Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL

Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL has yet not published prices.

At Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake, Illinois, memory care is all we do. Our exclusive focus is on providing the best, research-based assisted living memory care for people with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.

Every employee at Autumn Leaves is trained in memory care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

All Autumn Leaves assisted living communities are family-owned and –operated. We strive to provide to our residents the same exceptional memory care we would want for our own family members.

As our numerous industry awards attest, Autumn Leaves is a recognized leader in the field of dementia care. We’ve been recognized as one of the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

We make each day count at Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake, with our biography-based So Much More™ programming. Our team begins with each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and fills his or her day with personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Each resident’s meals are also personalized according to his or her preferences. Our culinary staff is trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of Arlington. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

Our assisted living community is carefully designed with our residents in mind. Abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features create an environment that’s safe, secure, and calming for our residents.

A visit is essential to truly appreciate our assisted living community and the way we serve our residents. Call us today for a tour of Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake. We’d love to show you how we’re providing exceptional care to those living with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Very Happy Family

I’m a family member of a new resident,
My search began in 2016 looking for a home for my wife. I visited many locations. My search ended the day I stepped into Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake. I met [Removed] from sales that day. But that visit was not about sales. It was about the care for my wife that was explained to me on what they could provide. Then we toured the facility where I met [Removed]. Both of them took time to talk with me. Where other visits this did not happen.
I had a service help me with my finding a home so I didn’t have to take notes. All I did was observe the employees and facilities. I was amazed at the care for the residents that was given out. The happy employees were everywhere. That day I went home and knew where I wanted to place my wife for her care.
Today three months later and I’m amazed at the change in her. She is more talkative, active now, then what she was doing at home. The employees give her the time of day when asked. No door is closed. I know she is slowly slipping away from us. However I cannot ask for any more wonderful and caring place for her to be at.
To [Removed] and the entire staff at Autumn Leaves Crystal Lake, my family wants to thank you for the love you give my wife. Your family is our family. You said that in the beginning and you showed me the truth.
[Removed]

Judy Brown

Thank you, Mr. Mueller, for your very kind comments. We are so pleased that you noticed our staff. They are truly the backbone of our communities. Our Life Engagement program is designed to offer personalized memory care activities for every resident. Much education goes selecting and preparing nutritious, tasty meals and we search for caregivers who are genuinely compassionate and loving to our residents.

We're so happy that you and your wife are a part of the Autumn Leaves family!

Clean Facility!!

I had a nice experience with my tour at this community that I had taken for my mother. The staff where very professional and made sure to be on time to our appointment. They answered any questions we had for them and provided us with lots of great information. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your comment.

Best choice I made for my mother's care

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake. My mother has resided at the memory care facility for the past three years and I am grateful everyday for their exceptional care. The staff is very caring and attentive to every resident, assisting whenever needed. Activities are provided on a regular basis. I feel welcome whenever I visit my mom. As my mother’s dementia progresses, the Autumn Leaves staff and the nurses are always informing me of what needs to be done to continue her treatment. Their communication with family is wonderful, helpful and always knowledgeable. The facility is beautiful and makes residents and their family feel like they are home.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know having to make decisions around an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be difficult. Our staff members are genuinely compassionate and focused on helping during the transition to our community. We're so happy to add you and your Momto the Autumn Leaves family!

Taking Good Care of My Dad

This is a nice community, and they are taking very good care of my father, and his needs. He is still adjusting to the routine around the community, but I know he is safe, and in good hands. They have activities offered for the residents. The meals are good, he is satisfied with the food. They specialize in the treating people with his condition. If someone had similar needs to my father, I recommend this community to them.

Judy Brown

I would recommend this community for memory care residents

Mom stayed here while she was recovering and needed some extra time before returning to her community. The staff were excellent. Mom did not like the food, however since she was in the memory care they did not offer a large variety of options. They offered a lot of activities and encouraged the residents to socialize. They have a central courtyard in this lockdown unit for the residents to get out and enjoy.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Very nice community. Just not sure if we will need it yet.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Autumn Leaves is a wonderful place!!

We did look at a few communities and I know we made the right decision to go with Autumn Leaves as it was the highest of the pack. The community offers memory care and although a lot of the staff is young they are well trained and often change jobs within the community to keep them from getting bored. My husband has been doing better since moving in and is happy with the food and most of the staff. They offer many activities and although he is not able to participate in the activities that require concentration there are other ones he does participate in. The new activities director is great and the residents respond well to her. I would recommend this community to anyone looking for memory care.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments. We're so pleased you and your husband are having such a pleasant experience. Our staff is committed to creating a loving, supportive environment for all of our residents.

Review of Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL

I didnt think the concept of grouping all levels together was a good fit for my dad since he is higher functioning. The staff was great and facility was very nice

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community. We're glad you noticed our caring staff. We work hard to find caregivers who are genuinely compassionate and caring.

Review of Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL

I like Autumn Leaves because the facility is all memory care. I feel that this is a plus for the patients. I also liked the way it was presented, taking into consideration that it really is a difficult decision to make by a loved one.

Review of Autumn Leaves in Crystal Lake, IL

I find the staff efficient and caring for my wife. The center is definitely run by excellent staff. The food is good and the building is well-maintained.

Review of Autumn Leaves in Crystal Lake, IL

Staff treats residents with dignity, compassion, and patience. Residence is very clean and well-maintained. Very responsive to family's concerns.

Judy Brown

Things are going great over here.

Things are going great over here. We don't have any major complaints, and I would give them a five.

Care of my Wife

My wife is at Autumn Leaves. I'm very satisified with the care she is receiving at the Crystal Lake Facality . If I encounter any problems, the staff is quick to resolve any situtation.

Everything is good.

Everything is good. It's a really nice place. It's clean, and the staff is real nice. The food is good. It's a little more expensive, but the quality is good. I am very happy with them, and I hope she doesn't have to move for a long time.

An Evening Dinner at Autumn Leaves

Well planned out. There was enough seating for everyone . The food was excellent also we had the opportunity to share desert with our loved ones. That made it real nice for us to end the evening. I totally enjoyed the event and look forward to the next one.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your thoughts on our community event. We put a lot of thought into each unique event and we’re happy that you noticed.

My observations after 21 months at Autumn Leaves

Well managed, well staffed, clean, efficient and friendly. Something that money can't buy is a true, genuine concern for the residents . . not at ANY price. I'm speaking of compassion that only comes out of a sincere respect for one's fellow human beings.

The staff at Autumn Leaves exhibits that genuine caring. They are always patient and kind with the people they serve, yet they can handle difficult situations with ease and professionalism.

Autumn Leaves seems to be singularly focused on providing the absolute best care available for individuals in need of such assistance.

Judy Brown

We want you to know that we are grateful that you entrusted your loved one with us and that it was a positive experience.

"So Much More To Savor" , a great evening of fun, family, & friends.

My first experience with Autumn Leaves was meeting Diane Reier. She is professional, warm, and has a genuine passion for Autumn Leaves and her role in the service of the people that live and work there.

The "So Much More To Savor" event was beautiful and fun. I particularly enjoyed interacting with the residents in the memory care center during the event. Seeing residents dancing to the live music and enjoying the delicious food that was offered by Chef Steve Martin and his competent staff was heartwarming and a totally enjoyable experience.

I would unhesitatingly recommend Autumn Leaves to anyone requesting information about memory care communities for a loved one.

Autumn Leaves

My mother was brought to Autumn Leaves in August of 2014 after carbon monoxide poisoning accelerated her dementia. We have been very happy with the care she is receiving at Autumn Leaves from the top down. The administrators are very accessible and the caregivers are compassionate and treat my mom with dignity. An added plus is the food is great and always offered on visits with my mom.

Thankful for Autumn Leaves

I cannot express how much of a blessing Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake has been to my mother and our family. Everyone there genuinely cares for my mothers health and well-being and has put our minds at ease knowing she is being cared for and is safe. They keep her occupied with many activities and happy on a daily basis even when she can be a challenge. After much research we are so pleased we were able to find a wonderful memory care facility that reflected my mother's spirit.

excellent

The nursing staff is excellent! The CNA care givers are also excellent. It is a beautiful place at Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake and my mom is very happy there.

Judy Brown

We came for a respite stay, we loved it and it was great.

We came for a respite stay, we loved it and it was great. There were a few problems in the beginning, but I spoke with the director of nursing, Jody, and she took care of it right away. They handled everything really well, and right away. The place is beautiful and the rooms are beautiful, and it's all open. The food was excellent. I would bring her back for respite care again, no problem.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

needed more care than they could provide

My husband is in the late stages pf Parkinsons Alzheimers. They said they would be able to take really great care of him, but within a few weeks he was dehydrated and in the hospital. He ended up having to go to the hospital, and afterwards I could not take him back there. I never saw anyone encouraging him to drink water and do other things needed to care for his condition. He needed more care than they could provide.

I left there feeling like they just wanted to get the sale, and not really deliver on the care. It might be a good place for someone who is more independent, but it was not a good place for my husband.

A wonderful new home for Mom

When we toured Autumn leaves we gave it the sniff test. Although the facility has been there more than five years, there were no unpleasant odors. We have seen staff quickly clean where cleaning is needed. As we toured we met staff members who greeted us and told us what their duties included. It soon became apparent that, as it is in many families, everyone does a bit of everything. The staff assisted us in preparing for my Mother's move from a warm weather climate to Autumn Leaves. I doubt that her move would have been so smooth without their assistance and expertise. They participated in the move as well as providing us with materials suggesting what toiletries she would need as well as what clothing she would need. Her room was decorated (paint, etc.) and ready for her to move in. My Mother arrived at Autumn Leaves the day before the Thanksgiving celebration. She enjoyed the 'family'-style preparations for the big day; she called my attention to the theme decorations which she saw. We both enjoyed the buffet dinner that evening - turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, salad, rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies. Outstanding Thanksgiving fare. She has been sleeping well, eating well, and participating in the various activities. I like that staff encourages her to participate, even if it is as a spectator. She is encouraged to remain up and about during the day. She has met many of the residents already. One day when we arrived, she was sitting in a comfortable arm chair, instead of her wheel chair, talking with several of the ladies. We didn't expect such a change so quickly but have been pleased to see it. Mother has been pleased with her interactions with the staff. They are quick to recognize her needs and respond to those needs quickly. The staff has been helpful to us by letting us know her needs. She lived in the warm weather climate over twenty-five years so our first job was to shop for warmer clothes. The staff lets us know when her toiletries and other personal items need to be replenished. Even after the contract was signed, and a week has passed, the staff remain friendly and caring. The staff has exceeded expectations in all areas of Mom's care. We are grateful for all they do to help Mom feel comfortable and at home in her new home.

Best Care For Mom & Dad.

When mom & dad both developed memory loss / dementia at the same time, we were suddenly faced with the challenge of how to care for them. We evaluated many care facilities in the area, but felt Autumn Leaves was the only one totally devoted to memory care. Our experience with Autumn Leaves over the past year and a half has been very rewarding. While any facility can provide for the necessities, Autumn Leaves management and staff exhibit real human warmth and compassion when caring for their residents. We have visited at all times of the day and night, unannounced, and the care has always been consistently good. It is also reassuring to know that there is a nurse present 24/7 should the need arise. There is real peace of mind knowing our parents are in a clean, safe home-like environment and are being well cared for.

Autumn Leaves' Special Environment

My spouse is much happier in this special environment than in the rehab/nursing center where 2 mos. were spent. The rooms are much more spacious and even provide more privacy in a semi-private room. Facilities for watching TV and activities as well as dining are more plentiful and comfortable. Th e caregivers toilet residents every few hours to prevent accidents and to prevent them from having to sit in soiled Depends for lengthy periods. Showers are more frequent -- 3xweek versus 1xweek, so cleanliness and hygiene is better. Rates are comparable to other facillities. They have a great interface with Heartland Hospice. They also offer free seminars and support group meetings for friends and family of residents to help them deal with, understand and otherwise live with the dementia diagnosis of a loved one. And allow the caregiver/s respite from this difficult job.

Clean but choose a different place

Yes, it's clean, but that's only what it has going for them. If you are looking to put your parent(s) into a locked hotel, than this is your place. They honestly do not have what it takes to be what they are selling. Not enough staff. A lot of staff in offices. Not enough staff that are not in offices, but if that's what you're looking for this is it.

Be smart and really choose a different place!

Judy Brown

I’d like to apologize for your disappointing experience while visiting our community. We have already contacted the staff in Crystal Lake and are taking immediate steps to review the issues you raised.

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your dissatisfaction, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have been in business for more than 14 years and strive to provide the highest quality care for our residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

Everything is going well at Autumn Le...

Everything is going well at Autumn Leaves. I'm satisfied with the services, care provided, friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness of the facility. So far so good. The staff is very accommodating.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comments about our community. We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Disgusted

I always see caregivers and staff on their phones and preoccupied with their own lives. The conversations are not professional and not something I would expect my mom to enjoy listening to. I know my mom can still understand what is said to her just not communicate back.

Great community!

They've done a fantastic job here so far! It's a great place, I'd give them top marks across the board. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly! They do a particularly great job keeping families up to date on how their loved one is doing. I've also had a chance to try the food, which I liked! We toured quite a few communities, but after seeing this one first the rest paled in comparison!

Judy Brown

Thank you for complementing our community. Our design focuses on the specific needs of our residents. Every choice, from colors to building design, is made with their needs in mind. Our entire staff takes pride in how Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake looks and feels when you walk in. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

It's been great so far.

It's been great so far. The staff is friendly, and it's clean. They are responsive and attentive, and they have plenty of activities. The food is great. When we were touring, we really liked Carol the director of sales and marketing, she was very warm and sincere. The ambiance was another big factor for us. Those things helped us know that we had found the right place for us.

Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills

My mother seems so much happier then she was before we moved her in to Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills and she only been there less week. The staff has same caring altitude that one would expect from a family member. An excellent choice when the time come to make a hard choice.

Judy Brown

Capable, courteous, kind, professiona...

Capable, courteous, kind, professional personnel are the key to this well managed and well operated facility, which is also very clean.

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Very pleased with our autumn Leaves e...

Very pleased with our autumn Leaves experience. Staff is friendly, attentive and responsive to residents "needs". Their focus is on memory care, and they do a great job of it. They are always polite and respectful toward residents. I would highly recommend them for memory care.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your nice words. We go to great lengths to hire and train the best staff in the business.

Great place for my Father-in-law.

Great place for my Father-in-law.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this nice comment.

My husband has been in Autumn Leaves ...

My husband has been in Autumn Leaves since March 2013. The care is excellent. Jim is happy and so am I. I see the CNA's and others showing "love", voices are always calm, reassurance immediate. Food is better than above good. The facilities are clean, activities area available, but Jim doesn't participate. Special events (Father's Day) are outstanding. I thank God everyday for Autumn Leaves at Crystal Lake.

Judy Brown

“We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.”

Moving my Mom here has been a blessing

Moving my mom here has been a blessing. My wife was told about Autumn Leaves by a friend. The reception we received and the help and comfort that was felt, told us this was the right choice. I guess more than anything it is a feeling of family that I love so much. We have felt a closeness with everyone there that has made this transaction so wonderful.
Every employee there from the highest to the lowest level shows a love for what they are doing. It takes special people to do the work they do. We so appreciate seeing the attention that is give to each and every resident. We visit on a daily basis and we see how hard everyone works and takes care of each persons needs.
The various activities they have for everyone is outstanding. I love the way they try to get everyone to participate in some type of activity, whether it be baking cookies, playing bingo or doing art projects, etc.
It has made it easy for us to that all concerns are under one roof. We don't need to worry about mom's medications, seeing a doctor, her general hygiene and the interaction with people.
The caregivers are great, the management is great, the cooks are great! What more can we say? Mom has been given a quality of life that every person should have at the end of their lives.
They also hold seminars about Alzheimer's that have been a huge help. We want to thank every single person that is working at this residence. We will be forever grateful that places like this are being built for the future. We recommend this for everyone at this stage of their lives.

We recommend this for everyone

Judy Brown

Wow, thank you very much for your kind words. We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

I want to move there myself.

Making the decision to leave your dad in someone else's care was a very difficult one for us to make, even if it was just a day care situation. We received a number of places to visit, and the first place we went to, was Autumn Leaves in Crystal Lake. We walked into the "facility", and I wish there was another word to use, because it was like walking into a comfortable living room. Soft lighting, soft music, soft sofas and kind hearted people greeted us. My dad felt at home from that very minute and the decision was made. We never visited any other options; Autumn Leaves was the place we trusted to take care of our dad. My sister left there saying "I felt nothing but positive energy" and I wanted to move there myself. Living with someone with Alzheimer's is a true testament of love, patience and understanding, but we also have to think about the caregiver, in this case, our mother. The daycare that Autumn Leaves provides for my dad gives my mom the time that she needs to recharge her own life. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at "Leaves" that loves our dad as much as we do.

I have become a raving fan!

After the experience my father had being in a dementia care facility, we did not want to do that again. It was a horrible experience for him and for us. We knew we needed to find other alternatives.
After looking around and not finding much different, we came across Autumn Leaves in Crystal Lake. We noticed that it looked more like our living room than a dementia care facility. After insisting my family see it we found that they had a room and were able to welcome her.
Since then my impression has only improved. I have yet to see a staff member that isn't exhibiting a first class concern for every resident. My mom can be very stubborn and combative, and is not an easy person to care for. Everyone treats her like a Queen. I teach customer service, as a corporate trainer, I am not easy to impress. They have done a fantastic job finding the right staff personnel and and building, training and investing into them. Their level of excellence would be impressive in any arena but especially when compared to similar facilities. The community itself is safe and secure while making the residents feel comfortable and at home. They have put thoughtful planning, genuine care about the resident's environment, attention to detail, and consistent upkeep into making Autumn Leaves stand above the crowd.
I have become a raving fan! It's quite a relief to find a place that exhibits first class care. Their concern for my mother and our entire family makes this all a little bit easier.

Home for Dad

I toured 5 assisted living facilities searching for a home for my 93 year old father before choosing Autumn Leaves. The facility is very clean, thoughtfully arranged and cheerfully decorated. The staff is professional yet kindhearted, considerate and caring. Each resident is treated like a family member with no concern being too small. One staff member in particular, worked from home on her Saturday off to insure that everything would be in order for my father’s arrival. He has advanced dementia and has now been there a month but will tell you, “Although I have been here only an hour, everyone is very nice.” I would give Autumn Leaves 10 stars if the classification went that high!

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community. We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care.

My sister and I saw this fi...

My sister and I saw this first we where very impressed not only with the staff but the layout of the home. It did set the bar high for the rest of our tours. This may very well be our choice.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Nice Place

This place is very nice! They seem to be doing very well. They are not really the easiest to get ahold of, and most of the time, we reach the answering machine.. but we know that they are busy with other residents. Right now, the location is not ideal, but they are planning on opening a new location closer to home. The food is not restaurant quality, and it's not restaurant style, but it seems okay.

The tour of Autumn Leaves w...

The tour of Autumn Leaves was more than we expected to receive. The staff was wonderful and we knew that it was someplace that we would feel alright with leaving my dad there for day care. My sister summed it up when we got back into the car...'it was such good energy that I felt'. We were given the information needed to start the process of having Dad stay there, as well as, information about Alzheimer's itself. My mom is still coming to grips with the fact that she will be turning over the care of my dad to someone else, even for the day. I think that this visit really eased her anxiety about the situation. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you all after the first of the year.

Higher functioning residents get ignored

We're not really happy specifically with what my grandma is getting, I'm sure for other people the care might be different but she's not as bad off as some of the other people so I think she's getting ignored because there's so many peopel there who require more attention and focus. I don't think she's getting enough care and I don't think the staff is as attentive as the said they would be. We thought it would be such a good fit because she has memory loss and that's where their focus is but she's too high functioning so she kind of falls between the cracks but she still needs queueing and help with her ADLs. We haven't really gotten any headway with them, we're pretty much at the point where we're looking at other places.

Really liked everything they have to ...

Really liked everything they have to offer, but price is higher than others, and the location is not the best, will keep it considered though