Brookdale Apache Junction - Apache Junction, AZ

Brookdale Apache Junction - Apache Junction, AZ has yet not published prices.

[Name removed], the sales associate, was very organized, professional, & informative, & answered all of our many questions thoroughly & patiently. She introduced us to some of the staff & residents, & gave us the opportunity to speak with them & ask them questions. She & the staff we met were all courteous, friendly, clean, & knowledgeable, & seemed to enjoy working with the residents. Some of the residents were pleasantly engaged with other residents, & the ones we spoke with were very complimentary about the facility, the staff, and, most of all, the food. They all seemed happy, well-groomed, & well cared for. Brookdale Apache Junction had all the amenities, & was very nice, very clean, & well-organized, & the layout was well-planned & easy to navigate. The studios we looked at had very spacious floor-plans, were clean, & even had small kitchens. Although we were invited to try the food, we passed on it for that day, but the food we saw looked really good, the menus were well thought out & nutritional, with many choices & a lot of convenient options, the dining room was clean, & the residents we spoke with praised the food, with one saying "it was the best in town". Overall, [Name removed] made the touring experience a very pleasant one, & we believe this is the nicest senior living facility in Apache Junction, AZ.

It was a nice facility. My initial thinking is that it is not quite the place for my mom. It seemed that it was geared toward people with more mobility that my mom.

If you are really still an active senior this is the place Out of all the Brookdales it was the nicest.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and It was OK I got introduced to one person then passed off to 2 more ladies for the tour. It just seemed not organized at all. I had to wait like 20 minutes to even look at a room. The rooms were nice but it was way to big for my dad. It was a 2 story building and it felt like a hospital setting.

Disappointment

My friend who stayed here for a short period of time, her experience was terrible according to her. It was mostly towards the staff and how the management handled certain situations. Her housekeeping was not cleaning properly. Per the service that we paid for she is to clean the unit that my friend was in for 30 min. She would only be in there for maybe 10min. My friend would complain to the staff and management and say that she is not cleaning properly, but they wouldn’t believe her. It has gone to the point where staff is saying that she complains a lot and spreading rumors about her. Even the construction workers would act rudely to her. Again, when bringing this to the attention of the manager he would just say something like “Oh, my employees would never say that”. This caused major stress to my friend and if she were to press her button for assistance, staff would either take their time to get to her or not show up at all. I felt like the manager could have handled it a lot better to have done something to satisfy her in trying to make her stay. He didn’t work anything out which was my disappointment.

Worst

Horrible place, DO NOT go here, they lure you in the door with false information and once your moved in or you have moved your family member in they start ripping you off with hidden charges. Then they tell you that you need to move out because they were caught and called out on things. The cleaning staff lie to the residence. They say they responded to a call button help in 3 mins but for real they took 15+ mins to get to the room. Then they don't want to tell you who is in charge. When you file a complaint they DO retaliate against the resident. Do not go here. save your money and go somewhere safer and more trust worthy. Not every person here is bad but I will NOT trust anyone here anymore! Liars, untrustworthy, unsafe. A complaint has already been filed with BBB and a few other agencies.

Very pleasant

My mother has been here for a short amount of time but both her and myself are happy with it. I haven’t met a staff member that I do not like they all seem very friendly and helpful. My brother and I had a Thanksgiving dinner with her last week and they food seems to be very good. Every month residents receive a newsletter with activities that are being provided that they can participate in. The staff also helps residents that try to organize certain met up groups of their own with similar interests. The staff as well as the residents seems very pleasant and I would recommend this location to families that are looking for a place for their loved ones.

My visit

This is a nice looking community. The people I met during my tour were nice. This community has a pool and they allow pets.

Food needs improvement!!

My husband and I have recently made the move into this community and has been difficult for us to get adjusted. The staff seem to be okay but there has not been very much interaction between us since we moved in. The meals are something that really need improvement on. They are not the best quality and could use a lot more variety in there selection. I am hoping to see some changes in the future with the overall place.

Good Experience Overall

My mother is doing well in this community. She is receiving great care, and I'am satisfied. Everyone has been very kind, and helpful. The community looks great, and very well-kept. It has been a lovely experience overall.

Nice Place, Unauthorzied fees

Staff and residents are very friendly and courteous. Food is good and appealing to the eye. However, if you place a family member with Brookdale, watch the billing very closely. Since placing my mom at Brookdale Apache Junction, I have been charged for services not provided, with no explanation for what the charges are. I am still trying to get them reversed, which has caused late fees to accrue (they did reverse the late fees). Also, not told by anyone at any of the meeting I had nor is it outlined in the contact (I couldn't find any mention) because my mom was on oxygen there would be an additional charge of $149.00 per month. This is being called a storage & maintenance fee even through it is in her room and delivered by outside company. They touch nothing. Will continue to work with them on the unanswered fees

Very nice facility. Clean and inviting. Staff very warm and caring. Would recommend.

Extremely Satisfied With The Care They Are Providing

My mother is doing good here at this community. I'am extremely satisfied with the care they are providing her with. This is a lovely community with very kind people. They keep the community very nice and clean, everything looks great when I visit. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and nice. The meals are excellent, the food is very good. I know she is safe and in good hands here at this community. This is a great place.

Wonderful Caregivers

Brookdale is a wonderful place for your loved ones. Our dad is so happy. This makes us all know we made the right decision.

Nice Community

Brookdale Apache Junction community is a nice place, very clean, staff is friendly and very accommodating. They have a monthly garage sale for the residents. They also have bingo. The food is really delicious at well and they accommodate her food needs. There was an accident involving my mother-in-law and I was not happy with the way it was handled.

Above and Beyond

This place is amazing! I work for Brookdale in Gilbert and my grandparents just moved into this community. They really welcomed them and were very helpful with all concerns. As a Team member I know what is protocol and what is going above and beyond. I did not tell anyone that my Grandparents were looking into this community because I wanted to know what the ugly truth was. Grandma came back and said that everyone there was so kind and stopped to talk to her. She was pleased with how well the place was kept and how hard everyone worked make this difficult decision a little easier. Working in this field gives me the upper hand, however this community has clearly gone above and beyond even what my high expectations are. Thank you Brookdale Apache Junction!!

A Pretty Good Community

This is a really nice community, it is still taking my mother a while to adjust to the move. She is doing pretty well and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. We have no complaints about this community, they have been great with all the help. They are encouraging her to be more active in the community. We are pleased with this community.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they seemed to genuinely care for my loved one.

Well run

If you have an issue or a question, they address it pretty quickly and they are very accommodating. The staff is caring and professional. The facility is clean and fresh smelling. This seems like a pretty well run facility.

Going pretty well

Seems to be going pretty well. Any complaints I have had I brought up with them and they have addressed the issues. Thing are going great.

My Dad needs was extra and the costs really started adding up fast. No patio to sit out on. Residents had to sit out front of building along the sidewalk.

Great place to finish life's journey in a safe environment

Carol was great at showing us the facility. I was very impressed with the library and dining room. My stepfather has moved in and mom will follow shortly.

super happy

Those people there are super stellar! Amy (do not know her last name) is especially a really wonderful, very sweet to my mother. (Amy deserves a bonus!!!)

My mom was at first afraid to go there, but they have done an excellent job welcoming her in and making her feel at home. I am just super happy with the whole experience! I would highly recommend them to anybody! My mom is very picky about her food, but says the food there is really good. She is very happy! I cannot recommend them highly enough! We checked out four other facilities in this area, and they were by far the best, and so happy that we chose them!

very happy

When you walk in to Brookdale Apache Junction you are instantly impressed as the place is very well maintained, looks clean and smells clean. They decorate things very nicely, especially for the holidays. The food is also excellent. Mom has enjoyed the dining experience a lot. The receptionist and the two maintenance men have been very helpful in answering questions and going out of their way to help with things. We are very happy with them.

Where your dreams will end

Not the greatest place to live, there marketing manager makes it out to be way more than it is and she will tell you anything to get you into the place. we just moved our family member out of there because they are always raising the rent. Their executive director and their nurse never listen to the family needs or the residents, it just seems like it is always about money money money with these people. Our family member needs were not met. Half the time she would not get a tray when it was time to eat. Their nurse told me they would check her and do things for her that we were paying for, but come to find out they were not. The place is not that clean they put new carpet on the two upper floors but the main floor still looks old and ratty. There is better places to live then Horizon Bay

Favorite so far. Liked the...

Favorite so far. Liked the comfortable decor of common areas and liked the apartments - full kitchen with oven. Had a beauty salon. Lot of residents out and about visiting and participating in activities. Good cost.

The Best Place for Great Care

Our experience with Horizon Bay was awesome. We were all treated with respect and as if we were part of their family. Everyone made us feel as if they had known us all our lives. So caring and sympathetic to our special needs.
I would highly recommend Horizon Bay.

Nice People but Understaffed

My parents were there for 5 years. I wouldn't really recommend it. We found that place because it was close to my sister and we were in a crisis situation. They just don't have adequate staffing for care, if you need care. I wouldn't say it's super clean either. There were stains on the floor but the people were nice. My dad had to get the highest level of care. The caregivers were very nice it's just that if you need care you're not going to get the care you need. My dad got adequate care because my mom was hounding them. It's half the cost of the place my mom is now. You get what you pay for.

Great place for my mother

This is a good place with great staff. Dana Riggs, Sales Mgr is a hoot and truly loves her job and the facility. All the care givers are helpful and show people the respect the deserve. I enjoy this facility for the atmosphere and the location to our family. They help monitor my mom since she has 24x7 oxygen needs and medical issues that prevent her from living by herself. It's difficult for her being younger than the rest of the residence, but she has steadily been making friends. I give HB 4.5 stars simply because the carpet needs repaired/replaced in some of the common areas.

Friendly and Informative Staff

While we were touring here they had activities going on. The staff was really friendly. They were very informative and very friendly. They offer a dining time of 7 am to 7 pm and provide a menu you can order from with servers and everything.

Lovely community. Nice bright units. ...

Lovely community. Nice bright units. But prefer units with decks. Nice SW decor

this was a very nice place also, and ...

this was a very nice place also, and the pricing seems to fit ok for Mom, however, we still want to keep our options open.

Brookdale provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.