Bickford of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL

Home-style environment

I love Bickford for its home-style environment, small resident size and professional staff. Mom attends activities with the caregiver's assistance, however, does not remember what she has done when asked later.

Staff could use better communication!!

My wife has recently made the move into this community but is currently in the hospital due to health reasons for a short period of time. I am a little disappointed in the staff right now as it is impossible for me to communicate with them. Every day when I call I seem to get the run around and passed around instead of the answers that I need for my wife to return.

Nice experience in her last days.

The staff at Bickford made my loved one feel very comfortable in her last days while she was there. Everything went very well.

Other Communities Couldn't Compare

We toured a few communities but none of them gave us the feeling that this one did. The community just gives off a feeling that your family there. The staff and residents seem generally happy and they enjoy each other. They offer a lot of activities to do. The food seems ok mom is not a big eater anyway so it would be hard to judge.

Smaller community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my father. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to accommodate our needs during our visit. The facility was a lot smaller then a lot of them I had looked at but the only problem was they did not have respite available in the memory care unit.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she moved into this community. The staff are friendly and attentive to her needs as well as comforting. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Good Tour of This Community

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked nice. Everything looked well-kept. The staff I met was nice, and friendly. Everyone was kind to my family, and myself. It was a good experience, but it wasn't the one for my mother, and her needs.

Still adjusting...

My mother is still adjusting to all of the changes. The Bickford of Crystal Lake has been wonderful, I do not live in the same state but over the phone, they sound like they're caring and taking care of my mother.

So far All is Well

This is a nice community, and so far my mother is doing well since her move here. She is safe, and receiving good care. They have good staff at this facility. I know she is in good hands. So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother at this community.

Very nice active community!

The community at Bickford of Crystal Lake is wonderful. The community offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. They offer activities for the families of residents to partake with their loved ones. They encourage family gatherings and invite families to join in. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and accommodating. They were kind enough to offer us a meal when we took the tour.

A Great Place to Live and Visit!

My sister and I are extremely happy with Bickford of Crystal Lake, IL. This is a community in the truest sense of the word. Our Mother has been thriving in this environment, and we would highly recommend this community to anyone who has a family member in need of memory care assistance. We really are fortunate, and we were most impressed at how quickly Bickford made room for our Mother who was briefly in a not very satisfactory place. They sensed our urgency in getting her relocated and took the ball and ran with it. Special cudos to Debbie and Flavia in making that happen so quickly. And huge thanks to the nurses and regular staff members who are so caring and attentive to our Mother's special needs. We are so happy to welcome the new year 2016, knowing that our Mom is getting the best care possible!

Very good

The only reason we chose another community was that there was just more light at the other one, but this one was also very nice, very good. It was lovely, very lovely, but just a little less like home, but we really liked this community.

Sharon was very informative and perso...

Sharon was very informative and personable. Answered questions easily, involved other staff with tour, excellent room sizes and configurations, both in assisted living as well as memory care area. Discussed fees, med dispensing, nursing staff availability, activities, safety, dining, other residents and more. This facility is #2 on my final list

Visited Bickford on a drop in visit a...

Visited Bickford on a drop in visit and met with director. Place seemed very nice, no smells except syrup, clean, lots of sitting areas with couches. Presented itself as a "home" environment not hospital like. Dresses all patients and has them up and about. Memory care unit Ratio of 1:7 staff. full nurse on staff. Happy CNAs. 14 units for memory care. Like a family. Monthly fee is $5300+ - $6190 Level one or two rates. Does NOT provide any furniture..even a bed.

Very nice. Rooms have limited space f...

Very nice. Rooms have limited space for Mom's belongings and clothing. Public lounge spaces are limited, but perhaps enough. Very family-like feel. Could deal with dog, but did not get into extra charges associated with the dog. Good location. A lot of social activities. Subsequent to tour, Social Director followed up- good conversation. Invited us over for a picnic.

It was a nice place but I wouldn't ca...

It was a nice place but I wouldn't call it fantastic.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services