Maplewood at Brewster - Brewster, MA

Maplewood at Brewster - Brewster, MA has yet not published prices.

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Laundry services
  • Pool
  • Memory Care Services
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day

Tour Went Well Of This Community

I had a great tour of this community, everything went very well. It is a good community with kind people. Everyone I met was friendly, and nice. The staff was helpful, and my questions were answered. Everything looked nice, and clean from what I saw. It was a nice experience, and my tour went well.

My tour

We looked at this community for a respite stay for our loved one. The community seemed nice and the people we met were friendly and helpful. This community only offered respite stays for thirty or more days and we were looking for something more short term.

Lovely Staff!!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and everything went very well. They gave me a detailed look of their facility and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. It was a lovely experience and I truly have no complaints. We ended up selecting a place closer to her friends and family.

Mom's Great Care

This is a great community for my mom. She seems to be well taken care of with a wonderful staff. The food is very good and they offer a good variety. She is happy with the activities available. I would highly recommend this for other families.

If only we had it to do over again.

The worst decision we have ever made was to move our Mom into the Currents neighborhood at Maplewood at Brewster. In four short months Mom became too weak to walk and eat. From Maplewood she went into rehab to try to get strong once again with only minor success. Mom is now able to lift her head up off of her chest, she is smiling more and even laughing, but she will probably never walk again.

Maplewood's recommendation to put Mom on Trazodone for safety reasons started her downfall. She went from being one of the most upbeat/popular residents at her former assisted living residence to a shell of a person that couldn't even lift her head up to communicate or to eat. She was walking fine (slow but steady) when she moved in back in February, now she is wheelchair bound. Mom started fainting fairly often while under Maplewood's care and wound up in the hospital multiple times. Since we moved Mom out of Maplewood this past June she has not had one fainting/syncope episode.

It seems that the management at Maplewood wants their Currents residents to be the same-- knocked out, sleepy, unresponsive, and in other words easy to manage. They also seem to count on families being uninvolved in their loved one's care. They have lied to us on numerous occasions, tried to overcharge us, and often would not respond to emails. If you sign a contract with Maplewood it means nothing. I was told that the figures on our signed contract were wrong when we had a dispute over the amount of money charged to us.

Try to look beyond the beautiful building and grounds; all is not as it appears. We hope that with this review we will save others from the heartache that we have gone through. If only we had it to do over again.

Community Representative

Thank you for your recent communication re: your mother's recent stay with us at Maplewood at Brewster. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience at the community. Our goal is to provide a safe and dignified environment for all of our residents, where we encourage family participation and communication regarding resident care. As I am unware of the specifics of your mother's case, I can only communicate in generalities regarding Maplewood's standards for care and services. As an assisted living provider, we do not provide recommendations or prescriptions for medications. If a resident needs medication or treatment, we provide assistance to residents by reaching the resident's physician for their medical and clinical expertise. We, as an assisted living provider, only administer medication that is prescribed by the resident's own physician, while communicating with the family or responsible party to ensure they are up to date.

Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss the specifics of your mother's care, as well as your overall experience. I am happy to review details of your mother's specific situation directly and would encourage you to reach out to me by calling 203/604/5617 or by email: [removed]. I look forward to the opportunity to speak further. Respectfully yours, Andrea S. Ellen, Vice President, Maplewood Senior Living

Becoming Expensive To Live Here

This is a nice community, but it isn't working out for my brother in law. He isn't very happy here. When he first moved into the community he was in the assisted living portion, but they moved him to the other side. They also increased his rate. They also charge $1,000 for medication management. This is a good community, it looks great and modern. It is just becoming to expensive for our budget.

Where can mom live if she can't live me?

When you walk in the door of Maplewood, your first impression will be how can I make this work, and I cannot afford it! But two weeks later my mom is laughing, participating in activities and doing better than I expected. She is smiling in photos they forwarded me, not saying cheese with that forced smile. I know her smile, and in the months prior to her move into Maplewood, I have not seen it. I only saw the lost look on her face and empty sad eyes.

The entire staff is compassionate and very dedicated to their careers. I never encountered so many professionals who reminded me that I need to trust them to do their jobs and when you let go of your mom and place that trust in their hands, the endless nights of worrying become a comfort in knowing I made the right decision.

If something unexpected arises, they will do everything to make mom's days and nights with less agitation for her. It's all about mom!

Everyone is accessible via email, or cellphone, or just a phone call away. I feel very connected and I am grateful for the awesome staff and their dedication everyday to the residents of Maplewood at Brewster.

Maplewood at Brewster is an innovative senior living community located in the coastal town of Brewster, MA. We offer seniors in the Cape Cod and Islands area the opportunity to greet each day from the privacy of their own premium apartment with luxurious amenities and personalized services.

Maplewood at Brewster provides an authentic experience for residents and families alike. Whether you are considering independent living, assisted living, memory care, or respite care, our staff is devoted to providing you and your loved ones with an experience that embodies the spirit of the Cape.

Come and discover for yourself by scheduling your personalized welcome visit today.