Atria Greenridge Place - Rocky Hill, CT

Life Guidance unit is below par. This [removed] does not hire some staff that likes being there. It has not been a good experience.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. Your comments concern me and I'd like to help - can you please email me directly at [removed]? From there, I can better understand your frustrations and determine who is best suited to address them.

Michelle Eigenheer

Home for mom

Staff all very nice, make you feel at home

5 stars

I can not say enough about how wonderful this community is. Every part of the staff has everything covered. This community is medically disguised and feels like you are in a nice hotel. They assign a concierge to a new resident to help them get involved in the activities and they go to meals together. They have addressed every issue from day one. You could not find better food or care than at this community.

Atria is a lovely facility; it just did not meet our specific needs for Mom's situation at this time particularly with anticipated future care needs.

Take a look

This community looked clean when my loved ones visited. They said the person that took them on tour was nice. This seemed like a very active community. This community seemed to be geared more towards independent living.

Wonderful place just a little pricy

We were so happy and excited about this place and we still are.. they have different areas or units for different things and everything is kept so well and in pristine shape. Just a little pricy. Other than that, great place!

My father really likes the staff at the Atria and his apartment is very nice. They handle his medication management which is a huge help since he is on a lot of maintenance meds. His biggest complaint is about the food. Pasta dishes are okay or stew types of items, but any type of meat (chicken breast, steak, etc) is very tough and has no flavor (according to him). My biggest issue is the 5 - 10% increase in his basic rent every single year that he has been there. When you are budgeting for assisted living, no one tells you to budget for those types of increases which do not seem warranted in this economy. Based on the constant price increases, I'm not sure how much longer he can stay at the Atria. It's a shame there are no state regulations on companies like this which are privately owned FOR PROFIT institutions.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review. If you’d like to continue this conversation, I welcome you to reach me directly at [removed] to learn more and discuss ways to enhance yours and your father’s experience.

Friendly staff, and lots to do!

Things have gone very well at Atria Greenridge Place so far! Everything has been great, I'd give them top marks across the board. I'd rate the friendliness and activities even higher if I could, the staff are all very nice and they've got a lot going on to keep their residents entertained!

You can feel confident moving to Atria.

My Dad was at Atria in Rocky Hill, CT for only a few short months, due to his degenerative illness which ultimately resulted in nursing home care. We had hoped he could stay a much longer time, since he really loved being there.

We had a great experience with Atria from the first phone call and throughout the time Dad was living there. The process of moving in went smoothly and every questioned was answered. Atria staff is very friendly and we felt very confident moving Dad there from New York at the age of 83, where he had lived his entire life.

Again, we wish his stay could have been longer.
I, and I know my siblings, highly recommend Atria at Greenridge Place in Rocky Hill.

Not a good fit

Things didn't end up working out too well for us here. They weren't really set up to handle the care needs of our loved one. We'd gotten the okay to move him from a nursing facility to assisted living, but the specific care provided at Atria wasn't at the level we needed, and they told us quite a few of his care needs would have to be handled by the family. It looked like it might have been a nice place under different circumstances, but unfortunately it did not work out well for us.

Kate Vance

I am sorry we could not accommodate the needs of your family member at our community. It can be frustrating and disappointing when a resident’s needs exceed the services we provide. If you have any questions or concerns you would like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out via [removed] including “Atria Greenridge Place” in your subject line.

Outstanding.

Committed, caring staff. Professional, engaged management. Everyone, from the wonderful Receptionist to the Executive Director are engaged and committed to their mission at Atria. The Sales Director is every where, helping and engaging residents and their families. The staff is kind, caring and respectful. Their name tags indicate their years of service and many have been there for over 3 years. Communication is excellent with all calls and emails returned promptly. They are clearly committed to the care of our mother.

Wonderful Place!

My aunt is in the dementia unit and gets very good care! She likes it there. I didn't think she would like it but she feels at home, believe it or not. She likes the activities. She likes the bingo, goes to the entertainment in the other area when they have it, and she likes to do the crafts. She doesn't tell me everything that she does but I know she goes to birthday parties and things like that. It keeps her occupied and she likes that.

I think the staff is very good and I really like that they let her go outside. There is independence if she needs help they help her. She likes her room and everything really.

It's clean and never smells. It's a wonderful place! The just help her when she needs it. Even the doctors said she's the best they've ever seen her. She's being well taken care of!

Everything is Great!

They've done anything I've needed them to do and if I've had any special things done, they've done those things too. We looked at a few places and Atria
seemed to be the best location for my aunt. She's adjusting. It's taking her a little while but she's doing okay. She's well cared for. It's very clean and they're very nice. They're always happy to see me and they let me know about different things going on. From what I've seen everything seems to be great. They have lots of activities. They have outings that they go to and during the day they have different things for the people to do. Everything that I've seen has been great. If I have to go somewhere when I'm older, this is the place!

Standard but Nice

It was more on the lines of Emeritus that we ended up choosing in what they provided and offered. It was more of a gut feeling as to why I didn't go with Atria. There was nothing negative that made me sway one way or the other. This is a nice community.

Assisted Living Looked Great

This would have been a good assisted living option for my mother. The assisted living was great! It would have been near the top of my list. It was just a little further away. Their memory care did have a locked portion of the floor. It was beautiful but that wasn't the situation that I wanted for my mother.

At Atria Greenridge Place, you’ll enjoy all the comforts of home and just the right amount of discreet support to help you live independently. This inviting community is situated in a residential neighborhood in Rocky Hill, next to Wethersfield and Newington. You’ll find warm, friendly neighbors and a caring professional staff. In fact, many of Atria’s residents have lived at the community five or more years and the staff’s average tenure is 12 years, illustrating how Atria Greenridge Place is a great place to live and work.