The Residence at Salem Woods - Salem, NH

Beautiful Place!!

I had recently taken a tour with my parents of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. It was a beautiful property with lots of great amenities for the residents and they had a two bedroom unit available that my mother was wanting. It was defiantly one of our top choices out of all the different places we had looked at but my mother just did not like the surrounding hospitals that where in the area.

Improving

Everything is new, so it takes some time to get familiar with all they offer. Was not too happy with personal hygiene.
Seems they are trying to remedy the situation.

Everyone is super helpful and cheerful. The living areas are user-friendly.

Very nice new facility. We were treated like guest with a snack and coffee plus brownies to go. We have looked at 5 facilities so far and this is our favorite.

A Nice Place But It Needs to Be More Elder Friendly

All turned out well but there are a few flaw in their services. They can improve their nursing skills and communication skills. Also help with transitioning in new residents. The architecture of building is not fully set up for elders. The doors are not easy to open with a key for me and the elders. The pendent they wear does not detect a fall. They make the elderly people put their medication in a box that is a large tackle box with a combination. It has been difficult for me with good eyes, it is not elder friendly.

Ted Doyle

We’re happy to hear that things turned out well, but are nonetheless very sorry that you are unhappy with aspects of your experience. It is never okay for our residents or their families to feel anything less than completely satisfied, which is one of the cornerstones that has made LCB’s communities successful.

We are always available and interested to hearing about and working through any issues our residents or families may be experiencing. Not only do we want to make things right with you and your family, we believe that dealing with and remedying ways in which we may have fallen short makes us better able to serve all of our residents going forward. Feel free to call our staff member, Sam, at [removed] anytime so that we can discuss this further.

Beautiful location and grounds. Very impressed with the interior, the dining room and the individual rooms were stunning. The individual rooms were very nice and spacious and I liked the layout of the facility - not lots of walking down long hallways to elevator. Staff seemed very nice and happy.

Wonderful Community

My husband moved to the Residence at Salem Woods in late April when they opened. He is in the "Reflections" community for memory impairment. We could not be happier with the change. He has bloomed in the environment with professionals that understand dementia and tailor their care to the individuals. The management and staff are like a family to us and the environment is lovely. My husband enjoys the activities and I have peace of mind that he is safe and well cared for. The food is delicious and we share a meal on holidays - I could not have had a more wonderful meal at home! I would highly recommend this community to anyone looking for independent living, assisted living or memory care.

Top Picks, Very Impressed With The Care

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything went very well, and we visited this community a couple. This was one of our top picks, it is very nice community. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The staff was knowledgeable and informative. They provide their residents with good care, and that was very important to us. We found a community that was closer to us, but this a nice community.

Nice Staff!!

The staff that i met during my tour was very informative. I really liked the community. It was very clean and had no smell to it. They have nurses on site. I really liked the activities that they offer. The meals looked good. This is a wonderful community.

The Residence at Salem Woods is a premier Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community located on a quiet, wooded parcel in Salem, New Hampshire. When you join our family, you’ll thrive in a vibrant community setting, and as importantly, your family and friends will have the comfort of knowing you are fulfilled in your new home.

The rustic, natural charm of New Hampshire is infused in this community, from the friendly, engaged associates, to the charming decor. Come see how this brand new building combines the comfort and convenience of modern the familiar hominess of beautiful vintage estate.

All of our programming is built in collaboration with the Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

Serving Salem, Londonderry, Windham, Hampstead, Derry, Atkinson, Pelham, Methuen, MA, Haverhill, MA and other fine communities.