AutumnGrove Cottage in Champions - Spring, TX

AutumnGrove Cottage Champions has such a wonderful sense of family among the residents and staff. The cheery atmosphere keeps smiles on the faces of the residents when doing activities, riding bicycles in the greenbelt or working in the garden. The garden at this cottage produces vegetables that are used at lunch and dinner!

AutumnGrove Cottage is a sixteen bedroom, private-pay, assisted living home specializing in care for senior adults with Alzheimer's disease and other dementia-related illnesses. AutumnGrove Cottage offers the smoothest transition from one's own home to a home that offers assistance with the activities of daily living. We make it possible for residents to enjoy the benefits of 24/7 care in a familiar, homelike environment.

AutumnGrove Cottage is to the assisted living industry what a bed and breakfast is to the hotel industry. It is smaller, more "home-like" in design and appearance. With only sixteen residents, the staff, residents and families get to know each other in a very personal and intimate way.

Great Care

I wish I had known about AutumnGrove when I was choosing care for my parents before they passed. I volunteer at the Champions cottage from time to time and wanted to pass on my thoughts. The cottage is a warm home setting with caregivers who care. Low turnover makes all the difference. Some of the ladies have been there since the place opened. From what I have seen the menu seems pretty variable and the ladies who cook try to add their special touch. I know they strive to meet the preferences of residents who are a bit more picky. The manager is a LVN and she seems to take an active interest in the health of residents. Big plus in my book. I would have liked to have someone keeping an eye on my parents to catch health issues with my early on instead of having to be the one to push it with the nurses and doctors after the fact. Another review mentioned high price which I can't speak to but a key thing to look at is the price all in for everything or is there a base price with add-ons as care level increases? Bottom line if my parents were still alive and needed this type of care this place would be on top of my list.

needs a lot of improvement

This Autumn Grove serves pre-fab Walmart food, with few fresh additions, in order to save money even though the costs of the facility are high. The activities must mostly be done by volunteers or the caregivers, which means there is little diversity of late, and takes away from caregivers' ability to focus on resident needs. The facility is clean but some details of cleanliness are lacking, such as cheap paper towels and toilet paper in bathrooms, neglected corners, rooms not well cleaned every day.... The caregivers are wonderful, though the manager leaves a lot to be desired.

Excellent Care for Memory Care

My father has been at the Cottage for nearly 1 month and is doing so well. He is in great spirits and loves the place. The staff is excellent and the care is top notch. I highly recommend this place and these care givers!