Middlewoods of Newington - Newington, CT

A wonderful place!

My mother-in-law has been at Middlewoods of Newington for 3 years. She entered at age 95 and is still going strong at 98! The care and quality of life at Middlewoods of Newington is second to none! All her needs are met and exceeded at this facility. Her studio apartment is cute and homey, the meals are excellent and there is something going on all the time! The staff is high quality and cannot do enough for the residents and their families. She is safe, mentally stimulated and very happy here. My wife and I have tremendous peace of mind and enjoy our visits with her and the other residents here. We would highly recommend Middlewoods of Newington for your loved one's assisted care.

Beth Bemis

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about Middlewoods of Newington. We are happy to have you as part of our Middlewoods family!

Very happy to have my mom living at Middlewoods of Newington

My mom has been at Middlewoods of Newington for a year now. It is very clean and well kept up and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and the hallways resemble a college dorm with small tables of knick knacks and seasonal decorations. My mom gets her hair, nails and pedicures done on the premises. Also on the premises is a geriatric doctor and psychiatrist, both of which my mom sees. There are activities every day and also a van that takes residents to doctor appointments, the store as well as field trips and Wii bowling competitions with other assisted living communities. There’s something for every level of care for seniors and I am very happy to have my mom living there.

Beth Bemis

We too are happy to have your mom living at Middlewoods of Newington! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We do appreciate your kind words.

Very friendly and clean and willing staff

They are friendly and very clean. The staff is very willing and very nice. My mother helps in the dining room cause she likes to work and the staff is accomadating. I like it because it was one floor which accomadates my mothers needs. And I loved that it is ran by a Christian community non profit. A cute little place with a feeling like home. Very large sitting area and visiting area. The kitchen is nice and offer cooking classes. Nice area to walk and get exercise the community is small yet feels like home.

Beth Bemis

Thank you so much for your nice comments! We love to have residents get involved in the life of the community!

Highly recommend

When my family had to find an assisted living facility for my mother coming out of rehab, we toured a few facilities in the area. Middlewoods of Newington was the one we selected because of the smaller size and more reasonable cost. We have been very happy with this choice. Mom loves it and all of the staff have been very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

Beth Bemis

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Assisted Living

They didn't accept my mother there because they didn't have enough help to care for her. They were assisted living but they thought she would be better off in memory care so it wouldn't be the right place for her.

Very Helpful

I looked at this place for my aunt and actually, my uncle had stayed there before too. That was nice. It was very convenient for him. He had a problem walking so they had moved his room to make it closer to the dining hall. That helped him out a lot and that's what you're looking for, really, is are they going to be there to help your loved one out? And they were. My uncle enjoyed his stay there.

Beth Bemis

Thank you for your feedback!

Relationship-Centered Care, the Not-For-Profit Difference

and One-Floor Living!

If you are looking for the best assisted living community in town for your older loved one, ask your neighbors and they will probably tell you one of their friends or relatives has lived and thrived at Middlewoods of Newington.  As pioneers and leaders in Relationship-Centered Care, it is part of our mission to get to know each and every resident and what is important to them in order to plan activities and health care services to meet their interests and desires.  It is equally important that we provide personalized care to meet each person’s individualized needs.  We do this by enlisting consistent caregivers to provide care packages ranging from 15-minutes once a week, all the way up to 24-hours to help our residents age in place in their home.  Our affiliation with the UCONN HEALTH CENTER provides on-site geriatric physician and psychiatry services.  Residents see their doctors at the clinic at Middlewoods of Newington.

The transition into an assisted or independent living community is more seamless when moving into a small community.  Middlewoods of Newington, with its 54 apartments, makes it easier for residents to meet new friends and find their way around the community.  One-floor living encourages ease of movement throughout the community which leads to greater socialization. We offer studio and deluxe studio apartments.

AWARD WINNING CARE, SERVICES & ACTIVITIES

We are proud of our innovative and award-winning programs and staff! Recent awards include:

~Assisted Living Federation of America’s "Champion for Seniors";

~Connecticut Assisted Living Association's "Outstanding Resident Service", "Young Leaders of the Year", and "Resident Services Program - Passport to Planetree";

~Newington Chamber of Commerce "Public Safety".

Our comprehensive activities program includes exercise classes 6 mornings a week; live musical entertainment; arts and crafts; complimentary YMCA membership; as well as cultural, intellectual, spiritual, wellness events. Monthly rent includes 3 meals/day, weekly housekeeping and laundry service, basic cable TV service, phone service (with up to $10 in free long distance calls per month) and a wellness clinic with on-site RN. We also provide 24 hour emergency response system by trained staff. Our care packages are designed so you only pay for what you get, and you get what you pay for! We don’t believe in a one-size fits all approach to providing care, each resident is unique and should be treated as such.

COME FOR A VISIT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Middlewoods of Newington is owned and operated by United Methodist Homes, a local faith-based, non-profit organization and is ideally situated within easy reach of Newington, West Hartford, New Britain, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield, Berlin and Kensington.