The Village at South Farms - Middletown, CT

A comfortable feeling

The nurses are pleasant and attend to mom nicely. Mom enjoys the social activities and attending mass. She has a nice apartment like a home away from home. She seems to like the food and they do offer some variety. She had made friends. There is a salon and a doctor on site. She is able to see a dentist here. They keep the community looking great. It feels like home when you walk in and I would recommend it.

Couldn't ask for more

Everyone at the Village at South Farms has been gracious and helpful from the very first time we stepped through the doors. The place is always kept spotless and the food is much better than I ever expected. The director and staff have always been there for any questions and concerns I have had. I know that they consider it more than a job, it seems to be a passion.

My mom is now safe and happy which has given me an amazing amount of peace of mind.

I love the Village at South Farms.

Hats off to South Farms

My mother has been a resident at South Farms for the past few years.The staff have been sensational in her daily care.She now has been able to take weekly bus rides and enjoys the various activities that are provided daily.Not only are their employees top rated but the facility itself is always in "tip top" shape.

Nothing is perfect but The Village comes real close

We interviewed at the Village and my mother enjoyed the visit but questioned herself living there, she was a very independent woman (she thought). As things happened she fell in her apartment again and finally the Dr. in the hospital said he would not release her unless she had a care giver or a facility where she could live, We chose to place her in the Village - she was not very happy - but staff members worked with her and she now knows most of the staff by name is involved in most activities attends most socials and has a great time. She enjoys the care givers and they enjoy her the only complaint she has is with herself - "if only I could walk better i'd be out dancing she say". You could not ask for a nicer, more friendly, considerate, helpful staff with her and with us as visitors there is always a smile on most faces and lots of happiness being spread around by staff members. Could not have found a nicer facility for mom.

The Village Delivers

The Village at South Farms has been home to our parents for three years. While leaving the family home of many years was highly stressful, the staff welcomed them warmly and wrapped them in skilled, compassionate care that invited our folks to see their new apartment and surroundings as home.
The environment inside and out is remarkably clean and well kept. The food and activities are well-above average and wisely aimed toward the comfort & familiarity of the residents.
Additionally, we discovered The Village offers an attribute that is less tangible. Within its walls, one finds joy... Ice cream, live music, unexpected small kindnesses & laughter...no small thing.

Stay far away!!

This senior living home looks nice on the outside but is a terrible place to live!! I personally know of someone who lived here and had a terrible experience. The other positive reviews must come from the employees! Not only is living here expensive but you will not be treated with respect- I would recommend anyone looking for a home for their grandparents or mother/father to look elsewhere! The staff working here are nothing but a bunch of liars just looking to take your money. I will make sure to tell everyone I know not to live here.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one, although it was on the more expensive end of things.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Your opinion is very important to us. Please contact us ([removed]) if we can ever be of assistance to you and yours.

Very nice and very accommodating

They are very nice. They are very accommodating. We had some bumps on the road but they were willing to work with us. It's a beautiful facility. It has been a wonderful experience. Out of all the places we toured, this was the best alternative. My mother is still adjusting but so far so good. I would recommend this facility to anyone searching for a place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing! If there is anything we can do to assist, please feel free to reach out to us at [removed].

very caring and accommodating

Initially both my mom and dad were going to move into The Village at South Farms, but unfortunately my mother passed in the interim. The people there were very caring and accommodating. We are very pleased with the place and would highly recommend The Village at South Farms to anyone.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! If there ever is anything we can do for you and your family, please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed].

Nice Looking Community

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have been very attentive.I thought this was a very nice looking community! It was clean, well kept, and everyone seemed very friendly.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experience! Please feel free to contact us at [removed] if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

They were clean and friendly

We moved mom in here. It didn't go great. It wasn't anything that The Village at South Farms did or didn't do. They were clean and friendly and all of that. I just don't think it was the right fit for my mom. I'm not sure anywhere is. She just wasn't happy.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

The staff really cares about the people I would recommend south farms again

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! If there ever is anything we can do for you and your family, please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director. ([removed])

Real "Care" for your loved ones; there is Nothing that Could Be More Important

Originally, we had my mother at home with "caregivers," one Mon - Thur. & the other Fri - Sun. How well they kept the house and prepared her meals is "debatable," but they were totally unequipped to handle my Mom's Alzheimer's disease. She would call my husband and I late in the evening hysterically crying and saying she wanted to be with us right then and there. We also found that some very expensive, personal items of hers were missing; since Alzheimer's patients tend to hide things, there is no proof that my mother did not lose them somewhere but we don't believe that is what happened to them. In our heart of hearts we feel quite sure they were stolen. It was initially hard for my mother to adjust to Harbor 1 at The Village (I would say it took her a good three weeks before she even started feeling comfortable there), but I am happy to say she has now been at The Village for just about a year and I cannot stop singing the wonderful praises for The village at South Farms! Their caring staff is the first thing that comes to my mind; you can see the "genuine love" they have for the members who live there. It was also a little difficult to adjust to "a routine" of how and when to visit my Mom because The Village has activities for their residents to do each hour of the day. I feel I have now become an excepted "outside member" who involves herself in the seniors' activities on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and again Saturday in the early afternoon. I have gotten to personally know (and really care for) some of the other patients in both Harbor 1 & 2. The food that is served is excellent and my mother has even made a few "friends" at The Village; she had no more friends when she was living at home because all of them (including my Dad) had passed away. When she was at home with care, her routine was getting up, having a light breakfast and perhaps watching a bit of TV...and then going back to bed until it was time to get up for dinner. Her routine now is one of involvement with the other residents, joining in on activities that stimulate her brain and make her think. You can see the pride in her face when she does answer something correctly. In closing, I would highly recommend The Village at South Farms for anyone who has a loved one with Alzheimer's. The peace of mind that you receive knowing that she is always with "professional caregivers" and a loving staff is worth so much. Your own life becomes much better knowing she is being so well taken care of.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact us at [removed] should you need anything.

Our parents live here

We have parents living at this facility. Staff are caring and friendly, the atmosphere is pleasant, the activities are varied. Most importantly, our parents enjoy it! They like their apartment, access to walking and sitting outside, and the quality of the social life.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

Didn't Care For It

I didn't care for that one. It just wasn't as nice down in that area and they had dog carriages and stuff like that around. It was more money too.

Cookie Cutter Community

It was very nice but they were a little pushy for me. They are one of those places that charges by the day. instead of by the month. It's a pretty place but it's very generic - that's a good word for it. They're like hotel rooms where everybody has the same room and they're very segregated from the general community. it is beautiful because it's fairly new but it's very cookie cutter.

I really like this facility.

I really like this facility.

very nice

very nice

The Village at South Farms is a cozy "country estate" with a panoramic valley view that our residents enjoy from the southern-style veranda overlooking its expansive lawns. Lavish gardens surround the community and provide the setting for shaded outdoor seating and walking areas. A terrace off the main dining room offers seasonal patio dining and a year-round view of the campus and the Connecticut River Valley.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at The Village at South Farms offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.