An exceptional facility

My mother has been living at Windham Terrace for almost two years. I cannot say enough about this facility. The staff has truly been outstanding from the time I first inquired to today when the nurse director sat down with my mother to tell her that she would be moving to their memory care unit. The residents are treated respectfully, like family. Any issues that we had have always been handled right away. It's not easy when relatives get older and The Windham Terrace has made me feel that my mother is safe, well looked after and happy. Between my daughter working at assisted living facilities and my relatives staying in them, I am very familiar with how these organizations work. This one is exceptional.

Not that great

This has to be the worst place out there .Management have all the say your openion as an employer has no merrit at all. Management stuck in they past.

The most beautiful place inside and out. Patty [removed] gave a great tour. Unfortunately a little too pricey.

We moved my Mom into Windham Terrace 4 months ago and I cannot tell you how grateful we are for the wonderful and loving care they are giving her! My Mom has mid to late stage Alzheimer's disease and requires prompting and moderate supervision. Windham Terrace is gorgeous and her apartment is comfortable and very well maintained. She is in a 2 room corner until with nice windows, a huge closet and room enough for her baby grand piano, which she plays every day. They also allow pets so she was able to bring her two cats ~ a must for us even though we have to be responsible for their care.
The staff is amazing ~ kind and caring and, Alicia, the activities director is fabulous and has them doing all kinds of interesting things every day. My mom takes a morning exercise class, painting and line dancing classes, and attends concerts and plays at the beautiful theatre in Manchester as well as other outings. They also bring in musical entertainment every week to the delight of the residents.
We are a very "hands on family" and the staff is happy to work with us to make sure my mom is getting the best care possible. Eventually my mom will have to move into the Memory Care section but we will try and keep her in Assisted Living as long as possible. What a relief to find such a great place. We feel very blessed.

Terrace Communities

Thank you, we're so glad your Mom is happy with us at Windham Terrace. Thanks for mentioning our dedicated, kind and caring staff as we do have the best!

Big, Hotel Type Places

That was a lot of money. That was one of those corporate type hotel places. It's really nice but my dad is put off by that kind of atmosphere. He just wouldn't be comfortable there.

Terrace Communities

Please allow me to tell you a bit about Terrace Communities which owns Windham Terrace. Terrace Communities is a small, privately owned and operated family of assisted living communities, with over 25 years of experience in assisted living care. We have seven desirable locations in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Florida. Rather than offering a big business approach to senior care, each property has been under management by members of the same family since inception, ensuring a legacy that focuses on resident care and employee appreciation.
Please visit our website for information on financial options to assist seniors and their families with addressing the affordability of assisted living at Windham Terrace. Thank you.

been there nice

been there nice

Terrace Communities

Thank you, we appreciate your comment.

Welcome to Senior Living in Windham, New Hampshire!

Windham Terrace is a premier assisted living community, with a longstanding reputation for offering the very best in senior living. We are located in the quaint town of Windham, New Hampshire, but because of our convenient location and extra services, Windham Terrace is also a popular senior living choice for residents of nearby Massachusetts towns situated northwest of Boston. We are dedicated to serving seniors who require some assistance with daily routines, yet wish to remain as independent as possible, while enjoying a fun and stimulating lifestyle.

Our beautiful and conveniently-located senior living community offers a wide range of services to suit your needs:

Assisted Living Care and Services
Health Care Services, including Nursing and Medication Management
Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Memory Care Services
Long or Short Stays and Respite Care
Of special interest to Massachusetts residents, Windham Terrace offers supplemental nursing care—important services such as diabetic injections and medication administration that many seniors need, but that cannot be offered by staff of assisted living communities in Massachusetts due to state restrictions.

At Windham Terrace, our tenured team of care professionals is here to ensure a happy transition into a positive new senior living lifestyle. From the spacious private apartments to our beautiful common areas and feeling of laughter and good cheer, Windham Terrace remains a preferred alternative for senior living. Our residents appreciate many life enhancing opportunities to enjoy music, arts and entertainment, and to socialize with friends at daily gatherings including meals, cocktail hour, games, and exercise classes. Our residents also enjoy special trips such as whale watching, fishing, restaurant and shopping excursions, leisurely drives in the country, and attending theater or sporting events.

What’s more, our caring and dedicated assisted living staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with any medical or daily care needs that arise. We provide peace of mind that someone is always available to offer a helping hand, while still encouraging seniors to live as independently and actively as possible.

Windham Terrace is situated close to shops, restaurants, and services. We are conveniently located two miles from I-93, just north of the Massachusetts border and not too far from Boston, which is about 35 miles to our southeast. We serve seniors from many towns in Rockingham County, NH including Windham, Derry and Salem, as well as neighboring towns in northwestern Massachusetts. Access to physicians and medical care is easy, with four area medical centers located within 5-10 miles.

Our pricing is generally more affordable than similar options in Massachusetts, especially when seniors need supplemental nursing care.