The Hearth at Glastonbury - Glastonbury, CT

Extremely unhappy

If I could give to zero stars I would. The residents of this community do not receive proper care from the nursing aides. Staff is extremely rude especially the management team. I moved my mom out immediately after two months of hell. The facility has a major bedbug issue and the food is terrible. Mom is now in a new facility! I do not recommend this place. Think twice before sending your love ones to live at the hearth.

Proceed with caution

We moved my mother into the Keepsake Village, the dementia unit, about a year ago and will be moving her. There is a high staff turnover rate and many of the nurse assistants do not seem to have good training or experience in working with dementia. They often are short on staff and meal time can be chaotic. Some of the aides are wonderful but it is not consistent. The nurses are very good and the new director seems to be making good changes and there are more and better activities. Hopefully it is on a better track but we don't want to risk it. If you're parent or loved one is relatively capable then it is fine but if they require more care then I would suggest another facility.

The Hearth

I want to thank you for your review and your honest feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our community has been anything but exemplary. Your feedback is concerning to me and not in line with the high standards of care set forth by The Hearth. I would like the opportunity to sit down and discuss them in further detail. Please call [removed] when you have an opportunity so that we can work towards the best resolution for your mother. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you, Sandra Carlmark, Executive Director

Our second choice

This looked like a nice active community when I took my tour. The people I met were knowledgeable and friendly. They allow pets at this community and I think it is worth taking a look at.

The Hearth

Thank you for taking the time to visit The Hearth at Glastonbury and for writing a review. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us during your visit!

Amazing Community

I had a great tour of this community. Everybody was very kind and welcoming. My tour guide was amazing. She was very cheerful and informative. My questions were answered, and they were very knowledgeable. It was a great experience. They offer nice activities and good food. This is lovely community.

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care and are glad to hear that you had a good visit with us. Sincerely, Sandy Carlmark Executive Director

I ENJOY LIVING AT THE HEARTH

The Hearth

Hi Stuart! Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Glastonbury! We are lucky to have you as part of our Hearth family! Sincerely, Sandra Carlmark Executive Director

Highly recommend

My soon to be 92 year old father has been at Keepsake Village at The Hearth at Gkastonbury for 9 months. He and our family are very happy and satisfied with the care he is recieving there. He is happy, healthy, and safe. The staff are very caring and do a great job keeping up with all the details. I would highly recomnend this community to others whose loved ones need help in their later years.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Glastonbury! We are lucky to have you and your father as part of our Hearth family!
Sincerely,
Sandra Carlmark
Executive Director

A new home for Louise

Our Mom moved to The Hearth in Glastonbury one year ago this week and we couldn't be more thrilled with our collective decision to make this her new home. The facility is bright & cheery, the staff is friendly & very attentive to Mom and family members. The monthly calendar of events provides a wonderful variety of daily activities. The dining room offers excellent options for each meal and adapts to each individuals dietary needs. But mostly we are so pleased to see how happy Mom is. What a wonderful change in one year! Thank you.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Glastonbury! We are lucky to have you and your mother as part of our Hearth family!
Sincerely,