Thorncliffe Place Retirement Home - Ottawa, ON

Thorncliffe Place Retirement Home - Ottawa, ON has yet not published prices.

Quaint place perfect for someone that wants family atmosphere whereby they will personally know all of the staff (which all have worked there for years and years) and other residents. My parents really liked the large 1 bedroom with the fireplace in the corner. It was evident that the kitchen staff makes every effort to ensure that each resident has the appropriate meal suitable for their specific dietary needs. When we toured in order to accommodate my mother they had to make something unique just for her. I did note that the drawers in the kitchenette in the room that they showed us had crumbs or other little pieces of things left inside. Unsure whether this is an indication of in house cleaning or simply that the suite had not been fully cleaned since last resident left (which I tend to believe, as there were scrapes on the bathroom door jamb that also needed to be fixed). Otherwise I have no concerns with the cleanliness of the Home.

Had a tour today with [Removed]. I found the facilities to be bright, extremely clean and the residents appeared happy and smiling.

Best overall care

The care given to my mother since her move from Peterborough has been Excellent. We looked into many retirement residences before choosing Thorncliffe Place. It was the best fit for my mother's needs overall. She is very happy and content to be staying here, where she is closer to family.

Change of Lifestyle.

After investigating 6 or 7 places recommended by A Place for Mom, all of which had many good points, I settled on Thorncliffe Place Retirement Home as it had the best combination of accommodation, care and cost to best suit what my mother needs. From going from completely independent to requiring assistance she appears to be quite comfortable in her new location.

Visited yesterday. Small family run home that provides more than other places offer, including laundry, bed rail, even a single bed, will cut the tub to make it a walk in shower at no cost. The staff have been there for years and they know everyone. They have their own chef and cook on site which is important to us. We loved this home! They only have about 65 people. They have two rooms available to choose from depending on whether you want morning or afternoon sun. Our decision now depends on family and whether or not we can get Mom into a Nursing Home.