Brookdale Lake Charles - Lake Charles, LA

Brookdale Lake Charles

My mother moved into Brookdale, and overall, it has been a worthwhile experience. While the nighttime people aren’t quite as attentive as I’d like them to be, the daytime staff are very good about keeping the residents involved and active. They have lots of activities available to keep the residents stimulates such as sing-alongs, walk about activities, puzzles, and games. The community is also clean. They are doing some renovations now like painting and hanging new light fixtures, but overall, they do maintain a clean place, and I feel the renovations speak to their concerns of keeping the community safe and well maintained. I’d definitely recommend Brookdale to others.

Mom's first week

Mom has just completed her first week at Brookdale i n Lake Charles, La. She certainly appears to be happy with the choice she has made. We hope the first week is a true expectation of the peace of mind we want for her and she is expecting for herself. Thank you very much and if requested we will provide comments in the future.

The family

Very impressed with the facility, friendly staff, and liked what they had to offer, seemed like very genuine, up front people with very good activities, etc. Do wish there apartments looked more like an apartment with walled off bedroom, etc. but not that important.

Mom is getting more comfortable

My mother is adjusting well at Brookdale Lake Charles. The staff meets her needs but sometimes they could be more attentive and could use more help. She isn't involved in activities but they encourage her to join in.I like that they allow you to purchase meals and have lunch with your loved one's. We chose Brookdale because it seemed like the best pick for my mother and she would be most comfortable here.

Going well so far...

They've been good. There were a couple of communication issues but they have since been resolved. They are doing a good job. He isn't active so they are attempting to get him involved. My father is an old timer and enjoys Cajun food. He doesn't like the meals that they prepare but I think they are very good. We chose this community because I was in town visiting and toured with him. When it came time to move him into a community we selected Brookdale because we were familiar with them and it was a smooth transition.

They Were Not What Was Wanted

We took a tour of this community and saw things that we didn't like. The apartment was not as clean and not the best. The quality within the community was not there. There was not as much extra amenities too. This was not the place for my dad.

Outstanding care

I like this community. They have great staff members who are very caring. The meals are good. They need to work on the rooms a little more on keeping the rooms clean. The activities were wonderful when they wanted to participate. I highly recommend the care and the value of this wonderful community to other families.

My mother's care

I like this community for the care that my mom is getting here. The staff is always nice and friendly. They help with everything that is needed for her. She likes the meals that are offered. She is not participating in the activities with the other residents. We would like to see her more active. We would recommend the care and the value of this community, for good care.

Disgusted

Horrible! Would advise no one to go there. Mother has been there 11months and I've contacted [Removed] twice. Revolving door as far as employees are concerned. Do not keep enough employees on staff for safety and cleaning. I could go on.

Wasn't The Right Community For My Parents

Our experiences in this community were fair, but they were not able to provide the type of care that my parents needed. Other than that issue, this is a nice community. The staff was extra kind and friendly. For the most part the community was well maintained, but there is a bad odor in the memory care unit. It just wasn't the right facility for my parents.

Overworked and Underpaid

The Staff is under paid, they are always short handed. I have not seen one housekeeper clean anything in the past 6 months. My mothers room is horrible it smells like urine. The RA's 2pm-10pm shift are just by far the most amazing crew I have ever seen, AL and MC. they work as a team and do their job to the best of their ability. I appreciate everything they do for my loved one. I know I can count on them if I need anything done.
Front office: They fail to get the staff the appropriate help they need. Very High Turnaround rate.
Other then that, I love it!

Very friendly and helpful staff!

They've done a great job so far at Emeritus at Lake Charles. All of the staff have been helpful, professional, and friendly, and very understanding of my loved ones needs. The director in particular has been very hands on, and has gone above and beyond making sure that my loved one settles in here.

See reviews, photos, and pricing for Brookdale Lake Charles - Lake Charles, LA. Call (866) 396-3202 for more info.