The Verandas Assisted Living at Wheat Ridge, - Wheat Ridge, CO

very nice & 'homey'. employ...

very nice & 'homey'. employees seemed happy with their jobs, were good with the residents. I really liked this place, although my daughter did not.

Seemed Nice

It seemed to be very nice. There was a good mix of men and women. It would have been the one we would have chosen if we hadn't seen another one. They had a nice yard. I can't remember whether or not people had free access to it though. I can't remember whether or not they had the doors locked. I don't know how many dementia patients they had either so maybe having the doors locked was necessary.

My mother spent 5 weeks at Verandas b...

My mother spent 5 weeks at Verandas before she was placed in a Hospice facility. She was not happy with the service she received at Verandas. However she was failing quickly when she was admitted and within a week or so needed help dressing herself and eating. Her inability to help herself continued to decline until she left. Verandas was clear that as an Assisted Living Facility their clients had to be able to be more self sufficient than my mom was in order to stay. The facility was clean and rooms were nice and the food good. The owner was also willing to work with us on waving the normal 1 year private pay requirement before we could have a Medicaid bed however we didn't end up needing this.

Nice facilities. Will accept Disable...

Nice facilities. Will accept Disabled also, very homey feeling.

About Us The Verandas offers “board and care” or “family style” assisted living. Unlike “apartment style” assisted living, board and care can offer round the clock personal care.

Folks who stay at The Verandas are typically able to make their own transfers, assist in their own dressing, enjoy conversation with their housemates and caregivers and participate in entertainment and activities selected in accordance with their abilities and interests.

Most visitors to The Verandas first comment is, “Oh my gosh; this is just like home! " And once their loved one has become a resident, we hear about the peace of mind they have now that their parent is in a home-like environment with the security of 24-hour staff. We strive to keep it a home like environment right down to selecting caregivers who have the biggest hearts in Denver. They practically adopt the residents!

Meals and activities compete for the most important consideration of the day and so we invite you to take a look at our calendar page for some sample menus and activities.

Call us today to learn more about the services The Verandas Assisted Living at Wheat Ridge Inc. provides. We offer assessments and consultations at no charge!