The Verandah at Graywood - Lake Charles, LA

Super facility, a bit far out from town, both good and bad. Offered great amenities and activities. Worried me that it is supposed to be an "age in place" facility but it was brought up that she could/would be moved to a nursing home at some time. Maybe that was just if the money ran out for Private Care.

Consider changing dining options

The staff was friendly during our tour of The Verandah. I didn't like that they do not offer families the option to purchase meals and eat with their loved one's. They didn't even let us in the dining room.

Dad Likes The Amenities Here

My dad is fine on the retirement side of the community. He has tried some activities and has made some friends. He likes the meals they make. It is is flavorful not spicy and properly cooked, he is able to chew his food with no issues. They have a barber shop in the community and he has got his hair cut once and liked the way it looked. This was a nicer, cleaner place and he liked the apartment with the pool, spa, and extra amenities.

The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

Fills my every need. I really enjoy living here.

The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

Great place for this time of my life, great staff, good food, great fellow residents!

The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

I actually promote the Carriage house to others. However, I do have concerns that there is no manager on duty at night or weekend. Our concierge is exceptional, but when she is not here there is no one to attend to visitors, answer the phone, help residents, etc. I'm glad to see that an assistant manager has been hired. We needed that extra staff member.

The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

I have found my apartment to be very comfortable, with the housekeeper doing a superior job. The CNA's are friendly and helpful. The activities that are planned for the residents are varied and interesting. The dining room is always clean and inviting, however the service is often poor. The CNA's apparently are not trained in fine dining service and/or often understaffed. The food is adequate.

The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

The facility is awesome! My father has been there over 2 years and have been more than pleased.

Very Happy! Lived at The Verandah for over 2 years!

Care for family

This is very nice community for my brother. He is happy with the care from the staff who are very caring. They offer him activities that he is enjoying. The community is very clean and maintained. He is pleased with the meals that are offered. I recommend the care and the value to other families seeking good care and value.

Working with APFM

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my advisor, [Removed] [Removed]. She is very knowledgeable about the topic of senior living and other avenues associated with it. I appreciate being able to speak with her about my questions/concerns and pleased with advice given.

Beautiful facility!
I really enjoyed the tour & it give me a better understanding of its service!
Thank you to Verandah for the kindness & patience during our tour!

Fabulous Place!
Staff works to keep facility at capacity & truly care about the residents. They are very visible in the community.

Very pleasant – helpful staff.
Pleasant atmosphere.
Premises are kept immaculate.

The Verandah is an amazing place; the staff is very friendly; is a beautiful place to live & great to visit! The residents are so happy & enjoy living at the Verandah. I love working with the residents for Home Health with these wonderful people!

Review of The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

Very good.

Review of The Verandah - Lake Charles, LA

Love the community and employees! Premises are kept up!

My Happy Home

I am very happy here at this community. the staff is excellent and always very caring and helpful in many ways. The food is outstanding and the deserts are just wonderful. They have alot of activities that i have not yet participated in as of yet. I highly recommend this to others for the all around excellent care received here.

Accommodating Community

My friend is still taking some time to adjust to the community but that is to be expected. She seems to like it so far, and I enjoy the community as well. It is really nice here. The place looks great and is very clean and nice. The staff has been nice and helpful to us with everything, very accommodating. I've been a couple of times to have dinner with her and the food is great. There are activities offered here for the residents and the staff does a good job getting them involved. Would recommend this community to family and friends.

I want to live there!

Mom has been in the Assisted Livng portion of the community for a short time now and things seems to be going really well for her. The place is truly amazing and if I could live there myself I would. The food is so good she doesn't think she'll be losing any weight and the staff are great! I'd recommend.

stood out as the best

We looked at a number of facilities before choosing The Verandah and it really stood out as the best. They seemed to go out of their way to answer any questions and do anything they could to help us out.