The Summit at Sunland Springs - Mesa, AZ

• Dysphagia Testing Available
  • Mobile Imaging Available
  • Mobile Labs Available
  • Resident Family Education

Very nice, only yr old facility. Studio[location removed], close to outside courtyard, would accommodate [name removed] well, dining room is distance, nice amenities. Rather large facility, no spend down option in ALF, memory unit next door has spend down option. Fairly close to family 15 mins. Fancy but not warm feeling, more independent living feel.

Very nice, only yr old facility.[location removed], close to outside courtyard, would accommodate [name removed] well, dining room is distance, nice amenities. Rather large facility, no spend down option in ALF, memory unit next door has spend down option

wonderful - but just too far

Very clean, new building

When I toured this facility, it was pristine, but very expensive. The residents there seemed to be very active, which is nice, but wouldn’t fit the needs of my loved one very well. The building was fairly new and seemed to be on top of things as far as cleanliness was concerned. Any executive person that we spoke with was exceptional in answering any questions we had. We ultimately decided on a different community because of the pricing, but if I had moved my loved one in, I don’t think I would’ve had any complaints.

The Staff Are Incredible!

My dad moved into the Summit in September 2014 after having 2 sets of strokes and his dementia was getting worse. We were greeted by [Removed]. who introduced my dad and us to the staff and other residents. The staff included him in activities, and also would sit with him in the courtyard when he wanted some "one-on-one" time. The staff became part of the family. My dad passed away January 2017, and during the last week of his life, the staff cared, not only about my dad, but about us - making sure we had sandwiches and snacks in his room, and even offering to go out and get something to eat for us in the middle of the night. At the time of his passing, two of his favorite aides were with us. We told stories about my dad, laughed and cried together. I can't thank [Removed] and his staff enough for doing everything they did for my dad and us. They are truly angels!

Gorgeous!

Gorgeous community! I especially love the courtyard space.
A lot of attention to detail went into this community. Everyone I met was professional and friendly. The food is awesome too. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for either memory care or assisted living services.

Great Team and Great Community!

Great team and Great community!

Meeting Mom's Expectations

My mom is doing very well and the community is meeting her expectations. All the staff are wonderful and they take a lot of time and care with her. They took the time getting to know her and they show care for everyone. There has not been one complaint about the meals and I have ate there, it is very good. During the week the have bingo 3 times and chair exercise with card games throughout the week. The staff are good at making sure that she gets to the activities, everyone is encourage to participate rather than sit in their rooms.

Wish we'd gotten her there sooner!

My mother was only at the Summit 3 months before she passed away, but to a one, the staff was fantastic. The place is beautiful and well thought out for memory patients and there are specific memory type activities to keep them engaged. The caregivers and med techs were top notch, and they made sure she was comfortable, clean and well fed (tricky, since she was unable to feed herself). I talked to the nurse often and he was great about all of her health care needs and quickly addressed any concerns I had. The chef is wonderful and truly takes pride in feeding everyone who comes in the door! (the food is amazing!) Even though my mother was quite ill she was very aware she was in a great place. We didn't realize quite how wonderful The Summit was until her last days and found a haven for all of us. It was like a close knit community where the neighbors bring casseroles and comfort! Rob, the chef, made sure we had snacks and drinks as we sat with her and when she passed and we were cleaning out her apartment, he personally brought us a tray of sandwich wraps, chips, cookies, soda to help get us through the process. Ginger, the marketing director who sold us on the place in the beginning drove across Phoenix to attend the funeral! She and Rob both offered their personal vehicles to help carry stuff to Goodwill! The caregivers not only hovered over her, they were incredibly attentive to the family. Even the owner pitched in (and was often present on site). But pretty much every employee we dealt with during the 3 months not only did their job well but went above and beyond to keep my mother as comfortable as possible and to help us get through this. We live out of state, so it was especially important to us to trust her caregivers and they really did a consistently fine job. You can't go wrong by putting your loved one here--you can rest easy knowing they will get the best care available.

Outstanding Community

I am very happy with the care that is being given here at this community. My mom loves the food here and they have a great chief. It is a beautiful community and well taken care of. Wonderful activities are offered. I would recommend this community for excellent care and a value to others.

Very nice warm inviting facility. Would recommend highly

We Like This Place

A Place For Mom was very quick to respond to our needs for a home and it was an easy process. This community is spotless with staff that are helpful and welcoming at all times. My mom gets to do a few activities and we taker her out every weekend too. I think the food taste good and they are accommodating to variety. I definitely would recommend this community.

Friendly and professional. Helped with the transition of moving in m providein personal support for the first several days.

Go somewhere else.

Staff is lacking compassion.

My mom is a dementia patient. We're having a hard time getting her clothes back when they do laundry. I'm not sure if she is giving them away or their not realizing their her clothes. Other than that great place. I gave everything 5 stars.

Extremely Friendly Staff

Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to listen. I have not come across anybody that is snotty or stubborn. The only thing I have some trouble with is when I point something out that needs to be done, I have to go up ladder, to management and the like. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Laundry issues

The only thing is that the laundry marking, sometimes they do not get their things back. We try to keep it marked and the marking got washed off before we could get it back on.

Overall I am happy

Overall I am happy with The Summit at Sunland Springs . I am irritated with laundry being lost there and he lost his wedding ring. I think the staff are doing their best with a difficult job though. There was an employee that was mean and I was able to documented it. I went to the management and they were able to take care of the problem immediately. I really appreciated that.

highly recommend them

My grandmother has been at The Summit at Sunland Springs for a little over six weeks. They are very prompt at making sure that she gets to all her appointments. The place is very clean, and every time I visit her she seems very happy.

In terms of area for improvement, some of the maintenance requests (such as some things that needed to be hung up in her room) took a little longer than it should have to get done.

Other than that it is really a great place. I highly recommend them.

Very nice place!

They do a great job at The Summit at Sunland Springs, I'd give them high marks across the board! I really appreciate how interactive the staff are, both with the residents and with their families. They really seem to get to know each resident as an individual, and whenever I call or visit they know without checking where my loved one is and what she is up to. They take great care of the people who live here, and I would highly recommend them!

Care for Loved one

The Summit treats all residents as family. Staff members know the residents by name and relate well with residents and their family members. They provide a variety of activities including games, music, dancing, theme events, exercise and more. All aspects of the facility are well tended there is always a comfortable feeling when visiting your loved one.

Happy Mom livess at the Summit

I highly recommend the Summit to anyone who is looking for a caring place for a loved one with memory issues. Over the past 7 years mom lived in a home in New Hampshire as well as another home in Arizona. They in no way compare to the loving care she receives in the Summit. Not only do the care givers and Med-techs know mom the executive director Craig knows each and every resident by first name. I often see Craig in the dining room or activity room interacting with the residents. After mom had her accident while visiting my daughter in California, Craig personally headed up moms transiting from a Skilled Nursing Facility back into normal life at the Summit. I am so happy mom lives at the Summit. My wife and I can’t say enough good things about the Summit.

Completely Satisfied

My mother has been at The Summit for over a year now and my brothers and I have been extremely pleased with her care. The staff and owners always tell me how much they love my mother, relating little stories about her and what she says and does when I can't be there. The medical staff is top rate and extremely careful about medications and giving them to her when due. I never have to worry that she'd be alone if something happens to her, which it has. The staff is always by her side and quick to call me to advise me of what they've decided to do for her care. They have fun activities for my mother and gently encourage her to attend to keep her active and involved. There isn't any other place I could imagine my mother spending her last days in and I am so happy that we found The Summit at Sunland Springs.

Update 7/7/2016: My mother passed peacefully at The Summit at Sunland Springs this past January. The staff was amazing with her and my family. They brought us food and drinks while we sat with her especially the last week while she was in a coma. They came in regularly to turn her, make her more comfortable and made sure they worked together with her hospice nurse to receive her medications on time. The owner, Craig Ahlstrom, told me when we discovered her ovarian cancer, that she could stay there and pass if we wished and we did. He attended her funeral along with another caregiver from The Summit. I couldn't have asked for a better place for my mother to pass.

A Blessing For Our Family

It was truly a blessing to find such a wonderful place for our parents. From management to housekeeping, the service has been outstanding! These people have definitely dedicated their lives to making the lives of their residents as high quality as possible! We can never repay them enough!

Nothing But Praise for The Summit

My father, who has Alzheimer's, has resided at The Summit at Sunland Springs since the end of May, 2014. We could not be happier with this accommodation. The building is new and built to resemble more of a hotel than a typical nursing home: it is clean and calming, the halls are wide, the furniture and art upscale and in great shape. There are plenty of lounging areas, and a large patio. Everyone has a private room and bath. The staff are as friendly and helpful--and as amazingly patient and compassionate--as they could possibly be, helping us get the services my dad needs and personalizing their care for him. The folks conducting the various recreational activities are enthusiastic, creative and flexible. Families are welcomed and invited to be involved. Patient safety is a top priority. The dining room food is very good, with a talented chef providing nutritious meals, and family members may eat as well. I can think of nothing to complain about, and highly recommend The Summit to others seeking dementia patient care.

A Great Place For Loved Ones To Live

My dad has been a resident for just over a year. He gets excellent care. They activities they provide is great. I put him in to make sure he had contact with others rather than just sitting home in a chair and sleeping all day.

All the care workers are dedicated to the care of the residents. Everyone there has become part of my family.

The food is great. I enjoy having some meals with my dad every week.

The special events they put on are fantastic. You can tell all the hard work that went into the Hawaiian event and barbecues. The Thanksgiving dinner the other night was great.

Other family members have told me the same. They checked out other places as I did. But I am glad I choose The Summit

Leslie A. Dytko

Thank you Janice...we're so happy to hear that you feel this way about the Summit. You are a part of our family, as is your Dad, and we are honored that you place such a high trust in us.

Very happy

I moved my husband into this facility just over a month ago and am very happy with the choice I made. The facility is clean and well taken care of by the maintenance staff. All of the staff is friendly and genuinely care about the welfare of the residents. Everyone is treated like family. It was becoming difficult to care for him at home due to the nature of the disease and I'm glad that I can now trust his care to these wonderful people and just be his wife again.

Mixed

My loved one lives there, not me. The best features of the community are the friendliness of the staff and the value they offer for the money, but they could offer more activities and the care services could be better too.

So far it couldn’t be better.

My wife is happy with it. I was kind of astounded that she would be, but she has been. From the top to the bottom the people have been excellent. The whole place is fantastic. So far it couldn’t be better. I’d give them fives all the way down. The staff is very friendly.

Doing a great job

Everything here gets full marks. It's a nice place, the staff are friendly, and the care provided it good.

Great place!

This is a great place, and I was really a fan of how family oriented they are. They are just as friendly and caring to family members as to the residents themselves. They learn everyone's name, and address and concerns quickly. Everyone we've spoken with has been friendly, outgoing, and caring.

Just seemed right

The staff is extremely friendly they deserve a 5 + on friendliness. Leslie was just awesome. The staff is just great. The atmosphere is comfortable and is very comforting. The Summit just seemed like the right fit everything just seemed right.

The Summit at Sunland Springs is in East Mesa, Arizona on Signal Butte Rd., between Baseline Rd. and Guadalupe Rd. We are a memory care and assisted living community that assists those with Alzheimer's/dementia. We've designed a home-like atmosphere for our residents, with top-of-the line care. Our program is designed to build self esteem while promoting cognitive, sensory, and physical skills. Our highly trained staff is dedicated to making a difference in our resident's lives. We have nurses on-site 7 days/week with round-the-clock, awake care staff. We have private and companion studios, as well as Respite for short-term stays. Residents will enjoy our spacious layout and our beautiful courtyard when they want to enjoy the outdoors, do some gardening or maybe even putt on our putting green. We also have a salon and spa bathtub on-site, which is very useful for those who are resistant to showering and is no additional cost. Our customized program provides three nutritious meals and snacks daily. We have a housekeeping and laundry service and all of the utilities are included, excluding a telephone.