Brookdale Arvada - Arvada, CO has yet not published prices.

Moving mom

We moved my mother in the assisted living side knowing she would have to move to memory care. She was there a short time before getting moved over. It always smells like poop and they nickel and dime you for everything. Although the staff is friendly, they do not seem to know how to deal with people transitioning into memory care. The facility is understaffed and the staff overworked. Lots of turnover! Too many issues to cover in this short space. Keep your loved one out of this facility. We're moving mom.

The cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired

The staff members here have been really good to work with. If there is ever an issue, they go out of their way to get things right. I can’t say enough about how cooperative and flexible they are. They have really good therapists but the visiting nurses have been a fiasco. No one seems to know what anyone else is doing. The very first day they were supposed to show up, they never did. The next day they were four hours late. They also have some issues with getting things that my Mother needs like wound care supplies. The community itself is just dirty and dusty. It even smells like dust. Thankfully they are replacing all of the carpeting now. I would recommend this community to other families.

Old, Small Rooms

I toured Brookdale with my children, and they felt that I looked old and warn out. They also wanted me to have more space, and the felt that the rooms there were too small. We ultimately chose another community to suit our needs

New to Assisted Living Environments

I want to give a five star rating to Brookdale in Arvada. I looked at several assisted living facilities and while they all seemed very nice, Brookdale stood out in all the areas that were important to me. I saw it was maintained very nicely, was offering a well rounded environment for my father in activities, and quality of care. The thing that stood out to me was the atmosphere, everyone was friendly and happy which says a lot about that environment. They genuinely seem to all care about each other. They also have helped me tremendously with an emergency I had with my father as well which has been totally resolved now even with him only being there less than a week.

Everything is going well!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been friendly and I am comfortable with the quality of care she has been receiving. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities they have to offer all of the residents. Overall it has been great and I would recommend it to anyone.

Treats Residents With Respect

I can't tell you how much it means to me the way the staff treats not only my cousin but all the residents here. This place is wonderful. The staff is so nice and friendly knows the residents by their first name they take the time to get to know them it's just wonderful.
The community is so clean and bright and cheerful. One of the major reasons we ended up here is that it is a one story building so there are no stairs or elevators to have to deal with.
The location is perfect for me very close to my home so I can visit often.
The food is good he eats what he can . The size of his studio is just perfect for him he is very comfortable for his style.

Very clean and caring community!

The community is a very clean and maintained establishment. The staff is very friendly and caring. It is a good place for my dad who needed the memory care, but with the assisted living. He is still very functioning just needs a little help acclimating to where things are. There are plenty of activities, by my dad's choice he doesn't interact as much as he could. For the most part, my dad likes the residents and the caregivers. He is able to take walks around the community. I have dined with him and the food is very average. They do provide balanced meals, I think the portions could be bigger. They are preparing it definitely for the resident's palates, softer food choices. I've interacted with staff, and feel they are very helpful and caring. I feel I've made the right choice for my dad.

We are not too happy with the care from this community. She is not always getting personal care. The staff has been informed to get her to be active and they are not doing that. A clean community that is nice. The meals are great and she is happy with the variety. They do offer her activities for her to participate. We would recommend that families tour this community

Care with family

We are glad that were able to find a nice community in colorado for the care that is being received from the nice staff who are so very caring. The meals have been appealing. They are offering her activities for her to participate. The community is very clean and we would recommend others to this community. It makes us happy to know that she has family close by for her.

Very nice place!

My tour of the Brookdale Arvada went very well. The place was very clean and well-maintained, and the staff was all very friendly and welcoming. The place was truly lovely but the reason we chose to go with another community was money. They did not offer assistance for in case if my mother's money ran out. Other than that it was a great place.

I would highly recommend this community to families for the great care that my father is getting here with the wonderful staff members. You feel like your at home with the good homie feeling. This community is clean and well taken care of. They offer great meals and a great variety. My fathers have been active in all the activities and enjoy them. My father has made great progress here due to the outstanding care. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

It Went Fine

My mom was at Brookdale Arvada for 2 weeks for a respite. She enjoyed it the best she could The room was fine. The care was fine. It was a break for me and this meet the needs.

Great Care

My husband is still adjusting to this community. The staff is very helpful and patient. The food is good and a nice variety. They do offer him activities,but he is not participating yet. the community is clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community for excellent care for others.

I went to Brookdale Arvada and had a wonderful tour. Hunter [Removed] was a very wonderful and caring person. If all the right way I will be going with Brookdale Arvada. It was very clean and very friendly place.

Brookdale Arvada is the right place for our loved one!!

My mother in law is doing ok at Brookdale. She says the people are nice, the place is clean and the food is good. I tried the food and I think it is good as well. The staff are very kind and understand the different stages of Dementia. They offer a variety of activities and outings including visiting the aquarium.

The staff work with smiles and are gracious!!!

This community was good decision for my mom. My dad is able to stay with her. The staff are so kind, understanding, helpful, amazing and you can see they love working with the elderly. They are getting good nutrition and the food tastes ok. The variety of activities they offer is better for my mom than my dad. I would recommend this clean community.

Worth the time to visit!

I enjoyed the tour of Brookdale Arvada. The staff were very friendly and were able to address all of my concerns. The community was a little larger than what we were looking for. It is a beautiful well kept place.

Very Positive Staff

Everything is going very well for my parents at this community. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. They keep the community very nice and clean. The staff is very positive, and they are caring for my parents well. They are trying a few new activities. The food is good, they enjoy the meals. Overall it has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Slowly Getting Adjusted

We really are enjoying my mother's time here at Brookdale Arvada. It is a very nice looking community and very clean, I have not had any concerns regarding that so far. The staff here is great, and they have been kind and helpful to my mother and me. She is slowly getting use to the environment and everything they have to offer her here. The only issue I've had is that the prices that they are charging us are a bit expensive, and I'm going into a situation with them at the moment regarding that, so just know that this community is a bit pricey. Overall it is a great community to move your loved one to.

Great staff

The staff is great there. I really love the staff. I appreciate the interest they have in the residents and also the caring they have for the residents there.

A Wonderful Place

I thought it was just a wonderful place. I thought that the staff was wonderful, however I think that they may be a little understaffed, especially on the night shift. Also it is a pretty expensive place.

Not So Good Food!

The food is not good. If the food was a little better I would like this place a lot more. Not So Good Food! Other than that everything else is great!

The food is not good.

We love it. We don't have any complaints at all so far.

We love it. We don't have any complaints at all so far. Not even about the food. They seemed to be about in the middle of road price wise. We are very happy with them, I would give them a 4.75, at this point.

A caring staff with a warm environment..

It has been a great experience there. They have a caring staff with a warm environment. They serve great meals. They keep the place clean. The value is excellent. That is one of the main reasons why I chose this facility. The communication has been good for the most part. They are always trying to improve. I would recommend the Brookdale Arvada to anyone. My overall rating of this facility is five stars.

good for the most part

My sister is living there at Brookdale Arvada. It has been good for the most part, except that there are not a lot of activities and such to keep her occupied. She reads a lot. She says that some days the food is good, and some days it's not so good. She is on a medication plan, and she sometimes has to wait for an hour or longer to get a pain pill. This is all according to her. Compared to other facilities they are very good.

Good home for seniors, friendly and helpful.

We visited and reviewed almost all the senior assisted living facilities in North Denver metro area, about 7 in all. Brookdale was the best value we found. The people seem to genuinely care about the residents. They are a little understaffed at times and could do more to help a new resident settle in and figure out the system but after a little while my mother felt quite comfortable. It is homelike and attractive and the dining room servers are quite personable. It is located in Arvada in a nice shopping area which helps residents who can walk a bit. They have been quite accomodating of my mother's food issues. Very responsive to requests for help. The nursing staff are great. They could use a little more physical activities and opportunities to get out on the shuttle. Overall we are both happy with the secure environment.

comfy a good place for dad. Would recommend to others. the over all property is a 5 star rating, while the staff is very friendly, nice, very helpful. the cleanliness is 5 stars, as well the care service.

my hats off

My hats off to Brookdale Arvada for doing as well as they do. I am up here several times each week and am always impressed with the place. The staff here is wonderful, always extremely friendly and very helpful.

Very Nice Community

Brookdale Arvado is a very nice community, Mom likes it there.

David was great! The facility was clean and the residents looked happy and well cared for. David followed up later in the day to see if I had any questions which I appreciated. The hallways were long and mom got really tired walking around though. The unit was small and way down at the end of that long hallway.

not a good experience

Going in I felt really positive about the place. They present themselves really well, but the experiences that we have had and with the expense of the whole thing, it was not worth it. The food was not good at all. I am still waiting to see if they are going to refund me for the care portion of our bill for the last ten days since there was no care. Their billing process was terrible. They sent a bill to my parents house where nobody is living (because my parents are there) and when you do get the bill it's just tone big lump sum, not itemized, so I have no idea what all I am paying for. The staff was also passive aggressive in the way they cared for my dad. When they helped him get dressed they put on clothes that did not even fit.

Overall not a good experience. Exorbitant rates and unkindness. I would love to give them a positive review, but I can't in good conscience do that. My parents are now living at San Marino and are much happier there.

very respectful

I witnessed someone who had passed away while we were visiting once and they were taking the body out. The family was there and aids went out of their way to show utmost respect for the deceased.

There have been a couple of times where her bed was not made up in a timely manner, but that was a very small and minor issue. For the most part it has been a very positive experience. Overall we are very satisfied and would recommend them.

very friendly and genuinely cares

Everybody at Brookdale Arvada is very friendly and genuinely cares.

We have seen a little communication breakdowns, such as when going from one shift to another, instructions on what to do. We've seen a couple of things get dropped.

We are very happy!

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with Brookdale Arvada has been a good one! The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. We haven't had any problems at all, and I would recommend this place to others looking into senior living in the area!

Sterling house was very helpful in the process of moving dad. We had never done anything like this before. they were with us every step to make a smooth transition. Once dad was there, everyone was very friendly and willing to help him feel "at home".

Seemed a little too much li...

Seemed a little too much like a hospital. Rooms small. A bit expensive and a la cart charging of services is worrisome.

We've been really pleased.

We've been really pleased. The food I have tried and I would give it a 4 and a half. The staff is very friendly they always seems to know where she is and what she is doing. Their response time is pretty good, but I think she would like to see that be a little quicker when she rings a call bell.

Liked that it was all one l...

Liked that it was all one level. Staff and residents friendly. Medication monitoring kind of high.

Great Atmosphere

This community is very nice and we are really enjoying it. Everyone here is so helpful and very nice. We really liked the atmosphere, it is warm and inviting. The residents are not just sitting in wheelchairs they are engaged in activities and moving around. The residents really seem to be happy and so does the staff. The community smells lovely, not like an old person home or a hospital. We feel like it was a great choice and I would recommend it to anyone, in fact I already have.

ok place, one bedroom is small and ou...

ok place, one bedroom is small and outdated, but Mom thought is was ok, but not excited about it. They are in the process of remodeling. One resident reached out to Mom which was great

Nice place. The lunch menu looked gr...

Nice place. The lunch menu looked great! Nice outside. All the rooms were situated in a "square" where the older folks could walk.

Clean, friendly, large halls, studio ...

Clean, friendly, large halls, studio would be the best. good location for family to visit

Brookdale Arvada provides assisted living and memory care in Arvada, Colorado. We are conveniently located near many shops, restaurants and parks, making us the ideal community to call home.

At Brookdale Arvada we design our programs and outings according to our residents' interests and capability levels. From enjoying a book in our sun room to visiting with friends by the fireplace in our family room, there is something for everyone to enjoy at Brookdale Arvada. We offer a variety of services and amenities, including:

Yoga
Gardening club
Massage
Baking club
Origami group
Men's club

Our single-story community features five different floor plans in both our assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. At Brookdale Arvada we partner with each resident to create a personalized care plan. Our process is unique to Brookdale Senior Living because our services are fee based depending on the resident's need. Our trained staff regularly reviews resident's service plans to ensure every need is being met.

At Brookdale Arvada we strive to create many daily opportunities for our residents to make meaningful contributions to each other and to our community, if they desire. Our highly trained staff is available 24/7, providing comfort to our residents' and their families.