Brookdale Springs Mesa - Mesa, AZ

We were very impressed with Brookdale when we visited on Thursday. My mom loved just about everything about it. Unfortunately, the realities of her financial situation will prevent us from making any move to independent living. Once we had some actual pricing to work with, we found that she is not in a position to be able to afford a move. We appreciate all of the information that A Place for Mom was able to provide. If we can revisit this possibility in the future we will definitely call.

The facility is very nice, the staff are abundant and very friendly, and the lunch we tested was delicious. They say they have remodeled apartments, but there aren't many available. It is about 30+ years old, but well maintained. The apartments do not have ovens, but with meals provided, you don't need one. The grounds outside were lovely and quiet. The price was right for all the amenities.

Older building but still very nice

I toured this facility when looking for a place for my loved one. The building itself is a bit older but overall very nice. However, everything was a lot more spread out and that was my biggest concern. To get from the room to the dining area or any of the activities areas would be a trek and that wouldn’t have worked well for my loved one. Their method of charging for assisted living was difficult to understand as well. Their prices were pieced together through different things they offered so it wasn’t just one monthly charge but rather multiple monthly charges. It ultimately wasn’t the right fit for my family’s needs.

Based on a brief tour...

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mom. It’s a very nice, big, facility. I liked it a lot but my Mom didn’t like it as much, though it looked fine to me. The person that gave us the tour was able to answer any questions we had and they really seemed knowledgeable about the type of care that she would need. Ultimately, my Mom just preferred to move somewhere else but this place was very nice.

Large variety of food and great personalized services director

So far, things seem to be good here. It’s the little things sometimes that are the needle in the haystack. My mom doesn’t seem to be getting hot water and sometimes she’ll have to run the water for 10 minutes at a time just to warm it up. However, the staff has been wonderful, especially [Removed], she’s the director of personalized services. On a general basis, mom is tickled with the food. They have a big variety of food and it’s not always the same thing every day, or even every week. The facility is kept clean and housekeeping comes by once a week to clean the apartment or change her bed. They provide all kinds of activities like physical therapy, bingo, cards, and they really just have a large variety. The facility is a little bit older and it shows some age, but other than that it’s well kept, clean, and it’s like a country club for lunch and dinner. They have tablecloths and waiters and it just makes you feel like you’re a person. One of the reasons that I chose this place for her was because she could start off in independent living and could go from there throughout her life and the price started out pretty low. I would recommend them.

The dining experience is amazing

I am so thankful that A Place for Mom referred us to this facility. My Grandmother really loves it here and she is doing very well. All of the staff members are super friendly and nice. I can’t get over how helpful everyone is here. She loves the food and the dining experience is amazing. They serve two meals a day. The community also has housekeeping that comes in weekly and they change the bed linens as well. They have a lot of activities and my Grandma likes playing bingo and cards. It really has been a great move for her. I would highly recommend this facility.

Just not the right fit

I was able to stay here for 2 days to see if this was a good fit for me or not. The community was clean and the food was good. The staff was nice and everything well maintained on the grounds. But after staying I just decided it wasn't a good fit the residents there just needed more care. And I'm very independent and didn't need as much assistance. It was a very lovely community.

Dad's Care

My father is happy with the care at this community. The staff are very responsive to his needs. They make sure that he is happy and they make sure that things are fixed when needed. The community is clean and maintained. We do recommend this community for the many options and value for care.

My home community

I like this community for the cleanliness and the wonderful staff. The menu is good and I like the options on the menu. They offer a lot of activities and I like being able to participate. I feel comfortable with the care and I have recommended others to this community for a good place to feel at home.

A tour

I liked this community when I visited. The person I toured with was friendly. The community seems to offer some nice amenities. This would have been one of top choices if we had stayed in the area.

Mom's Great Care

We are happy with the care from this community. The community is nice, but they need some little clean adjustments. The menu is good and they have the menu. The activities are wonderful and she likes participating and with that other would join in and participate. We would highly recommend this community for other families.

A nice community for mom's needs

This is a nice community. My mom loved being in this community for the great care that was needed. The staff was caring and very helpful. We like that they had good care takers. The menu was outstanding with all the meals. We liked that they were keeping us informed. We liked that they cleaned the rooms quite often. The rooms offer a nice view. We would recommend the nice care and value for others.

Expensive living!!

I had recently made the move into this community and I have to say that it was not my favorite out of all the ones I had looked at. I thought the price was very high for what they had to offer. I had toured other facilities that where a lot nicer and had more to offer for cheaper. I did not like the down stairs restroom, I thought it was old and needed to be updated. All of the walls as well as the carpet was outdated and needed to be redone. The dinning room was very small and too cramped for all of the residents they had.

Feels like home!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this place for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a very clean property with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. If my mom ends up needing more than what home health care can provide she will move into this community.

The Best Place For Me

I really love it and I have been very very pleased. It is a good fit and I have no complaints in the Independent side. The food is wonderful and they do anything to be receptive to anything or changes that one would like. Saturdays they we have a special dinner and wine. The transportation does not take you far. If you need personal care or room services, I find it quite high for the price. I am really enjoying the people, they are really nice. All the staff are very, very pleasant and welcomed. I was able to fit in right away. My apartment is nice and there is a pool too.

This is where we have decided to place my father. The facility had everything we (and he) wanted. We felt is was the best value for the condition of the room and its size (one bedroom) and the fact that if he transitioned from independent living to assisted living, he didn't have to move from one unit to another.

Nice facility!!

I have no complaints of how my tour went of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions my husband and I had for them in detail. They had a nice floor plan that was easy to navigate as well as other great amenities. Overall it was a great place and I would recommend them to anyone.

A nice community

This community looked a little dated when we visited, however it did look clean. We liked the activities they offer. This community seemed to lean more towards independent living and we were looking for assisted living. I have recommended to people to take a look at this community to see if it would work for them.

Very Impressed!

I am very impressed with this facility! I hurt my back within the first few days of arriving at the facility, and I was very impressed by the doctor that came and helped me. I am extremely happy with the staff and the cleanliness of the facility as well. The day meals are quite good, but I am not too fond of the dinners in particular because they put a little too much sauce on the food, but the vegetables are delicious. Overall, I am pleased with my stay!

Physical Therapy Is On Site Too

My dad does not like the meals so he makes his own meals. They have the resident sit with other people but he does not like that experience. He likes the apartment and the kitchen so he can make what he wants. He likes going on the bus,to get air, it takes him to places. Overall he likes the community and I would recommend them to my own family. They have physical therapy onsite. He really needs it and has improved a lot with their help. It has helped his health and mental well being.

Big problems here

I just moved my mom out of there. The place has gone downhill and I would not recommend this place for anyone. 11 mice caught in her room in less than 24 hours this spring. Wedding ring and money [Removed] from her room. Backed up plumbing in her room that was caused down the hall and took maintenance the next day to even look at. [Removed] their administrator don't care about the elderly and loves to say if you don't like it you can move. Please don't subject your loved ones to living here until they get rid of [Removed] and clean this place up. It could be a nice place

A good tour!

I took a tour of Brookdale Springs Mesa. The facility was clean in maintained well. When we arrived, the tour guide was on time and ready to gives us information. It was a good experience but not the best for fit my loved one at the moment.

We toured this community. We did not like the cleanliness of this community. They did not have a lot of things needed in the rooms. There were extra charges. We did like this community. The staff was nice. This community needs to have more accommodations for needs in the rooms and the restrooms. I would recommend this community for other families.

Care and Value

I toured this community for the care of my father. The staff is nice and professional. They were able to inform me of all the options offered. The menu was nice. They had a nice active list to choose for good care for a loved one. They do charge for extra services that we would have to look for that might be unexpected.

Mother is happy!!

The Brookdale Springs Mesa has been a positive experience for my mother so far. The place is clean and the apartment she is in is comfortable for her. She is happy with the melas that they provide and is really enjoying all of the activities.

So far so good...

The staff at the Brookdale Springs Mesa have been very friendly and welcoming to my mother. The place is kept very clean and we are comfortable with the care she is receiving there.

My dad's Care

My dad enjoyed alot of the things at the community. The dining and the activities were very good. We were not happy to see that they did not have someone who had the medical supplies to take care of health condition when it was needed. They could not give medical advice or treatment. On a day to day situation it is a great place. The staff is very nice and the community is clean, but we wanted to know he would have emergency treatment if needed.

good feelings

After looking at three other assisted living places in the east valley we were very impressed with Brookdale Springs. After visiting each of the four on four different days our family sat down and discussed each one. It was unanimous that this was the place and our Mom really likes it here. Her health has improved because of a regular diet and exercise and interaction with other residents.

The Community Is Good So Far

Mom is still transitioning into this place but it is going good. The community has caring staff that keep Mom safe. She is still getting use to her meal choices but she has found some things she likes. My mom has tried bingo and social hour. I feel that some of the common areas could be more cleaner but overall it is not bad.

Very pleased.

I know that everyone is very friendly, once they meet you they call you by name. They are very responsive if you have a call or concern. They want to take care of you. She loves the food she thinks it's wonderful. Before we moved in, we found a few things and they took care of them right away. They helped me make it complete and perfect in every way. I liked the swimming pool, and the browns, it was a good fit for my mom. She does the water aerobics, and happy hour, the craft hour, and they have ice cream socials.

My Brother In Law Loves It

My bother in law loves the community. He said this community fits all his needs. We are very pleased with everything the community have done for us. The community is very well-kept, but I would say the building could use a face life, it looks a little out dated. The staff is wonderful and the dining room staff is great as well. There are many activities for him to participate in. The food is good, he loves the meals. We are very confident about the care he is receiving. I would definitely recommend this community.

Everyone Has Really Gone Out Their Way

My aunt is doing quite well at this community, considering the fact my uncle passed away. This community has wonderful people. Everyone really goes out their way to help you. They keep the community very clean and everything looks nice. The staff is really great, they have really gone out above my expectations. There do offer great activities for the residents when they are to participate. The meals are great, I tired a few meals and the food was excellent. The residents are very welcoming. I would recommend it.

Far better than we expected

As kids, we found Brookdale Springs for our father. We love the facility. It is far and above what we expected.

Dad is currently living alone in his home. He's dragging his feet a little on getting moved in. He's concerned about losing his friends, neighbors and home of 60 years. Change can be really hard, but we feel he will fall in love once he gets moved in and involved with activities and other residents.

Some Improvements

I think that they could probably improve on keeping their floors a little bit cleaner. Also I definitely think that all of the staff members working at the Brookdale Springs Mesa could be a little more attentive.

short staffed

We really like Brookdale Springs Mesa. They are short staffed with their caregivers. That would be the only negative. The only other thing is in the common areas some of the furniture needs updating. They have a have a really old TV and furniture. It just needs updating. Other than that it is good. The caregivers are awesome they are just stretched too thin.

A fantastic Place

I looked for a very long time to find the right place for my mom....Brookdale Springs of East Mesa was recommended by "A Place for Mom" Brookdale Springs of EastMesa is an amazing place!..The staff are extremely friendly and the people living there are very happy to be there...I highly recommend going there and visiting with Lisa Marchetta...She listens intently and will find the perfect place for your mom or dad or aunt or uncle, etc...Brookdale Springs of East Meas should be very proud for having a person like Lisa Marchetta working there...I recommend this place to anyony..In fact my mother-in-law is considering moving into the facility because of how much we like the place...please check this place out..I know you will like it!!

Exceeds expecations

I already have told many people that I am so, so pleased that we found this place. It more than exceeds my expectations. The food is excellent. The staff is wonderful.

Mom does seem really happy at this facility

The only thing I would say that needs improving at Brookdale Springs Mesa is the timeliness of any maintenance that needs to get done. That is the main complaint that we have. I love that they offer activities here. The staff take the residents out shopping and for dinners. Mom does seem really happy at this facility.

Very Positive Experience

It has been a very positive experience. My mother is really happy there. She has been enjoying getting her meals and they have been good quality meals too. Also, she is eating well there and is very healthy.

Fantastic Staff

The administrators are both fantastic. They went out of there way to let us see the rooms, and everything we have need they met and did it with a smile on their face. They have done their job extremely well.

Things are going great.

Things are going great. They are really nice, she loves the food, they serve meals three times a day and the help. She likes the activities, and she takes advantage of all of them. We chose them because they seemed to be more attentive when we toured. The marketing person who toured us knew everyone by their first name, and were so patient and kind with the residents. It was so nice.

An adjustment for the whole Family

Once my dad adjusted to his new surroundings things settled down and got much better. This time of adjustment was challenging and we managed to get everything I.e. dining, laundry, assisted activities on a schedule that worked. We are now looking forward to the future and a better lifestyle for dad in a safe surrounding and activities to keep him occupied.

No Complaints!

My sister is happy here no complaints, the facility is kept clean and the staff is friendly. We are very please with our choice and would recommend it to anyone. Everything is fine and don't have any issues.

The staff made my parents feel really welcoming like home. The had a bunch of activities and the friendliness is all the time. I would say this is a good place for your loved one to go its very comfortable atmosphere.

really good in ways, can improve in others

Lisa, the manager, is awesome! She has been really good at reaching out to me and to the residents, trying to get to know everyone and getting everyone to know each other. Some of the residents are not as social as mom would like though.

One area I am not entirely happy with is the activities. They have drinks and music going, but not a lot of the sort of activities I think my mom would enjoy, plus it is hard for her to get to the activities. They seem to be geared more towards partying type people. Her exercise seems to be really good, but other than that their activities could really improve.

It is really a pretty facility, and her room is really nice. Looking out the window it's beautiful. There is a lot to commend the place for, but a few areas for improvement as well.

Very Wonderful Facility

Allows dad to be apart of the community and drops him off at church and pick him up. Cannot give a negative rating.

The place is great.

Needed help moving , but the only assistance moving they gave was a kitchen cart. All other areas were great. I referred a few people there.

good so far

They have been very responsive to moms requests to fix things in the apartment, as there were a lot of things wrong when she initially moved in. Mom has only been in there about a month, so the jury is still out, but so far it has been a positive experience.

dad likes it there

Dad really likes it there at Brookdale Springs Mesa.

They did overcharge him for the second month he was in there, and I am still working to figure out why and get that cleared up.

But overall it has been a very good positive experience. It is a very nice place with very friendly staff. From the places I have looked at this place really stood out as one of the best, and dad is really happy there.

Jaimie did a great job tour...

Jaimie did a great job touring me around the facility. I feel like this one strikes a good balance between good care & affordability. On site physical & occupational therapy.

Lots of Activity

The food isn’t the greatest so that brought the value down a bit. They do provide a range of activities. Out of all the communities we checked out, we hoped this one would be the best. The food program is different – here and it leads to it being a little more expensive. The rent includes two meals a day, but if you want it delivered it’s 8 dollars and 10 dollars to have someone walk with you. All the ala carte items can get very pricey. The surroundings are really nice. Very friendly, very clean! The food has small portions and it’s a little plain.

Nice but not perfect.

The facility looks beautiful. Front desk is friendly to family.

Mom was promised a freshly painted apartment which she did not receive. The two walls that were painted were a mess, completed unprofessionally.

The laundry facilities are questionable. We were told that new washers and dryers were being installed. She has lived there for over a month and they are still in the boxes in the hallway.

Food portions , although served restaurant style are very small. Mom says she can wait for over a half hour to even get her order in.

She has thoroughly enjoyed the activities though and housekeeping dept has been great.

It's a nice size apt and I like that we can add on assisted living services as needed and she does not have to move to another part of the building like many other places we toured

Larger community. Rooms an...

Larger community. Rooms and common areas were nicely decorated. Like the pool and outdoor areas.

Opportunities for Improvement

Overall, this place is kept very clean, but there are definitely areas of improvement here. For one, the communication with the staff could use some improvement. Also, it was a very rocky start in the beginning because my loved one was pretty much left in her room with no instructions as to how things worked. There was no orientation or anything, and it took them several days to let her know what to expect.

Very nice facility. Good s...

Very nice facility. Good size units. Balconies. Pool. Jaimie very helpful.

Nice looking community

I looked into this community when I was searching for independent living options. This was a very nice looking place, but it was also very expensive. The community itself was also more spread out than I was looking for, and getting to and from the different parts of the community would have been an issue.

Better if he was more independent

I liked but its multistoried and i didn't care for that. It was very nice but it was multi storied and it would have been like staying at a hotel, my dad would have liked it if it was 5 years ago. Where he is now though, the different levels wouldn't have worked for him.

Liked the open feeling of t...

Liked the open feeling of the facility. Like the location. Appeared clean... the staff I encountered were friendly. Did not see many residents... I think they were out and about.

Diamond in the Rough

The residential walkways are a little worn down you can tell they are actually being used. It is located next to a trailer park so the exterior of the community isn’t very appealing but once on the community ground it is beautiful. The community grounds are very well maintained. They offer a good variety of food and it must be good because my mom has not complained. They have a wide variety of activities so there seems to be plenty to do. We chose The Springs because of its location and the staff really made it what it is. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating.

Brookdale Springs Mesa provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home.

Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment whil