Billingswood Manor - Ottawa, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Looking forward to a trial stay here.

Vry good option as a seniors residence

We were very impressed with this organization. From the start, you could recognize that residents were more than just "income", they are treated with kindness and compassion. The building is well maintained, bright and cheerful and the repairman is a gem. He treats people with kindness and understands their needs. The value for the price is very good. Activities are scheduled with the intention of making the residents feel good. there are daily activities including live music every Thursday - provided by a different group. It's a pleasure to watch the residents participate.
The food options are good and the chef takes the time to try to make meals that will please the residents. I like that they provide options if the meal offered isn't what the resident wants to eat. I also like that they allow you to take your meals within a window (e.g. breakfast between 7:30 and 9:00) so that people can come eat when they're hungry as opposed to being told to eat at a specific time.

Wonderful place, very clean and everyone we met was very nice. All the residents we spoke to said they loved the place and that everyone was fantastic.

Billingwood Manor

They are very welcoming and they do everything possible to help senior and I agree the staff are good and really do as much as they can, I have no complaint and Andre is really good at helping me with thing, so thank you

Caring, welcoming, safe, secure, affordable

My mum is 92 and had been living with family until a month ago, when she moved into Billingswood. Everything about our experience has exceeded expectations. The staff ansewered all of our questions quickly and completely, and welcomed us to visit after business hours, to accomodate busy schedules. They arranged to have furniture delivered when we could not be there, and accomodating us to prepare mum's room before her arrival. When mum came into the residence for the first time, she was anxious as she sat in the common area waiting to see her new home. Other residents noticed her and gave her a warm welcome - and all of the staff helped make her first night easy and caring. The nursing staff were kind and gentle listeners, and carefully assessed her needs and made adjustments to her meds when a script was missing. They monitor her activities and helped guide her to meals only as needed -= then allowed mum to find her own pace. They have helped her to find a nice group of friends to dine with and enorugage her to walk outside - before the weather makes this difficult. She loved her spa bath - and is doing better mentally and physically than she had been at home. I think she feels safe and cared for now - less anxious about meals and doctors appointments and finances. I know it is difficult to make the decision to move to a new city and into a retirement home, but the people at Billingswood have given my mum a new sense of belonging and she is happy. Our family is so appreciative of the excellent care, the supportive social life and atsmosphere of caring for the residents and the facilites, the excellent food and the attention to all aspects of health and wellbeing - this is home for mum and a relief for all of us. The affordability is important, but the caring is priceless.