The Granville Assisted Living - Lakewood, CO

Wonderful, not TOO PRICEY.

My brother in law moved to the Granville, from [location removed]. He needed some assistance with med reminders and cooking. I have to say after visiting many different places, FOR THE MONEY, WHICH IS AFFORDABLE, this is a 5 star rating from me. Their dining room is clean, food is good. The grounds are landscaped well, and all in all it seems to be comfortable, quality and friendly staff. He is quite happy. He can intermingle as much as he wants to, or take private time and long naps. There is a Walmart a few blocks away, where he shops for food, and the place is surrounded by trees, away from traffic. WE feel blessed to have found such a clean bright community for our "young" elder! Thanks to the owners for this accommodation, and we have peace about him living there.
The [name removed] family.

The residents are nice here

The location of this facility is great and it’s easy to get to other places. The staff was really good here and all of the residents I met seemed nice. This is a place that I wouldn’t mind living when I’m older. I felt really comfortable here. The only downside my sister thought it had was that the décor and facility was a little outdated. I would recommend this community.

Granville is Great

My loved one has lived at The Granville for 6 years. I have been very pleased with the care he has received. The staff is very aware of how he is feeling and any health changes that develop. They are professional and caring as they do their jobs and try to make each resident feel valued. The facility is always clean and well maintained and they offer many opportunities for social interactions. Overall, The Granville has been a great choice for care.

Wonderful LIVING

My father has been a resident at the Granville for 3 years and it has been an absolutely wonderful place for him to live. He was in a couple of other facilities that were below par before we found the Granville. From the moment we walked in, we felt that this was home. Sara, the executive director helped us with the transition paperwork and made it totally painless.
The employees really make you feel like they are part of the extended family. [Removed] are just a few of the great "family" members that always have a friendly smile. I could go on and on about all of the wonderful things about the Granville. Since dad moved in I have had to move about 60 miles away and I would love to have him closer, but I haven't found any other facility that can match the Granville. For me, the drive is more than worth it to have him live here. The Granville is always clean, the employees are warm and friendly, activities are available, the meals nutritious, meds are accurate and the apartments wonderful. Since dad has lived here they have spent money on capital improvements to keep the facility in top shape and comfortable for their residence.
I would and have highly recommended the Granville to anyone that is needing a place to LIVE and add to their extended "family"!

Great place for my mom to live!

You need to be sure you understand the Granville's policies before you go there! They follow the rules they tell you about ahead of time! This is not an eat every meal in your room-service kind of place! If you can't get to the meals on your own or you can't do your own transfers you can't stay there! They do not have staffing for that and you don't pay for any staffing to do that. They will bring you meals on a limited basis and you pay extra for the delivery ($4-$5?) The staff is super friendly and most of them have been there for a long time so the turnover is low. Talk to the residents when you visit they will give you honest answers. Is it perfect?.... of course not but given that it's generally affordable the staff cares, the food is for the most part very good (occasionally it's not the best) they have many activities, and family events around most holidays it's a very good place to have someone live in that you care about. Be sure to talk to Joe Whitney (Director of Resident Services) when you visit.... every one thinks he's the best and he will honestly answer any question you ask!

Don't settle in - they might just kick you out

The facility is clean and most staff are friendly, but they won't hesitate to evict residents for not strictly following all the rules, especially requiring residents to come down for 2 meals/day minimum. They will provide no written warning that the resident is at risk for being evicted and they will not, despite what they may initially say, work with the family to resolve the issue before it's too late. And once they send the eviction notice, they will not even work with you to find a new place, but still pester you to get the resident out. They also don't do much to work with new residents and families to make sure they have what they need.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, at least not until they replace the executive director.

It was a nice place.

We toured this community when we were searching. It was a nice place, it was clean, and the staff was friendly. It came down to location for us, and another one was closer. We didn't have any concerns about this place though.

Granville didn't offer the ...

Granville didn't offer the continuum of care that we feel might be necessary. We don't want to move my brother more than once. We liked the facility. It's clean, quiet and well maintained. The rooms are nice. It's just not a good fit for us.

The Granville Assisted Living Center is conveniently located near 14th and Wadsworth, just 3 miles north of BelMar and 3 miles south of Historic Highlands Square. Also new this year is the opening of the West Line Light Rail station which is just outside our door.

The Granville was created in 1998 to help individuals who are 62 years of age and older who need a little bit of extra assistance, and need it at an affordable rate.

The private owners are still involved in the operations and the staff is amazingly dedicated to our residents. Many staff have been here for ten or more years.

This is a very unique property and you are sure to be pleasantly surprised when you see what we offer, experience the warmth of the family atmosphere and get to know our staff and residents. Please come see for yourself what life at The Granville can offer.