out what you expect from them up front.

Silverado Representative

Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thank you for your comment!

No other better place....

My mother has been in 18 different facilities and this one is BY FAR the best. Our only regret is that we didn't know of it sooner. Their philosophy is kind, gentle and loving, unlike any other place. My husband wants to live there now!

Silverado Representative

Dmuchmore, thank you for sharing your comments. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thanks again for your positive feedback!

Going well, very friendly.

Things are going well since started this at home care for my mother. They are very friendly.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family!

Great place!

We are very pleased with how things have turned out at Silverado Cypresswood, they do an incredible job! The staff here is caring, family oriented, and they're so on top of everything! The place is always clean, and they've got a great staff to resident ratio so everyone gets plenty of attention. They've got all sorts of programs and ammenities, and even a community pet. I highly recommend them!

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you and your family had a positive experience. Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide! As always, the continue to be committed to providing life-enriching care to all of those we serve.

AN AMAZING PLACE AND GROUP OF PEOPLE!!

What a wonderful and welcome experience we had from the minute we arrived!!! Having had my mother in another nearby facility, we are so much more knowledgable of what was important in a care facility!!! There will never be the perfect utopia, but the team at Silverado goes above and beyond in helping with any problem and solves it. A HUGE shout out to Chris, Melissa, Gigi, Lesly and the entire staff. All of the people working for this company reach out with a genuine desire to assist. Yes, Silverado is slightly more expensive than what we were paying in the same area, but please look at what all of that includes; well worth not needing to keep up with ordering supplies, etc... We love the care that is taken with the nursing staff! This team of men and women are open and available to help and answer your questions. If you are frustrated with where your family member is currently and not thrilled about them being sat in front of a tv all the time, you will be amazed at the constant attention that Silverado gives to keep their residents mentally and physically stimulated! I urge you to go visit and see what ALL you get for the cost, as peace of mind and safety is priceless!!!

Silverado Representative

Leigh Ann, we are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience at Silverado Cypresswood. Thank you for recognizing so many of our Silverado associates and the amazing care that they provide. As always, our associates continue to be fully committed to providing the best care for your loved one!

Excellent Care, Fantastic staff!

My aunt was a resident of Silverado, she was well cared for by the staff and administrators at silverado. They offer excellent care, engaging activities and programs targeted for memory care and slowing the progression of dementia/alzheimers. I very highly recommend speaking with them if you are faced with finding care for your loved one. Ask for Georgina, she will walk you through the entire community, programs, support for families and answer any and all questions you have.

Silverado Representative

Mrs. Cedillo, thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. As always, we continue to be fully committed to being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve. We agree, Georgina is amazing!

Beautiful Facility, Sloppy Care

The feeling when we walked in was warm and alive and fun. We were sure it was a wonderful place.
The trouble started immediately. There is very little accountability among the workers, their reporting was inaccurate about the care they had given (ex. "I shaved him this morning" but he had 2 days growth of beard). They allowed my loved one to have extreme diarrhea for 8 days. I had to take him to an ER myself. He was dehydrated and received an anti-diarrheal. Each day, my loved one had a new bruise or something swelled and they had no explanation. The room design does not allow the resident to see the bathroom (it's on a hall), so in confusion, they have accidents. One resident was allowed to nap on the couch for over an hour in his own urine, very visible, soaking the couch and him. They laugh about the MANY things that will get lost or damaged, sometimes valuable things (dentures, hearing aids). They do not have successful systems in place to account for those things. The resident will have to replace them at their own cost. Basically very low standards of care are acceptable there.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We regret that your personal experience did not match up to the standards of care and clinical excellence experienced daily by our residents and their families. We take all feedback seriously and would love to have an opportunity to address your concerns directly. We encourage you to reach out directly to our Silverado Cypresswood Administrator, Chris Holland, at [removed].

At first they were very good.

At first they were very good. It's very expensive, though. I don't know how anyone could afford it. They don't allow you to hire outside help for caregivers. They changed who was in charge, and she came in and didn't want anyone to work more than two days. We didn't have the same caregivers anymore. I told them we needed someone walk with my loved one or he would fall. They didn't and he fell. Then it took three days to x-ray the correct spot. It's a totally different experience with children and pets around, it's a very different place. The food would be about a three. If you don't need the physical care, and you can afford it, then it's a nice place. But if you need to be closely watched, I don't think it works.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously. We want you to know that the safety and wellbeing of each resident is our top priority. Also, that our culinary team works with dietitians to accommodate individual dietary needs. If you are open to it, we would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly with you.

Small Space

It was a different kind of environment. We weren't ready for my parents to go from 2500sq ft to 500sq ft. We could see how the could adjust from such a big space.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for your comments! We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. We hope to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

Very nice, but not right for them

It was very nice, but it was also very expensive, I think it was several thousand more. We didn't see anything that justified it for us; my mother and father in law were comfortable but they didn't have a big house with nice furniture, so I think if somebody was accustomed to a luxurious lifestyle it would be more fitting for them.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to visit Silverado Cypresswood. We take are glad that you had a positive experience.

Tour went well. I liked ha...

Tour went well. I liked having 4 wings of patient care with the ability of the patients to visit in each area. Also liked having the patients with more advanced stages of dementia a bit separated from the low and moderate levels of patients. Less depressing. Needed day care with opportunity to move there with more care or have nursing care come to house. New paint and carpet really makes the place look great. This is top on our list right now.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Cypresswood community. We are glad you had the chance to experience the Silverado difference.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.