Travanse Living at Grayslake - Grayslake, IL

Nice community that is in its initial stages of operation. The one drawback is that there is no independent living, only assisted living.

Very nice. New. Unwillingly to really budge with cost. Didn't feel like they were willing to accommodate in any way either.

Very disappointed in this place!!

My dad was at this community for a short respite stay and I am not happy with how thing went for him. The first issue that I had was the staff. They had a ton of temps working in the memory care unit and none of them seemed to know what they where doing. The lady who is in charge of the memory care unit also was clueless when it came to organization. They always seemed to be short handed with not enough staff to care for the residents that they had. I had went to visit him at one point and he smelled horrible and they did not brush his dentures the entire time he was there. Another issue I had is I was looking for my dads wallet at one point and under the couch I had found different pills just left there and that is not right on so many levels. I feel like I was sold on the beauty of the property and not the care that they provide. They did not follow through on anything they promised and I would never recommend it to anyone.

I toured!!

I also toured Traverse Living and it was my second choice. I went back and forth between this place and another community. This place was newer and seemed like it could work but there were not many people there. I was concerned about how she would fit in with a few residence there.

Nice & new but is assisted living only. My mother is more at the independent living stage.

Friendly Staff!!

I had a nice tour of this community and appreciated the staff and there time that they gave to my loved one and I. They where very polite and remained professional during our tour. They had an open floor plan that is easy to navigate through with lots of great amenities to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

My Thought Of The Tour

This is a brand new nice community. This community did not yet have enough staff to care for my mom's needs. The people I met were nice and I think once they are fully staffed it will be a nice community.

She's adapting...

The staff is helping her to participate in activities. They are very understanding and helping her to adjust. She's been know to say she likes the food. We chose Travanse Living because we like their philosophy. They believe that interactions with residents should be personalized because everyone is an individual. They also offer a active environment.

Mom's Care

I am happy for the care that my mom is getting here. The community is brand new and modern. My mom loves her room that is bright. The dining is and the meals are really nice and a good variety of meals. They have someone come in once a week to do her hair and that is something that she truly enjoys. We would recommend this community to others for great care.