American House Southfield Senior Living - Southfield, MI

Very Nice & Welcoming

My mother and I both think that America House is very nice and very welcoming, in fact, my mother has already told her friends about how nice it is there.
My mom is in an apt in the independent section and she still drive herself to her appointments and shopping, but they do offer transportation to the residents who no longer can drive themselves.
All the staff here are friendly and they make sure all their residents are well cared for.
American House offers lots of activities and my mom does enjoy partisipating.
The dining room is very nice and my mom does like eating her meals there, the food is pretty good, she just wishes they would follow the menu a little better. They do offer an alternative if she does not like what the main meal is that day so it would be a 4 rating on following the menu.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for your 4-star review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear your mom has settled in and feeling right at home!

I Recently Moved In

Everything is fine that the community provides. I am very happy being here. It worked out very well for me.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you've settled in at our American House Southfield community!

A good place

The staff are caring and attentive. Mom likes the food and enjoys some of the daily activities they offer. They keep the community well maintained. This community came recommended by someone that already lived there. I feel comfortable with this community and I would recommend it.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your mother is happy with us at American House Southfield!

Would recommend

Great impression of this community and the staff was friendly!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our Southfield community. We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and are glad to hear that you've had a great experience!

[Removed] was pleasant and informative. We liked the facts that there was choice of meal plans. Services and activities were many. The apartment was spacious and the kitchen was larger than most that we have seen. We liked the feel of the apartment building setting and felt it was a good transition from a home to senior community living.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for touring our community! We're glad to hear that you were pleased with your experience. We value your opinion and appreciate your feedback.

We like this community for the wonderful care that is being received here. The staff are caring and helpful and keeping us informed. We have had meals here and the food is very good. They have a calendar of great activities that she enjoys. We like the clean community inside and out. We would recommend this community to other families for care and a good value for a loved one

American House Senior Living Communities

We're glad to hear that you and your loved one are happy at our community. Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate your feedback!

A great tour

I loved this community when we visited. The staff I met were helpful and wonderful. They offer activities. The rooms are wonderful. This community was however a little out of our price range.

This is the nicest place we visited so far. I love the apartment size and look. Laundry service is a little expensive though. Not decided on a location yet but this is at the top of the list once we verify more of the assistance services/pricing.

A lovely place!

I loved the way there was so much interaction with the residents here. I would love to stay here if I had to go anywhere. This just was not the right fit for my in laws. The environment was just not right for them. This is a terrific community.

I Had A Nice Tour of This Community

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and courteous. From what I saw everything looked well-kept. Everything went well, but I felt like this was a community for a solo independent senior. I didn't feel it was the right fit for my parents, but it is a nice place.

Convenient Housing !!

I really liked how the houses where divided in this community, they where conveniently located close to the main lobby and where close to the other residents apartments. This was my loved ones and I top choice of tours that we had taken of all the different facilities, it was just way to expensive and out of her budget for what they had to offer.

I take this significant opportunity to express significant, sincere appreciation for an exposure to the American House Senior Living in South field, Michigan. Latresa was an exceptional hostess that took vast time to explain American House in detail. Moreover, yesterday, Wednesday 7/6/16, she was extremely thorough providing a tour of your exemplary senior facility!

Pricely, but it was my first choice.

Review of American House Southfield Senior Living - Southfield, MI

Much nicer than expected. My 32 choice.

They Are Good

As far as answering my questions and walking me through and getting us in, they are good. They are very patient and found their customer service to be very good. As far as their medical team, they have some new people and they need a little more training to be more personal with the residents.

Loved ones seem happy here!

My loved ones have only been here a short time, but so far things seem to be going well. They've settled in, and really seem to be enjoying what American House has to offer.The facility itself is nice looking, and the staff have been very friendly and welcoming. What really matters is that they are happy, and if they are happy I am happy!

American House Senior Living Communities

I absolutely love hearing about happy residents! It makes
ME happy that they are enjoying our community. Please let your loved
ones know my door is always open, should they ever need anything
or just want to say hello.
Belinda Smith, Executive Director

Representative not friendly and price not competitive.

The facility is okay but the price does not include heat, so it's not a good value compared to comparable and/or nicer facilities in the area. The representative was not friendly and unwilling to answer questions that are "in the brochure". I do not recommend this facility.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry you felt you had questions that went unanswered. If you would like to call me personally, I would be more than happy to discuss your questions and address any concerns. I look forward to hearing from you!

Nice place, overall

My loved one hasn't been here long, but so far I think American House has done a good job. The staff are all friendly, and they do a great job taking care of the facility and the people who live here. The medical staff in particular have been very caring and professional.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your kind words! We work hard to make sure our residents are well taken care of, and that we provide them with a rewarding life experience. Hopefully your loved one is enjoying all our activities and events here! Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Belinda Smith, Executive Director

This place was lovely, howe...

This place was lovely, however the residents did not appear to be active in any activities. Also this place would definitely not allow my mom's dog.

American House Senior Living Communities

Looks like you may have stopped by on a day where our residents were taking a rest. We have plenty of activities scheduled here, including our very own American House Choir that residents participate in. All of our communities allow pets, though we typically try to keep them under 30 lbs, so our other residents are not disturbed — if you’d like to give me a call directly, I’d be happy discuss some options for your mom with you.

Responsibility and Accountability

We are disappointed with our experience with American House Southfield because we have been having several issues with it. The actual community itself is really good and they have a really good setup, but it just seems like the staff here does not really care about their jobs or the residents. When we try to address one issue and call one place they just direct us to another person and another place then we call that person and they direct us to a different person. Just seems like no body wants to take responsibility. They double book rooms and help you get situated and fix it but they don’t seem to update their books because they will send your services to the room you were originally suppose to be in. They print a menu but when you go to the dinning area to eat there is something completely different then what is on the menu. It is not just a slight difference but rather a completely different meal all together. So you really do not know what they are serving unless you physically go down and investigate yourself then you can decide if you want to eat it or not. They were offering two types of meal plans but it doesn’t matter which one you sign up for because now they only seem to offer one it’s the more costly one. The actual community is really nice and the rooms are really nice it’s just the attitude of the staffing that really takes away the potential of this community.

American House Senior Living Communities

Although I’m happy to hear you like our community, I’m sorry that you and your family have had a disappointing experience. We’ve undergone a lot of significant (and at times, confusing) changes here at Southfield, but that’s no excuse for disorganization or poor service. Our staff cares about our residents, but I would like to hear the experiences you’ve encountered in a little more detail. If you’re available, please call me or stop in so I can personally address your concerns – my door is always open. Thank you for your feedback.
[removed]

I was impresssed with the layourtof t...

I was impresssed with the layourtof the 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and cost per month.

American House Senior Living Communities

That’s wonderful! Thanks for leaving your feedback, Belinda Smith, Executive Director [removed]

The staff was unprepared for our sche...

The staff was unprepared for our scheduled visit, however they rebounded well. Lunch was good, the tour however fell a little short, with such a large facility, there's only one dining room so for residents who's apartment is not close to the dining room there is quite a hike to get there.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for your feedback. We find that some of our residents like to take a leisurely stroll on their way to the dining room — but if you are concerned about the distance, call me and we can see what we can work out. Sincerely, Belinda Smith, Executive Director [removed]

Great Place. Personnel very friendly...

Great Place. Personnel very friendly, residence seemed very happy.

American House Senior Living Communities

Glad you noticed our residents are happy here! We think of them as family and it’s nice to hear others can see their enjoyment. Thank you, Belinda Smith, Executive Director

Our first choice.

Our first choice.

American House Senior Living Communities

That’s what we love to hear! Thanks for your wonderful recommendation. Belinda Smith, Executive Director [removed]

Offering spacious apartments to rent monthly as well as condominiums for purchase, American House Southfield is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Southfield, Oak Park, Beverly Hills, and Farmington Hills. We are also close to nearby hospitals including Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Botsford Hospital, and Royal Oak Beaumont. Southfield Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Floorplan options at Southfield feature 1 and 2 bedroom apartments - all with full kitchens, living rooms and private baths. We also have a community dining room with restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Property amenities also include an activity room, exercise facility, library/computer labs and beautifully maintained grounds.

Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.