The Park at Trowbridge - Southfield, MI

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of our questions. The food wasn't really healthy here. I didn't get to meet any of the residents. But there was a lot of people there needing more help than I needed and I didn't like the assigned seating in the dining room. I recommend families tour several places before making a decision.

This place was gigantic, under construction and very messy. the apartments were not amenable to being able to get from the kitchen to the eating area or to the rest of the apartment space, i.e., galley style kitchen with no eating area.

No interaction!

I did like the tour and it is a very nice community. What I did not like was the interaction with the people. It was so little. Even the common area had very little going on. It was just not a good fit.

Not Impressed with This Community

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The community was not well-kept. The first thing you smell is urine as soon as you step in the community. All the residents were packed into the lobby, and they did not appear to be very active. This is not a community I would had felt comfortable moving my parents too. The tour guide was nice, but I was honest with her and told her this was not the place for us.

The staff was courteous and residents I saw seemed happy. I was a little apprehensive when told they were going under a different owner Nov 30, 20016. Different owner usually means changes. Don't know if the change means better or not.

A little Expensive, But We had a Good Experience Here

This is a nice community with great people. My mother was here for a short time, but everything well. Everyone was very helpful and kind. This only issue we had with this community was the rates. They are little expensive. It was a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

Nice Staff and Activities

My dad is adjusting and it is going well from what they staff tell me. The front desk communication is not and there is not a lot of eye contact. Some people are good and some are not. I was not too impressed. On moving day and when signing paper work was confusing for the staff. They are nice people but there is a lack of engagement. The community is kept clean and the meals are good for my dad. [Removed] the activities director is good at making sure he is involved and is doing better. I think the staff training is imperative and being consistent and having people love what they do with the elders can improve the community.

Nice facility, the one bedroom apartment was handicap accessible and the care staff was very friendly. This might be a good fit.

Great place to live.

Very nice and quiet locality. Friendly staff.

Need A Variety Of Activities!!

My loved one feels that the meal portions are very small. They could be a little bigger. He likes to take walks at the moment he is not participating in any activities. One of the most important things about this community is that he is safe. The staff are all very helpful and they are very knowledgeable with his care needs. There could be more board games and card games which would make his experience better.

Disappointing

My parents moved in here 5 weeks ago. They feel the meals are sub-par. The promised housekeeping twice a month does not occur. Their dishwasher has been broken since day one and despite numerous request for repair it is not working, still. The elevators are often out of service, leading to long waits. Their apartment is fresh and attractive but common areas such as halls and lobby are unattractive with stained carpets and old furniture. I wish I had talked my parents out of moving into this place. Before you move in here, ask if you can eat a meal in the dining room.

Bad Experience At First, But Overall A Good Community

In the beginning our experiences with this community was not a good one. I would give them a zero rating at first, his room was not ready when we were ready to move in. It was very dirty and not acceptable. Once I gave them a piece of my mind, they correct some of the issues. The maintenance needs major improvements. Overall I'am satisfied with my choice to move my father here. I do like the layout of his apartment, it's a nice size. They do offer nice activities. He doesn't like the food, so I cook for him. He is safe and in a good place.

The apartments were very nice and spacious. But it was not what my mom was looking for. This is more like a high rise building and she was looking for something on 1 level. We were very impressed with Kelly, as we were looking at the apartments everyone we met on the way she was able to address them by their first name. I'm sure there are a lot of residents and for her to know them each was impressive.

Respite Stay Went Well

My mother was here for a respite stay. My daughter was making sure she was okay while I was on vacation. She said they did treat her well. The care they provided was very good. I do feel she was in good hands while I was away. I would recommend this community to my friends and family.

Review of The Park at Trowbridge - Southfield, MI

Activities everyday-jewelry Tai Chi BingGo. Grocery Rx 1week. Music on wkends.Very friendly very accommodating personnel. Even after hours personnel. Maintenance is very helpful (hanging pictures etc.)Easy freeway access if necessary. Carport available. Breakfast Dinner meal plan is plenty. haven t cooked in 2.5 months. And don t plan on it. But can if I wanted to

There is potential.

The Park at Trowbridge is an average senior residence. Some of the issues that have been dealt with occurred due to negligence, laziness and/or a lack of staff. The service and responsiveness need to be improved. However, the meal plan is adequate and the activities are very good. Overall, I would give it 2.8 of 5 stars.

They seem to like it a lot.

They seem to like it a lot. There have been a couple of little things that have come up, but they have addressed them right away. So far it's been pretty good.

Great facility

This assisted living facility has great customer relationships, amazing food and all around good environment.

Great place to live

The Park is very clean facility, the staff is great.

Great place

This is a very nice well maintained facility that is always clean and organized. There are a lot of activities here for the residents to participate in and keep them engaged. The staff is very kind and they really care about the wellbeing of the residents. Great place.

Fun activities

Things are going pretty well at this facility. The staff is great and the other residents here are pretty nice too. The food could use some improvement, but it's not too bad. It is always nice and clean here. There are a lot of fun activities here too.

Overall it's pretty good, but a few frustrations.

There were some discrepancies, in some of the terms of what they said they could do to get me to sign, and what actually happened once we moved in. They do have a lot of entertainment and things to do. She seems to like it there, she is out and about more often. I like that they have the therapy there. It's pretty much clean, and they clean the apartment every two weeks, and they are pretty good about tending to issues as they come up. I don't think there are any complaints about food, there are a few choices. There was an incident where I caught the manager Paul, lying, he had someone tell me he wasn't there, and then I saw him come out of his office only minutes later to speak with someone else, it was insulting.

This was an option that we seriously considered.

This was an option that we seriously considered. It was really nice, and large and within our budget. It wasn't far from me. It was open and had a library. They were very nice, and they were very accommodating. We really liked this place.

Nice place

Our experience with The Park at Trowbridge has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and the people here are friendly and caring. My loved one has settled in well, we are completely satisfied.

What A Relief...

I found this place for my dad through the help of aplaceformom.com. My dad is overall healthy and ambulatory, and can perform many daily living activities; however, he has dementia that has significantly affected his short term memory. Simple building layout; not large and overwhelming. He's able to navigate things in the building pretty well with the help of onsite Occupational Therapist. The accommodations are modest but very clean and inviting. He's been there a little over a month and he seems to be enjoying himself. I don't feel like I dropped my dad at a scary nursing home, but a retirement community. There is always something going on. It's so much going on that 8 year old son looks forward to visiting. Library, popcorn popper for fresh popcorn in the lobby, green house, and fitness room are a nice touches. Friendly and responsive staff.

This is a very nice well maintained facility. The building has a lot of amenities and the staff is both nice and knowledgeable.

I am glad she is here, though the transition has been disorganized.

I like the situation here, I am glad she is here. I will say that they are very disorganized with the transition, and getting them into the system. There were a lot of things that they didn't have ready, lists that didn't have our name. And when issues would come up, I didn't get an apology, I was just told transitions are hard. Getting the home care set up there was difficult as well. There is a lot of information that you don't get in the beginning. The programming and the apartment is very nice, I am sure once you get in and settled it's fine. The daily staff is friendly, and Kelly has been the most positive and cooperative person to work with. I think all things considered It's a good place, and the physical therapy has been the most successful part. Sara is a really caring and strong person, and she is one of the reasons we chose them, she was really enthusiastic about how smooth the transition would be.

Things started off well, but the staff started to seem less friendly and outgoing after we signed the paperwork. We've also been having a big issue with mold in my loved one's apartment that they say they are unable to do anything about. They have been hard to get in contact with in general after we moved in, so we advise families to be wary of how friendly they seem at first.

Review of The Park at Trowbridge Assisted Living in Southfield, MI

Loved it but it was out of our price range.

Sounds like a nice place bu...

Sounds like a nice place but not enough check ins throughout the day for even the advanced package

The Park At Trowbridge is very friend...

The Park At Trowbridge is very friendly! They have been very attentive with my mothers needs!

Small Fixes

This is a lovely Senior Residence Community. My only complaint is that they did not make sure that everything was in working condition prior to my parents moving in. There should be a thorough walk thru so that the Seniors don't have to be troubled with broken fixtures, appliances.

Review

My Mother seems happy overall but she had some flood issues recently because of someone living in a unit above her. No one reported that there was a problem to her. Her floor became wet and soaked. This is because water ran from the top of her (My Mom's) Ceiling in spots but you could not tell it right off. No, she was not imagining things this really did happen. It is better now, but she actually needs to be in a two bedroom apartment. Hopefully, this will happen soon for her.

Ethically very unhappy with them

From what I understand she's very happy with the place, I had a bad incident in the beginning with the place that really set a bad tone for me. What happened is, I had called and they said they had a special for 800 dollars and then I got a call from their sister property that was 200 less and it was kind of last minute so I basically said that I wanted to change my mind and go with the other place but then they called me and said that I couldn't do that because I had already put a deposit down. Then they called me and said that I was going to be so happy because they were going to give me the cheaper price and I wouldn't have to move her. Then the manager here called me and said it wasn't going to happen and was basically being a [word removed], I was disgusted.
In the sense of me being fair, unless my mom is lying to me, she's happy with the place, but ethically, I'm disgusted with them. To be fair, my mom is the type of person that doens't like to worry me too much but I think she's happy there.

Great Price!

So far the care services have been good. My mother-in-law hasn't participated but I think the activities are great. I know they do cook outs and concerts.

So far everything is going pretty well for her over there. She likes it really well. She's confined to her wheelchair so she doesn't participate much but she's in a safe environment and that is important. We settled on this community because of the price. It was a great price and something she could afford.

What a Deal

The reason that we decided to go with “The Park at Trowbridge” was because they made a really good first impression which is important. When we went to meet them they were friendly and informative. The people there are really friendly and we got a good deal to move dad into them. I have another relative who stays at “The Park” and he told us why he likes them compare to the other places that he was in before. They do seem to have a lot of activities on the calendar, when I dropped off dad they were actually having a concert their. The Third party care agency that they have there is really on there game. The price was right and the service is good. Dad seems to be happy.

Oh this would be my pick. Only wish s...

Oh this would be my pick. Only wish she would agree!

This was another excellent place. I w...

This was another excellent place. I was very impressed. I think my mother would be very happy here. I'm taking her back for a tour. Everyone seemed hppy here.

beautiful place. Clean. our second c...

beautiful place. Clean. our second choice.

Beautiful place not within budget.

Beautiful place not within budget.

Has been an outstanding place for the...

Has been an outstanding place for the last 2 years; staff is considerate and cooperative. Private pay facility.

The staff here is so accomodating and...

The staff here is so accomodating and my mother and I are both very happy with everything so far.

“Every day, our team comes together to decide how we are going to better the lives of our residents.” Nestled in a quiet, residential area, The Park at Trowbridge is conveniently located near Telegraph Road and I-696, just minutes away from the area’s best shopping, dining, entertainment and quality medical services. The property is settled on 10 wooded acres, complete with a small creek and walking trails.

Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. The Park features its own beauty shop, fitness room, library, greenhouse, bank, game room and coffee nook. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of spacious floor plans with walk-in closets, balconies and fully-equipped kitchens. With flexible open seating in our dining room, we offer a delicious and nutritious variety of menu choices every day.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Residents enjoy leading current events groups, participating in Yiddish clubs, cooking demonstrations and even volunteering at the front desk. Popular programs include “Matter of Balance,” “Mind Aerobics,” bingo, “Dealing with Chronic Pain,” exercise class and religious services. Residents experience peace of mind with our community’s 24-hour home health care services, RN available 7 days a week, and on-site physical/occupational therapy office.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.