Park Place Seniors' Suites & Retirement Residence - Ottawa, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Unfortunately my mother did not fit in on the secure floor.
She is not a wanderer and has only mild dementia. She did not like having to have an escort whenever she wanted to visit the library or hairdresser. The only reason I moved her to Park Place was when she was in the hospital after she neglected to take her meds. As a result she was very confused and I felt like the medical staff were putting me under pressure to move her to a secure floor. Once her medical status was under control, she wanted to move back to her previous residence. That was accomplished recently and she is much happier.

I really like this one. My 85 year old father was with me and he also liked it. This one is a contender for sure, but my sister-in-law wants me to see a few more places.

A well maintained facility with lots to offer. I only saw one suite on this visit but it certainly looked good -- I was told I might be able to see others on a return visit. Staff were friendly, residents seemed content. Once again, a great program of activities is offered, and there is the added benefit of a 'sister' independent-living building where there are some additional activities available there. Finally, it is in a good location for me to visit my mother

Nice Staff!!

I have no complaints about the visit I had at this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions that I had for them. They gave us a great overall tour and had a lot of nice amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the fit for my mother in the end decision.

A happy beginning to a new phase of life

My aunt has only been there for a few days but so far everything has surpassed our expectations. A very friendly staff who have been very welcoming and helpful, and also some very nice residents who have offered to show her around and sit with her during her first few meals. The apartment is cozy and well out-fitted and so far she is very happy there!

Great place with walking near, close to home, good care options, very nice staff, residence seem well cared for. Expensive. Rooms nice but smallish.
10 minute drive, can cycle there
2016: still like it but expensive. Studio at 4500 per month. Need to get a detailed description of the care. Hoyer lift.

It's a nice place. Mom seems to be happy here.

It's a nice place. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Mom seems to be happy here. Sometimes they will over bill, or double bill for something, but when I bring it up they are quick to address it, and get it fixed right away, but something to keep your eye out for. We chose it because we liked the location. So far it's been working out well.

The contact, Mara Eby, was very helpful, and knew her space. I saw a couple of units, and received literature regarding pricing, etc. I even received a follow-up letter, with a luncheon invitation. A nice facility, but perhaps not for my mother.

If you would love to be part of an inviting, warm, family-friendly neighbourhood, and are also looking for an incredible living space with fine-dining and fun activities, then look no further than Park Place, in the heart of Central Park. Central Park offers beautiful neighbourhood parks, Ottawa’s Experimental Farm – a lush oasis of grain-filled fields, barnyard animals, and spectacular gardens, and is just moments away from numerous shopping centres, restaurants, and Ottawa’s downtown core. At Park Place, we guarantee you’ll live an exceptional, social, invigorating life!