Applewood Place - Lakewood, CO

Applewood Place - Lakewood, CO has yet not published prices.

Clean and stimulating environment

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. I absolutely loved this place and it is nicely put together. The marketing director who gave me the tour was friendly and outgoing. She was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed the tour. However, we didn’t pick this community because it is more expensive than other places and they came unfurnished.

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

This is my home and I am very content here!

Our people that work here are wonderful! They are the greatest!

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

Love the food & activities. People are nice & friendly.

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

Friendly, food is good. Caregivers are professional.

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

Safe within [the] community.
Food is good- cookies are amazing.
Care staff [is] wonderful.
People are kind.

The staff is very helpful, including when we call the wrong company for help. For us this is a top facility.

I feel that this is a good community for those that need assisted living or memory care services. The staff is very good both professional and caring activities are good with intentions to keep residents healthy aware and to give them some pleasure. Facility is kept in clean. Condition executive director is very good both caring and professional.

I have no complaints!
Everything so far is wonderful.

I have lived at Atria for 18 months. My wife passed on after 10 months. Overall, I am very satisfied living here. I would like to see a REC. room somewhere in this facility.

Find this facility above average most of the time. They always seem to be some sort of help a lot. Especially at meals times. I know they have a lot to do, the caregivers, but they need help sort out of things that people eat often from the kitchen.

This is a very nice! Atria is very well taken care of! The workers are especially helpful and nice! [Removed]are really extra special!! Only complaint -Food could be served warmer!!

This is the best place! Best services and activities. Always seeking feedback from us. Love it!

Positive & welcoming & friendly. More help in dining room. So many activities offered. Appreciate being able to go to staff with issues it being resolved.
Transportation service is always prompt and professional.
And thanks to [Removed].

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

This is my home, I am very content here!
All the people that work here are wonderful!
They are the greatest!

Love the food & activities
People are nice & friendly

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

Friendly, food is good, caregivers are professional.

Review of Atria Park of Applewood - Lakewood, CO

Safe within community. Food is good, cookies are amazing. Carestaff are wonderful. People are kind.

Good care with comfort

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive. The meals are very good and very healthy. We like knowing that she is offered to participate in the activities. We would recommend this nice and clean environment for the care of a loved one.

Safe, clean and happy environment

Clean facility (odor free) except the smell of good food being prepared by Chef [Removed]. The staff is friendly and appears to enjoy what they do. Residents report they are happy and can be found participating in activities and smiling.

Care and Value

This is a nice community that we have been informed. We live out of state, but know that he is happy with the care that he is receiving. This is a clean community. The menu is good, but they need to work on getting the meals in a reasonable time. They offer a lot of nice activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

High pressure sales...

When I toured Atria, I really liked it as well but they were too high pressure. Also, when I walked in, I did not get that homey feel, so it was not the best fit for my father.

A tour with care

We toured this community for the care of my family members. We liked that the staff were nice and caring. We liked the menu with a lot of nice healthy meals are offered. They do have activiites that are offered to the residents that want to participate. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.
Sunrise of Westminster tour

We Are Glad To Have Mom Here

It is a suitable community for the care that my mom needs. She is enjoying the meals that they make. They have activities planned out and they ask the residents for suggestions. It is a good place.

Good place for mother.

My mother has dementia and a personality disorder. The staff treat her well and with respect. They are patient with her even when I am unable to do so myself. Mother loves the people who care for her. She has been there since the summer of 2016. Mother often mentions that she wished that she had known of this place when we had to place my dad years ago. Yes there have been issues but none of us are perfect and they have always listened and tried to correct any problems when they occurred.

Mom Enjoyed The Complete Experience

My mom improved after her surgery and moved back home. But she did do well and enjoyed the experience. It was a good experience and she enjoyed everything. The meals and activities were to her likes. She had no complaints.

Good assisted living choice if you are very independent

The facility is beautiful and clean and most of the staff(except the nursing staff) are friendly. The assisted living is an excellent place if your loved one needs little assistance. Anyone with dementia or needing physical assistance(bathing, sometimes falling, etc) is better off in the memory care portion. There is little tolerance in the assisted living portion for dementia or physical limitations.

Kate Vance

Thank you for the feedback. I'd like learn more about your experience. Would you mind emailing me directly at [removed]?

My father's great care

I am very happy with the care that my father is receiving here. The staff members are very nice and caring to his needs. My father is not participating in the activities, but they are available. He seems to like the meals, but they do offer alot of chicken. I would over all recommend this excellent community to other families for good care for a loved one.

A good community!

Dad had a clean nice room. The staff took good care of him and encouraged him to participate in the daily activities. He was in the memory care unit and they take them out on trips. The food looked appetizing and tasted good. I would recommend this community.

Love this Community

We like this community alot. The staff is very caring and always very helpful and patient. The food appears to be good. They do offer alot of good activities. I would highly recommend families want good care to consider this community.

Mom Is In A Good Place

For the most part I am happy with the care my mom gets. They maintain her insulin shots and I was impressed when Tracy gave me a tour on her day off. The community is clean and they have plenty of activities for my mom to participate. She likes the bridge group. The cost is going down because she does not need as much care. However, her main complaint is the wait time when getting to lunch and when ordering her meal. It is not in a timely manner.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out, and for being a part of the Atria family – I'm glad to know your mom is staying active and engaged! However, it seems the dining experience isn't meeting expectations. I'll be sure to share your comments with our community and if there is anything else you'd like to share, please send me an email at [removed].

beautiful place with very helpful people.

everyone very helpful in moving to atria. friendly and caring people made a very trying time bearable.

Pete, the Activities Director, is great. I really like this place.

Clean, Nice, But Understaffed

Things are going okay here for my mom but I am not happy about the staff turnover, they seem to not have enough to do be prompt. It is always clean there. The food is good to me, at times my mom has picky habits. My mom gets to enjoy indoor activities but is limited to outings due to her wheelchair. If there were more staff, I would recommend.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm glad to hear that your mom is enjoying our Engage Life events and that you've been able to join us in our dining room. I understand that turnover can be an adjustment; please rest assured that we conduct a thorough training process to ensure our buildings have the most qualified employees serving out residents. If you have any questions or would like to tell me more, you can email me at [removed].

Atria park. Applewood

Super beautiful place. Assistance takes longer to come to your room at times than we'd like but overall really great place. It is very pricey, but worth it.

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family. I appreciate your feedback and would like to help enhance your experience. You can reach me directly at [removed] at any time if you’d like to share more with me.

Things did not go well at Atria Park/found another place

Things did not go well at Atria Park. We were there for less than a week and they gave us a 30 day notice that we had to leave because my husband was too combative.
I would like to say that he is now at Jack's Place which is a small group home with a homey feeling. It is a wonderful place with a flexible staff and they understand how to deal with Alzheimer's patients. It is a wonderful place and thankfully things worked out in the end.

Kate Vance

I’m sorry that Atria Park of Applewood was not a good fit for your husband, and I’d like to hear more about your experience to see how I can help. If you’re open to continuing this conversation, please send me an email at [removed].

A great place

I am very impressed with the staff at Atria Applewood. Every one is so kind and gentle with the residents and their families. My mother is a resident in the memory care side. They are great with her. It is so clean that I believe you could actually eat off the floor. The only thing that I don't like, is the food. My husband and I ate Thanksgiving dinner with my mom today, and the only thing that was good at all, was the salad. Other wise I couldn't be happier knowing that mom is in a great place with great people taking care of her.

Overall a good place

The staff is always caring, kind and professional. The building itself is always clean and the decor is homey. The level of care here is excellent. The food is good for the most part, but food service is lacking at times. Overall, a good place.

Good experience

Overall our experience with Atria Applewood has been a good one. Every time I've visited my loved one she really seems to be enjoying herself here, and doesn't have a care in the world! It's a nice place, and the people all seem very friendly.

Overall they are doing a good job

Overall they are doing a good job at Atria Applewood. A couple of complaints from my aunts are they need a quicker response from the staff to take her to the bathroom. She has to go quite often so this does hinder her functioning better around there. She would just like more staff around to help with this. Also there have been some miscommunication on breakfast. The residents also always complain that they cant get hot coffee, it's always cold. It is expensive but they do get 24 hour care. Overall though it is a good facility and I am happy with the way things are going.

This is a great place with a high level of care. Ryan knows his people and they all like him. That is easy to see. If my dad needed more care this would be an option, but since he doesn't at this point I need a less expensive option.

The facility was beautiful! Ryan was so helpful in answering all of our questions. Seemed very clean and the residents look like they enjoy their living experience. Very close to my home so the convenience is there.

really nice

Having the medical care integrated with the facility (so there is a nurse or PA on staff at all times) has been really nice. The food is also very good. It has been a great experience with Atria Applewood and I would highly recommend them.

They are doing terrific.

They are doing terrific. We have no complaints at all so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly, and they take good care. I hope it never changes.

Nice looking community

We liked what we saw here, everything looked very nice. We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It was definitely an option we were considering for her, and we liked that it had a higher level of memory care available if she progressed down that path. However we felt that as things are now this may have been a bit too busy for her, and the cost was a bit higher than other options we looked at.

Beautiful! Just a little p...

Beautiful! Just a little pricey. Loved Sue B. loved the accommodations. Rent and medication monitoring very high.

$2680-3690 Shared room. Common area s...

$2680-3690 Shared room. Common area supplies furniture. $3800 Studio apartments wait list. $200 a day restbut care. 3 meals a day. Basic care $400, level 1 $950. Move in 2500, pet 750. Wide hallways with rails.

Toured Morning Star on So. Kipling. ...

Toured Morning Star on So. Kipling. Liked the layout of the facility, but noted some of the residents just sitting alone and not interacting. Staff seemed helpful and kept area clean. May want to do a follow-up visit to assess further.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I know that it has been a while since you last visited, and I wanted to provide you with an update on our community. We now offer over 200 monthly events and activities to help keep our residents active and engaged. While we encourage their participation, we also respect their need for privacy and time to themselves when they wish. I invite you back for another visit anytime, and perhaps you can join us for one of our fun events! If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

2/28 waiting for call back. Don't hav...

2/28 waiting for call back. Don't have skilled nursing so may not take mom. Need her to bare weight on atleast one leg. Haven't seen yet.

This is a viable alternative but it i...

This is a viable alternative but it is outside our price range and has NO storage in the apt.

Applewood Place, A Juniper Senior Living Community, provides assisted living and award winning Wellspring Memory Care. Applewood Place Assisted Living, located in a charming neighborhood just south of Golden and ten minutes from downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountain foothills, is a community where older adults enjoy an active lifestyle with just the right amount of individualized support.
Beautifully appointed, Applewood Place offers both standard assisted living for those needing a little help with activities of daily life and a secure environment designed exclusively for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory disorders.

Applewood Place Assisted Living provides a warm and engaging environment with a host of community spaces that offer the opportunity for all types of connections in your third act! The community features 107 apartments from spacious studios to over-sized deluxe two bedroom suites. Lovely outdoor walking paths connect your suite to abundant common areas including sunrooms, covered outdoor patio, and resident gardens. Indoors you’ll find all the amenities of everyday life from a library to a movie theater, from a bistro to art and music rooms, and much more.

Assisted Living is perfect for those needing a little support with life’s details in order to maintain their independence. We offer assistance with personal care and activities of daily life as well as provide a coordinated suite of wellness services on-site. Our team of compassionate professionals nurture the spirit of life in each individual through Juniper’s distinctive programs that encourage active bodies, engaged minds and fulfilled spirits. At Juniper, we believe that the keys to healthy aging are keeping fit and staying socially connected.

We offer two separate Wellspring Memory Care communities. Both provide a caring, secured, environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. These two uniquely designed small neighborhoods, feature common living room, dining room, kitchen and private bedrooms, with private bath. Meals are enjoyed together in the homelike dining area within each. After a meal, strolling around the gardens or just sitting on the front porch further the small home atmosphere of Applewood Place Wellspring Memory Care. And recent research has shown that the small house model of memory care fosters well-being and even happiness.

Through a life-affirming, therapeutic environment, we emphasize strengths and support wellness. We extend our sense of community to all those who are touched by the disease, providing opportunities to support body, mind and spirit. Our dedicated staff, each specially-trained in dementia care, provides each resident individualized care and service. Wellspring is a calming place designed with resident safety in mind.