• Memory Care Services
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Medication Reminders
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs

Very Satisfied With This Community

My father is doing very well with his move to this community. This was good move for him, and his needs. I do feel comfortable with his move to this facility. This is beautiful, and they do a great job with cleanliness around the community. The staff is very helpful, and the administration is very helpful as well. He is pleased with the meals they provide. They have two wonderful activities directors in this facility, and they provide wonderful activities for the residents. We are pleased with everything they have done for our family, and I would definitely recommend this community.

David Downey

On behalf of our staff I would like to thank you for your kind comments. We are all very pleased that your Dad has had a positive transition. We will continue to everything we can to make him comfortable in his new home.

Dave Downey

you won't get what you pay for

The residents pay a lot of money to live here, and yet the budget for their food is only 6.75/day per person. The level of care is not what it should be for the price the residents are paying. They deserve better.

David Downey

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts; we are sorry to hear that you may have been disappointed. It is our goal each day to provide the highest quality care and service and to provide for the best quality of life possible for all of our Saybrook at Haddam family. We are most interested in learning more about your concerns and how we have not met your expectations. Please contact our community Executive Director to share your concerns and thoughts on how we might do better- we hope to be able to exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you.

Impressed

We were very impressed with our tour. The folks living there seemed happy and relaxed. The staff (especially Dave Downey) were kind and very knowledgable. The building actually smelled nice and the food, served w/ wine, also smelled great. The cost, although high, was about the same as mom's place in NY.

Not second guessing my choice

Overall, I think it's a very nice facility, I think the care is okay, it's hard for me to really assess because I'm not there very often. I can say that she gets her medcation very well everyday, but I don't know how frequently the nursing staff or the doctor sees her. When I ask my sister, the kind of answers I'm getting from her aren't very clear. She's a very private person and very selective on what she does. She had been in a place in New York before so she had the experience of what a facility is like and I think this facility is superior from a phsyical standpoint. The building is beauitful, well maintained, the activities they have are quite comparable to what they had in New York, she would say "they're all the same" but she's quite ciritcal. I don't think I could satisfy her wherever I put her, I'm never going to get her to say "this is wonderful," but as far as I'm concerned, you can't get a better value in this area.

More Personalized Care.

It is a very nice place. Really clean with no foul odors. I like the fact that it’s smaller than other places with more personalized care. Mom gets the one on one treatment and attention that she needs and the other people look happy as well. The grounds outside are under repair, they are redoing them and making the grounds bigger. The food is fair; mom likes some of the food and others not so much. I wish that they would have a better selection of meals. The people are very pleasant and nice. The only drawback is that they don’t have much of a choice when it comes to activities for people that have pore eyesight.

gorgeous in every way.

gorgeous in every way.

This is a wonderful place & I would r...

This is a wonderful place & I would refer it to anyone. The people were so friendly & the food was good. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour.

The Saybrook at Haddam is a warm and gracious assisted living and retirement community with 72 bright and spacious one- and two- bedroom apartments, located in the Connecticut River Valley.

A terrific value for independent seniors, we offer chef-prepared meals, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation, activities and social opportunities daily, exercise and wellness programs, maintenance of building and grounds, 24-hour emergency call system, and daily medication monitoring (if needed).

Our state-licensed Assisted Living Services Agency provides seniors with additional assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, as well as assistance with personal and household tasks; includes weekly laundry service, monitoring of mealtime needs, daily medication monitoring (if needed).

We also offer enhanced assisted living services to provide a greater level of aid with activities of daily living. Residents are able to choose their level of care – which can be changed as their needs change. All care plans are personalized and developed by our team of registered, licensed nurses.