The Ravines Seniors' Suites & Retirement Residence- Ottawa, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Really nice building. Near the high side of the budget. Difficult to get an exact price. Doctor fee of $100 /m for record keeping..what other grabs are there? Need to read handouts carefully and get a number for escorting to meals.

I Did Not Like The Tour

I did not like my tour. The woman who took me on the tour did not seem personable and it seemed as if she was just going through the motions of the tour. She also was the on-call help 24/7. This community was not close for me to visit either.

friendly but...

My father had stayed at the ravines for a 2 week stint while recovering from hip replacement surgery in December .
The staff is overall friendly and are very supportive when we have engaged with them.
Unfortunately there are some negatives.
There were 3 instances that my father had to contact the front desk to find out where his meal was. The staff had no excuse why he was missed.I also found the staff were very slow to respond to calls from me inquiring on my fathers care.

To this point, I think it's very, very good.

To this point, I think it's very, very good. They have been very helpful, the staff has been tremendous. They allow you to have your pets with you. They are right on the ravine, and the walking paths are amazing. One of the reasons I chose them is because they have a building connected for assisted living, so we wouldn't have to move again if we needed. The meals here are very good, they have nice variety and it's well prepared.

Lovely building and Kate was excellent. Very modern, clean and upscale.

Beautiful facility, two buildings depending on what kind of care needed. Building missing a room in the 530sq ft- 570sq ft range. Thus one room we saw was a studio (400sq) but it was too small for two people in our opinion. Second was a small one bedroom(500sq) very attractive but it was not on the medical senior assisted side...which is what we are looking for so my parents don't have to move twice as my mother becomes more ill. The larger rooms (+600sq) were out of our price range.

The Ravines Retirement Residence is dedicated to the care and the safety of its seniors. It aims for independent living with assistance at your individualized need. We offer three options, independent living, assisted living, and short term living. Our assisted living option is ideal for those residents needing additional memory care for dementia or Alzheimer’s. 24-hour care and access to health care professionals is available to some of our residents. Top notch security and use of security pendants offers residents peace of mind, no matter the time of day or night.