More Of A Community Feel

Mom had been in an extremely nice community but she needed to be more independent so we moved her here and that was the best choice for her. it's a smaller community which is nice and it gives off a homier feel to it. She is getting out more and doing more acitivies. I haven't' asked her about the food but I am assuming she likes it since she is gaining weight. The staff is wonderful very friendly.

Natasha Heimrath

Thank you for reviewing us! Methuen Village is committed to helping residents remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. We do this through engaging and meaningful programs, daily fitness classes, brain boosting menu choices and a team of caring and thoughtful professionals who are dedicated to providing just the right amount of care that each resident needs to boost confidence and independence. I am so glad to hear that your Mom is enjoying herself, and I'd love to hear what she thinks of the food! Chef Misty is incredibly talented and creative and truly takes the time to get to know each resident and their favorite foods.

All is Well for My Mother Here

So far everything is working out well for my mother with her move to this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Natasha Heimrath

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this note. We are glad to hear you Mom is doing well with us! -- Natasha Heimrath, Executive Director

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

READ THEIR CONTRACT CAREFULLY.
IN LESS THAN A MONTH MY MOM FELL TWICE WHILE UNDER THEIR CARE,NOT ACCEPTABLE ,SHE ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL AND WAS NEVER WELL ENOUGH TO RETURN TO THE HOME .

Natasha Heimrath

I can appreciate your frustration that your Mom fell while living at our community. This was unfortunate and I can imagine it was frightening for her. As you may be aware, seniors are at high risk for falls whether they live at home, in an assisted living community or in a nursing facility. In fact, falls are the leading cause of hospital admissions among the elderly population nationally, and can result in injuries and even death. Falls are often caused by chronic health conditions, such as heart disease, dementia and low blood pressure, which can cause dizziness or impairments, such as poor vision or muscle weakness. Also, some illnesses and medications can affect balance which can lead to falls.

All of us in the assisted living industry are well aware of this common problem and, collectively, we try our best to help residents avoid falls through falls prevention programs, and keeping a watchful eye. Unfortunately, we can’t prevent every fall. We do, however, regularly examine any falls that have happened at our community to incorporate any lessons learned into our falls prevention program.

I am sorry that your experience did not match the standards we expect to meet for our residents and their families. Our community values Resident Quality of Life above everything else, and we do everything we can to provide personal care and supportive services to ensure a safe and comfortable living arrangement for the seniors who live with us.

Please reach out to me with any continuing concerns. We welcome feedback that can help us to do even better in taking care of our residents. I can be reached anytime at [removed].

Natasha Heimrath, Executive Director

Greeted warmly by staff. Really nice to see lots of residents in midst of daily activities. The facilities were very nice, and the rooms were wonderful. Enjoyed hearing about the heart healthy menu, another plus. The country kitchen is a very nice touch. I could see my mother liking it here.

Too expensive

A nice tour

My mom took a tour of this commpunity. The staff was nice and the community was well taken care of. We did not move in here.

Great Location!!

The guide that gave me a great tour of the community was very nice. He informed me of all the activities that are offered. Their great beautician that they have in the community. I really liked the interaction between the staff and the residents.

Wonderful Respite Stay

My father in law was here for a respite stay and everything went very well. The community is very nice looking, and it is an older building. The staff was great and very helpful and kind. He was able to try some new activities during his time here. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. He did like the food and the dining area. Overall it was a nice experience and I would recommend it.

clean facility

Everything is going great so far. The staff is friendly and very caring for the residents. The offer a lot of activities where everyone can participate. The food is good and the facility is always clean.

So far so good. She is really happy

So far so good. She is really happy, she loves the people and she loves the food. She is participating in most of the activities, and they try really hard to get people involved. No troubles with billing so far, but it's still new.

It's a good place

I think the Methuen Village is very clean. The staff is engaging. Overall, it has been good for him. He gets to be in a socializing environment. He seems to like it, although he does talk about leaving every other day. The people are nice. It's a good place. It's a nice community. I can't rate the care services because he doesn't use it. It is not applicable.

Not very bright or cheerful. Seemed more dated and not as clean as other facilities. Dementia portion seemed more depressing than any others that we visited. Rooms have carpet, which does not work for those residents with incontinence.

I am very happy with them

We chose Methuen Village. I am very happy with them, I think they are great! I would rate them very highly. They do a wonderful job. The staff is friendly, and it's clean. I don't have any complaints so far.

I would highly recommend this place

It will definitely be Methuen Village, if and when the time comes. Liz the contact person has been wonderful. I would highly recommend this place, it's newer, and even less expensive than most, and we looked at a few different places.

Love it

Staff at Methuen Village is friendly and very well trained in handling the sometimes difficult situations that can arise with the memory impaired individual. The activities are wonderful and the staff encourages all to participate. I couldn't be happier with our family's choice of Methuen Village.

The right choice

I knew from the first visit that this was the place for my Dad. It's extremely clean, the food is great and the staff and residents are all very friendly. They have plenty of activities for the residents too.

Very nice community

Methuen Village was very helpful when we were looking for respite care options. The staff were very friendly, definitely the nicest people we talked to in our search. It's a very nice looking and clean community, and they're able to provide the sort of care we were looking for. The community is a bit less active than she'd like, but still very nice.

Very good community, impressive memory care program

This facility was one of my top picks when I was looking for memory care for my father, and they just happened to be the first to have an opening for him. They have a very impressive memory care program, developed by Boston University. When I toured I liked what I saw so I put his name on the waiting list. He seems to be doing very well there so far, and I'm very impressed.
They are on the expensive end of the spectrum, but the price you pay applies across all levels of care, it won't go up bit by bit as care needs increase, which makes it a lot easier to budget for.
I also appreciate that after the standard entry fee and first months rent there are no additional fees that they hold, such as last months rent, etc.

Really Good for Respite

It was really good. It was the second time my mom had been there so we're hoping that whenever we do need some respite that she'll be able to go back there. They're very nice there and she seems to be very at home there. They do a lot of activities and the food is good and they really keep an eye on her so we're very happy with them. We're probably thinking of using them again at the end of February.

Mom was at another place for respite and this is not quite as big as that place so it's easier for her to get around. They always go get her for anything that's happening anyway but it's not quite as overwhelming for her. We're very happy with Methuen Village.

Close to Home

My parents are both in assisted living. They do lot of theme nights for food and entertainment. They also have bingo and movies. My parents don't do all the activities, but they do a few. I wish they would do more. They seem to like the food. They are getting medication help, and my mom gets help showering. They do their housekeeping and escort them down to the dining room. We chose this community because they wanted to stay close to their doctors and their home town.

Pretty Nice

I thought it was pretty nice. Actually I would have thought possibly this one or one other place might be better suited for my mom. She was leaning towards another one because it was closer to her home. The people were very friendly.

For being in down town Methuen nice s...

For being in down town Methuen nice setting, very quite, clean, friendly staff. Equiped to assist with memory issues, on the high end of affordable.

She likes this place very much. Invit...

She likes this place very much. Invited to lunch w/her best friend,

Visited with parents. No "hidden fees...

Visited with parents. No "hidden fees".

Methuen Village offers local seniors service-enriched Assisted Living and a state-of-the-art Compass Memory Support Neighborhood featuring innovative, research-based programming for those with memory loss developed in affiliation with the Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimer's Disease Center.

Methuen Village is uniquely located just off the hustle and bustle of downtown Methuen, nestled among lovely woodlands with views overlooking the Spicket River and Riverwalk Park. Residents enjoy an enriching, supportive lifestyle with personalized services, innovative EnrichedLIFE programming, a fine dining experience featuring their award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program, and upscale amenities.

Methuen Village is professionally managed by Massachusetts-based Senior Living Residences, "The Right Values Company" with a proven 20-year reputation among professional referral sources, residents and families for quality care and services, innovation and integrity.