Atria Glastonbury - Glastonbury, CT

Atria Glastonbury - Glastonbury, CT has yet not published prices.

Major Room For Improvement

It has not been a good experience for my mother since her move to this community. There is major room for improvement in this community. Just the other night I had to bus the table myself, because they are under staffed. The residents with went out hot water for 2 days. I'am not pleased with this community overall.

Friendly Staff!!

My mom has recently made the move into this community and I am very pleased with how things are going for her so far. The staff are very friendly and I am very comfortable with the quality of care they are providing her. She very much enjoys the dinning room experience with the other residents during meal time. They also have a great activity program that I am impressed with.

I liked this community.

I liked this community when we took our tour. The people I met were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean. The allow pets and offer transportation services.

A terrific place!!

Mom stayed her for a short respite stay. I can not say enough about how great this community is. The staff are professional, attentive, welcoming and supportive. The food was very good and a high point for her. She participated in some of the large amount of daily activities they offer. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Good Community For My Mom

Everything is working out well for my mother here at this community. She is doing well, and I'am satisfied with her move to this community. This is a good community, and they are caring for her and her needs very well.

Mostly good, but....

My mother just moved into Mountain Laurel. Initially the marketing person and nurse were super friendly and really kind and understanding. Given it was such a stressful transition for me and mom, I really appreciated their reassurance. Creating a care plan was done a little too casually I thought, considering how much we pay for it. I don't think the nurse really did a thorough assessment. After the first weekend when my mom was kind of left alone to figure things out on her own, I stepped in and emailed the nurse. She called me and seemed a bit annoyed that I was requesting more help for mom. I patiently discussed the situation with her and we agreed to more care. I never received anything in writing. I think that would be helpful..

Brookdale mountain laurel

My mother is pleased with her surroundings and the food! The workers are very good- very attentive. My only concern is that it is very difficult to get through to my mother on the main phone. She does not have a phone in her room, due to her dementia, so it is difficult.

Friendly, accommodating staff!

My loved one has only been here a few weeks but so far our experience with Brookdale Mountain Laurel has been a very good one! The staff here is wonderful, they're just really nice people! They've been incredibly accommodating, and they get right on top of any request or suggestions you make! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they take great care of the people who live here! It is very expensive, however.

We very much liked this facility, both memory care and assisted living. The divided studio is a great option. We have decided, however to pursue another facility. There is honestly no one specific thing I can tell you caused us to lean in this direction. All of the staff was helpful and provided all of the information we asked for.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, my loved one was a bit beyond the level of care they provide here. It is definitely worth a look for those looking into assisted living, however!

Mixed experience

So far our experience with Brookdale Mountain Laurel has been somewhat of a mixed one. The facility itself is very nice, and is always well kept and clean. The aide staff are also all very friendly, and do a good job looking after the residents. However, the management are a bit less friendly, and can be hard to get in touch with. It is also very very expensive, although they can be somewhat flexible about the price and services provided, if you talk with them.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Nice place, overall

Our loved one has only been here a brief time, but so far we are pleased with our experience at Emeritus at Mount Laurel. The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff have been friendly and professional in the care that they provide. I was a bit disappointed in their post move-in follow-through. They told me they would follow up with me in 2 weeks to check in and I ended up having to be the one to schedule that meeting. I also had to remind them more than once to get them to come through on a few things they promised us during the sales process.

Nice looking community!

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. I actually toured a few different Emeritus communities, and I was impressed by the overall quality of all of their facilities that I saw. This community was well maintained, and I liked their policy about upgrading and renovating the rooms that new residents move into. I didn't end up selecting this specific Emeritus community due to location and logistics, but it was definitely somewhere I'd recommend looking into for other families.

Friendly and accommodating staff!

Things have gone well here so far! We're very pleased with the service, I'd give them high marks across the board. My loved one requires some extra attention, and they've been more than happy to work with us to accommodate her. They're open to suggestions, and always willing to bend over backwards to help.

Great Assisted Living

This had assisted living too and it would have been my second choice. It's very clean and if my mother could have been in assisted living versus memory care that would have been my first choice. They did have a floor for memory care but there were a very limited number of rooms.

Recently bought by Emeritus

It seems that Mt Laurel was recently (in the last two years) purchase by Emeritus, and this has not been a good thing. We had moved my father there on recommendation from a friend (and after touring that and other facilities, of course), but the comparison of her experience from a few years ago and today are extreme, and upsetting. While the staff are all very pleasant and cordial, the facility is clearly understaffed, and the staff that they do have is not well trained. The nursing director, who thankfully was recently let go, was absolutely useless. I believe her replacement is trying, but there has been only minimal improvement so far. Some of the nursing aides are very good, but some clearly do not care, and should be replaced. The food service is very spotty, meals are often served cold and takes up to an hour to serve. Overall, had we not been in a somewhat desperate situation (as I'm sure many families find themselves), we would have taken more time to do more research, and likely would have chosen another facility. Sadly, most around here are owned by Emeritus, and so are probably much the same.

Great tour with Jeff. The A...

Great tour with Jeff. The Alzheimer's community had lots of activities. Observed an ongoing one that was excellent. Loved the fact that the community was right next to a skilled nursing center. Price may be the only drawback. Was the highest of those visited so far.

Assisted living.

Assisted living.

Excellent facility for assisted livi...

Excellent facility for assisted living... Some what less for Indeedent living.Good care. Living space very limited. Qualifying for extra space cumbersome

We were impressed with the facility a...

We were impressed with the facility and think this might be a good option. We liked the layout of the studio apt. and the warm feeling we got when touring.

Situated just south of East Hartford, bordering Bell-Hebron Linear Park on 14 wooded acres, Atria Glastonbury is a vibrant community designed to help older people enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle – and experience greater well-being.

This inviting residence offers a selection of studio, one- and two- bedroom apartments, most with a kitchenette. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a library, arts and crafts studio, fitness center, full-service salon, and welcoming outdoor spaces such as a courtyard, patio, grill and gardens. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Glastonbury offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From yoga and painting classes to the theater group and happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.