Greystone Farm at Salem - Salem, NH

Needs Improvement

The lack of stimulation and activities are a negative for anyone somewhat active. There is no gym facility/ indoor exercise area, pool or movie theatre like some of the larger facilities. That being said, other day to day living experiences should be enhanced to compensate. This is not the case. Transportation is almost non existent (one person typically transported one day a week only). The van is less than ideal. Rooms are claustrophobic and small in size and are not kept clean. The amount of dust accumulated in the rooms is disgusting. You must be willing to clean your loved ones apartment. The staff is lovely however, especially all the dining room/kitchen staff. Food is of a higher quality here compared with their larger facilities. Nursing staff, however inconsistent, is largely caring and competent. Remember, they are a large corporate business and are in the business to make money. If I had the choice, I would go with a not for profit living community.

Wonderful Community!

We have to move to another community because they do not accept Medicare, but this is a wonderful community. Very clean and well-maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful.They were very welcoming to the family members who came to visit. The food is good, I have dined there with him and they provided well-balanced meals. There are plenty of activity and nice places to walk around. They offer tours outside of the community and shopping trips into town.

Pleasant Tour, But Not The One For Us

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The tour went well, and everyone was very kind. The community looked neat and tidy. The staff was very nice. The issue I had was the memory care. It felt very cowered. I would felt comfortable with my mother living in the tight space like that. It was a good experience, but not the community for us.

Good Care

My mother is very happy with the care that she is receiving here. The staff is very nice and helpful. They have a clean community inside and out. They have a good variety of meals. Activites are offered. We would recommend this community for great care to others.

A Great Move for My Mother, We Are Pleased Here

I'am very pleased with this community, my mother is being cared for well here. It is a very nice place, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The community and her room are well maintained. The staff is very friendly and very caring. She is trying all the activities offered. The food is good, she is pleased with the meals. I would recommend this community, because they are providing her with great care.

Expensive

My tour of this community was nice I enjoyed it. The community from what I saw appeared to be nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. I really did like, but their rates were too expensive for our budget. Other than the rates this is a nice community.

A great choice!

My mother has been at this facility for over 6 months. The staff at Greystone Farm is exceptional. My mother feels loved and well cared for. The transition to community living was smooth with the help of a caring staff. Cleanliness is very important to her and she comments always about how well the place is kept. Whenever I ask how things are she remarks that she has nothing to complain about. The grounds are lovely and the many family events are first class and provide fun and quality time. A variety of weekly trips and activities offer stimulation and foster friendships. I highly recommend this place.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Greystone Farm! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is caring and professional. They're doing an excellent job taking care of our loved one, and we would highly recommend them!

Devin Anuzis

Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. If you or your loved one ever needs anything, please do not hesitate to reach out [removed].

Comparable to others, but no parking.

We toured here when we were looking. They were comparable to other places, though not as close as the one we settled on. We also didn't like that there was no place to park.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your thoughts. If there is anything we can do for you and your family, please don't hesitate to contact us ([removed]). Also, please note that we have two parking lots.

I heard and saw some things during a visit to a family member! I agreed that facility has nursing home patients but was clearly not built, staffed or safe as one. CNA's are awesome, director and nurse director ARE NOT... Lazy people that avoids you and the problems in the community. The place was renovated and all furniture is new, but it's a dirty place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please contact our Executive Director directly at [removed] so that we can address any concerns you may have. We look forward to your call.

Friendly staff, a few issues to work on

Our experience with Greystone Farm has been somewhat mixed. In general it seems like a nice place, the staff have been very friendly and my loved one seems to enjoy living here. However, there are a few cleaning and maintenance issues that we've been asking them to fix that have yet to be resolved.

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this seemed like a very nice place overall. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff seemed as pleasant as can be. I also liked that the memory care unit was integrated with the rest of the community, it wasn't as isolated as some other places I saw. It was on the expensive side, but they seemed to provide a lot of quality and service for the price.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

We absolutely thought it was great.

When my family and I toured this community, we absolutely thought it was great. The staff of Greystone Farms were very nice, informative and helpful. They provide fantastic care services. I did not get to see a lot of activities because nothing was really going on at the time of my visit, but I feel that they do have a lot of them. Overall, we loved the place and had a great connection.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family. ([removed])

Toured the community and I didn't like it

I toured this community. It looked like a nursing home. Staff were very overwhelmed running everywhere. Sales personnals were very Pushy. I was blocked at the front door when I attempted to leave. I felt so pressured to move my mother to this community. I wasn'e impressed with the ED. Extremely unproffessional. she didnt seem that she belong to health care at all. My decision was easy to make.

wonderful place

The staff is so warm and caring that I knew my dad would be right at home here. Noeleen, Julie, stephanie and the rest of the staff are always willing to work with me and my family to make sure that my dad is safe and comfortable. They have plenty of activities for the residents to d o, and the entire staff treats the residents as people, not as a job to do, which I have found in other places. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Staffing problems

I find the staffing a big problem since often times there aren't enough RCAs to handle the residents. This could be a problem at some point. I understand they are hiring more help but there should be back ups when there are call outs.
My loved one is living here and I have been a big supporter of the facility but am noticing some problems of late. I appreciate all of the staff at this facility because they work extremely hard at thier jobs. They deserve kudos for doing such good jobs. I think Benchmark should reevaluate thier priorities.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us.

Please note that we regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

It is our purpose to help our residents age in place with care, compassion, and dignity. Please feel free to contact us at [removed] with any questions or concerns.

Family friendly environment.

On behalf of Amedisys Hospice, I find the expertise of the nursing staff compimentary to the healthcare profession. Their attention to detail and compassion for their residents goes above and beyond. I find the environment so warm and cozy, but also neat and elegant. The focus the entire team at Greystone Farm has for every indivdual is unique. What stands out the most to me is that the staff are also part of the community, and love the residents as they do their own family!

Greystone Farm....Promoting Health and Wellness

As a rehab professional working in the industry for 20 years and currently working with clients at Greystone Farm. I find, Greystone Farm provides active seniors a healthy environment that encourages social and recreational activities while aging in place and providing varied levels of assistance based on a resident’s needs. With an interdisciplinary team approach to health and wellness, Greystone Farm has fostered relationships with both in house and visiting rehab services to assist with adapting to a new environment and maximizing independence. A culture that promotes activities, community outings, social gatherings and entertainment, Greystone Farm offers families and loved ones peace of mind knowing that their loved one is safe in their new home.

The staff feel like family

I am a healthcare professional working for a hospice agency that provides services at Greystone Farm at Salem. This dementia focused assisted living has a lovely atmosphere, inviting common areas, outgoing activity staff that take the residents out of the home for lunches and scenic tours! The dedicated and devoted nursing staff provide excellent care for its residents to allow them to age in place, which gives the families peace of mind to not have to move your loved one when they need more care. It's a peaceful place the residents can truly feel at home with staff who feel like family.

Caring Staff and an Environment That Feels Like Home

My agency has provided private duty care at Greystone Farm for a number of years now. I have always been impressed with the care and compassion shown by staff at all levels. They truly care about their residents, and when all is said and done, few things are more important when considering an assisted living community. That said, I've been at Greystone with clients at all hours of the day and night and have to say that the cleanliness and overall environment is also impressive. It's comfortable and feels like home.

Greystone Farms ..Progressive Assisted Living

I have been a healthcare professional for thirty years, I currently have a client who is a resident in the Harbour Program at Greystone Farms in Salem NH..The facility is warm and inviting, more importantly the staff and administration excel in providing the outmost care for their residents. Greystone is a progressive influence in the healthcare industry .I would highly recommend Greystone Farms Assisted Living as a haven for your loved ones..Pam Nolin Health Case Manager

Top notch care in a beautiful community

As a home care professional, I've had the pleasure of working with residents and staff at Greystone Farms for a number of years now. This community treats each resident with the care and compassion you'd want for a beloved family member. The nursing team is attentive and knowledgeable and it's clear they love working with seniors. I heartily recommend Greystone Farm to anyone considering assisted living in southern New Hampshire.

Highly Recommend

I am a health care professional who has been inside many assisted living communities throughout the area. Greystone is one of the cleanest with the most pleasant, engaged staff I have witnessed. I have not worked there but continually recommend the site when asked about long term options for aging parents of family and friends. Residents are able to maintain a high level of independence with the security and safety of a skilled staff supervising them.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

Angels review

Angels At Home Healthcare has been active in the Greystone community for approximately 5 years. We provide in home nursing and therapy to the residents. We find the staff to be helpful, informed and professional while making their community feel at home and comfortable. The facility is clean and well cared for. The patients we have cared for in Greystone have been well adjusted and happy. Our thanks go out to the staff for helping our patients age in a safe and comfortable environment!!!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing! An endorsement from fellow professionals means a great deal to us.

Tour was discouraging

I heard and saw some things during out tour within the last 2 weeks (July 2014) that made our decision easy to look elsewhere. This facility has nursing home patients but was clearly not built or staffed as one. Stay away.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are sorry if you experienced any wrong perceptions of our community. We invite you to come back for another tour with our Director of Community Relations. Benchmark Senior Living is extremely proud of our team and their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience.

discouraged

I was very pleased with Greystone Farm at Salem until the last few months. The staff is very caring and are doing their best but in general they need more help. Waiting for the residents pendants to be answered for more than 20 minutes is not acceptable. I know they are trying but the staff is getting worn out.....hopefully things will change

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words regarding our associates and for sharing your experiences with us. Please know that we remain focused on providing our residents with the highest quality of care and programming. We regularly evaluate and re-evaluate associate performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

Very Happy at Greystone Farm

My Mom did not like any assisted living places I found until Greystone Farm. They friendliness and the level of care really sold us all. Since their move to Greystone the staff have worked hard to assist my parents medically and personally. The food is fantastic as well!!
My Dad came to Greystone after being in rehab for a hairline fracture of his knee and was/is in a wheelchair. They have supported him with physical therapy so that he does not have to go elsewhere for the service. They put such personal touches on all they do for their residents

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

When my Dad's alzheimers got really b...

When my Dad's alzheimers got really bad I didn't know what to do. I called A Place For Mom and spoke to a wonderful man named Jeff LaGoy. He made me feel so much better. He gave me lots of information and different options. I was afraid that we would never be able to afford Greystone but he told me lots of things we could do to help with that - like using my Dad's Veteran's Benefits. We went to see Greystone the next day and they were WONDERFUL! Every person we met was calm and patient and compassionate. The staff there is great with my Dad and so upbeat and energetic. He is very happy there and my Mum can finally get some sleep. I can't say enough great things about Greystone or a Place for Mom.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Thank you for trusting us to care for your father.

It's excellent, excellent.

It's excellent, excellent. The reasons we were there was for the greater care. Our loved ones are very happy there. All the communities are pretty expensive. Another reason we went there was because their dietary service can meet one of my loved one’s food needs. In general, one of the things that turned us on to this community was how close it was to relatives.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

LOved it, but pretty expensive

LOved it, but pretty expensive

Like, need to get more details about ...

Like, need to get more details about cost. Maybe over our limit. Like their program

Clean, nice setting, staff very infor...

Clean, nice setting, staff very informative, nursing staff and assistance on location

I liked this place the most for my th...

I liked this place the most for my tham. My concern is about the cost.

Surrounded by natural woodlands, Greystone Farm at Salem evokes the serenity of a bygone era. In the country kitchen sits a beautifully restored antique loom, brought here by its original owner, fully restored and now a reminder of a simpler time. Thoughtfully designed apartments and amenities provide a comfortable, familiar feeling of home. At Greystone Farm, fond memories and traditions are the way of life.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Greystone Farm at Salem offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting and cues to help residents find their way.