Crescent Point At Niantic - Niantic, CT

Not a good fit

My mom was in Crescent Point, moved in from another assisted living because of the level of care she needed, and they are the only option in this area that said they could provide what she needed.

The other facility was a thousand times better and right down the road. The nursing staff at Crescent Point is unapproachable and they do not take any responsibility for miscommunications or errors.

I wouldn't recommend going to this place if you have a loved one in need of extra care. They say the can provide it but it is fair at best.

[Removed] was very very helpful. No openings at this time. Smaller units however like there level of care they offer.

They do not work well with care teams and elder planners.

Visited to organize a meeting with the staff member responsible for discharges, as I am a senior manager for a Home Care agency and aside from providing lists of services to businesses like this one, I keep a log of rehabs, nursing homes, etc to help in elder care planning with clients who live in New London and Lower Middlesex counties. While the receptionist was wonderful in helping me, a short, white-short haired woman rudely shooed me away as wasting their time, although she was not at all included in the conversation. She told me if I was worth their time, they'll call me. It was disgusting. I will most certainly not be recommending this facility to my clients, as clearly they do not work well with elder care planners and this isn't the type of attitude any elder would need in their time of great need. I pride myself in providing the best locations for my clients to recover in, this one's attitude is the worst in the New London County and as an elder planner- I can only say A V O I D it.

Wonderful option!

I almost chose Crescent point for my mother. Everyone was so professional and the community was clean. I liked the overall ambiance there and they seemed adequately staffed when I toured. They seem to be well established and have it together. The reason I did not chose Crescent point is the location, it was much farther than I would have preferred.

A nice community.

The staff at this community are hands on. The community is clean and well maintained. There are a few things we are working with them on to improve.

Nice staff!!

During my tour of the Crescent Point At Niantic, I met the nurses and the staff. The place was nice and clean. The tour guide was very friendly and took me around the entire building. We chose another community because of location, but this was a good option.

Husband is In Good Hands

My husband is doing pretty well at this community. They are caring for him and his needs very well. The staff is very nice and helpful. It is a nice safe community, the staff is very kind also. I've had one issue with the laundry services, but things have since improved. There are activities offered for the residents. I had lunch with him one time, and the food was nice. It has been a good experience. I know he is safe, and this is a community I would recommend.

Kind to Us

This is a pleasant community, and my tour of it went very well. The tour guide we had was kind and knowledgeable. From what we saw the community looked nice. Everything appeared to be very well-kept. They were very kind to family and myself.

Everything is Going Well

My mother is doing very well here at this community. They are caring for her and her needs. This is a good community, and everything is working out very well. I'am pleased with the care, and everything they have done for us.

A comfortable place

My Mom moved into the Memory Care area two months ago. I was impressed by the courtesies extended to us immediately. My Mom's her own woman, knows her likes and dislikes and communicates those very well. Despite her initial hesitancy about moving into a new community, she has settled in and has made a number of friends there. The staff has been quite helpful, calling whenever any question arises or if they feel I might like to know something. I appreciate the attentiveness and care that is shown by the care staff as well as the back office folks.

Professional

My wife is in one of the dementia units. Since she has been there only a few days, this is a first-impression review. I am most impressed with the extent of the staffing and its all around professionalism. They all have in addition an important attention to details.

A Great Place To Live

This community has excellant care. and the meals are very good. When brought in not able to walk and now able to walk with a walker due to the staff giving great care. The meals were very good. Community was kept very clean at all time. Very happy with the care, but alittle costly. Over all extremely happy.

Very nice place to live

The people working there are always friendly and caring. The room always is clean, and laundry is done. Never had problem getting things tha break fixed. No complaints of care of my father, and there always is activities going on to participate in. The biggest hurdle is paying community fees and first months rent to move in, which amounted to [removed] and [removed] reactively. The monthly total rent which includes care can also be high.

The staff works really well

So far I have been pleased with Crescent Point At Niantic. The staff works really well with all the residents that are there. She has only been there a couple months and I have no complaints at this point.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Nice place, not a great fit for us

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Crescent Point at Niantic seemed like a nice place overall, but I don't know that it would have been a good fit for my loved one. It was clean and well decorated, but felt a bit like a hotel and seemed too formal for my Dad. The community was also mostly women, and think he would have more comfortable somewhere with a few more men to socialize with.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your comments. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Review

Maureen Cunningham with a Place for Mom was so helpful in discussing the various options available. She is your MVP. Once directed to multiple options we ended up with CP and Scott Savoie, who was then very helpful in quickly getting me the information and pricing I needed to make a decision. Doing this long distance (a brother in Niatic area to view facility) was challenging, but Scott made it easy. The transition was prompt and handled well by your entire team. As of this writing everything seems to be going well.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Crecent Point is a complete rip off

A huge mispresentation of facts, poor service and bad food is my experience at Crescent Point.

My 85 year old father was walking on his own, driving and articulate in all ways prior to him moving into Crescent Point. My family was outright lied to and today after his fall while being transported by the repairman at Crescent Point he can't walk on his own and is confined to a wheel chair. The shower never worked in his room and I complained several times to no avail. They will say anything to get you to select Crescent Point, in fact they promised to transport my dad to his girlfirend's home three times a week and they never did once. An aide yelled at him in the dining room when he was incontinent. If you have any issues they have a thousand excuses and alway circle back and will blame your family member as being confused, ect. I have several emails where I complained about the same thing and they never did anything.

We were told that they have a full nursing staff, but they don't. At night there are no nurses. After my dad fell and they brought him back to his room, the nurse called me at 8 o'clock and told me that my dad was in distress and that I had to make a decision to send him to the hospital or that she was going home. FIRST TIME I HEARD that there wasn't a round the clock nursing staff.

This place should be SHUT DOWN. I filing a complaint with the Connecticut Department of Social Service for Elder Abuse.

Fact: When you take out your loved one out at night and just bringing them back to Crescent Point it will take you a get 15 minutes to ring a bell before the aide comes back to open the door and let you in...absoulutely crazy.

My Dad lost considerable weight while his at Crescent ....the food was horrible.

I do not reccommend Crescent point and am moving on to letigation.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. We welcome further discussion with you as individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please call the Executive Director immediately at [removed] so that we can address your concerns.

Wonderful place, friendly people!

Crescent Point has done a fabulous job so far, we're very pleased with them! The facility itself is beautiful, and all of the staff we have worked with have been so helpful and friendly. They really were helpful throughout the whole process. We picked a move date that was a bit after we signed the paperwork, and they encouraged us to bring her to the community for visits in the meantime, so she could meet the staff and the other residents, have a few meals, and participate in some activities just to get used to things! By the time she moved in she had already met the whole staff and already had a few friends! Any time we have visited her since she moved in the place has looked uniformly fantastic. They don't just dress it up if they know they're having visitors, they keep it looking good all the time.
I would highly recommend them!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact us ([removed]) if you or your family ever need anything.

Would not recommend this place

We did not have a great experience with Crescent Point. We had a lot of difficulty regarding communication, we never felt like we were kept in the loop and if we didn't live nearby would have felt completely in the dark about how things were going with our loved one. And their a la carte pricing structure meant that the cost of our loved ones memory care skyrocketed, far beyond what we were expecting. We ended up moving to another facility which has been working out much better for us.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

Review of Crescent Point in Niantic, CT

My spouse has been in the memory care unit for nearly three years. I am completely satisfied with the care she has received. I have always found the entire staff that supports the facility to be very caring, easy to work with, knowledgeable and competent. The patients are well cared for in a very compassionate way. the facility is always neat, clean and attractive.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Wish i Knew Back Then What I Know Now

My mother has been at Crescent Point for the past 18 months. From the beginning, communication with staff has been terrible. With the exception of the nursing staff, the only time we've received communication is when her bill is due or they want to upgrade her "Plan of Care" which in turns raises her monthly costs.

I moved my mother here hoping she'd be more active than at home, but that has not been the case. She has deteriorated much in the past year in the Alzheimer wing compared to what she had been in my care at home for 6 years.

Crescent Point I feel is great if your loved one doesn't need much care and is pretty independent. Otherwise, I feel there are other places just as well qualified and not as costly.

Crescent Point Review

In general very satisfied. Most of the issue encountered following move in were related to getting settled in and getting used to the CP schedule ([removed] meal times are early). The staff has gone out of their way to make sure that my loved ones are getting acclimate to the community and taking advantage of the what CP has to offer. So far very happy with decision to move to CP.

My husband and I both loved it! We c...

My husband and I both loved it! We can see ourselves here some day. Very sunny and bright. Love all the little alcoves with chairs overlooking the patios and downtown. Love the country kitchen and dining areas. Really feels homey and friendly. I'm already planning how to decorate for mom :-)

Exceptional assisted living services in a residential living environment is the cornerstone of Crescent Point at Niantic. Crescent Point captures the spirit of village convenience and accessibility while embracing the neighborhood feel of a front porch and good friends. While the environment is spectacular, open and inviting, we believe it is the people who make the difference here. Our team of compassionate, experienced employees has one mission - to provide quality service to Seniors and their families every day.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Crescent Point at Niantic offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a cari