American House Farmington Hills Senior Living - Farmington Hills, MI

He is very nice, he do above and behind for the residents and the community.

American House Senior Living Communities

Brittany, thank you for your 5-star review of our community. We appreciate your feedback!

Lovely Apartments!!

My favorite thing about this community is how lovely and perfect the apartments they have to offer are. They are very spacious inside and is very easily accessible for people with wheelchairs or that may have a handicap. The floor plan was very well designed and had the perfect size kitchen for my loved ones. We where all set up to move into this complex,however we had a family emergency and could no longer make the move.

Beautiful place

This holiday we toured with Rita the weekend manager for my mom. This community is beautiful inside and out. It appears everyone is so attentive. Rita had cookies and a gift waiting for us at the end of the tour which I felt was so perfect. We left a deposit for main part of the community. We had toured 4 other places and this will be her new home.

Beautiful place

This holiday I toured this beautiful community for my mother. It was absolutely homey, clean and Rita the weekend manager had cookies, & a personalized gift waiting for us at the end of the tour. We left a deposit for the main part of the community. Highly recommend!!

I Would Rate Them 4.9!

It's been very good for my mom since being in such good care. I like that they have activities, they keep them very busy and engage through out the day. The meals have been good. The staff helped my mom out and accommodated her during the passing of my dad.

Wonderful Community

I toured last week at this lovely community and experienced
a totally different experience compared to the poor review on here. ( couldn't have been the community I toured)
I started out touring the manor building ( smelling wonderfully) and looked at a cute studio apartment . The size was a bit small for me however enough space for my mother. I was able to see the dining room while residents were eating. The menu featured two choices with alternatives.
The staffed was helpful and kind.
This community is perfect for my mom , this is the community she will choose.

Very charming Community

I have recently read the reviews regarding American House in Farmington Hills . I was saddened to read the last review as this was not the case for us. The property was clean, and inside community was not with odors. We toured inside and looked at a very cute studio apartment. The menu was offering 2 choices and alternatives for the lunch and evening meal.
Lots of activity going on for residents as well .
We found the staff to be helpful and friendly . I would recommend this community to anyone .

The moment we approached the facility I knew we could not settle there and be comfortable. When we went inside to speak to the manager there seemed to be some confusion about us being there. I mentioned to someone that we had an appointment to tour the facility and someone (the manager?) looked on her computer and found our name. It was apparent that we were not expected or maybe forgotten. The lobby or common area (same, same) was crowded with residents. As we were taken on a tour of the residents of the main facility we were shown the various areas for meetings and activities. However we were not shown any rooms. It was just as well since the rooms, from the doorway, appeared to be small and reminded me of a room in a rehabilitation/recovery center. Then we were taken back through the loby/common area and through the cafeteria/dining room. I noticed there was one "choice" for the menu so everyone ate the same thing as it would appear. The building smelled bad and was not appealing at all. We exited the cafeteria to the outside to walk across the driveway to see an independent living unit. There are no included perks with these units so if you want to eat lunch at the main facility you must go outside and cross the driveway to enter the cafeteria. The cost for food is extra above your rent...and you pay your own utilities. So much for retirement living.

Nothing bad to say!

Everything has been going great here and my brother is starting to transition. They keep the community clean and neat all the time. The only complaint is that he got a hamburger and it was cold. There have been times where the food is cold and just not good. I would like to see more activities dealing with music since my brother loves to play.

An Expensive Community

They were fine to tour with. As I gathered information, it was going to cost more than my brother-in-law can afford. We liked the outdoor area, it was nice. The staff and residents were friendly n the community was clean.

LOVE the 2 bedroom cottage! No openings yet. Mom loved the community.

The facility was nice just not what my mom was looking for. She wanted more of an apartment with a separate bedroom and kitchen.

Medical Administrator

As a member of the medical industry, I am highly concerned with American House senior Living's unprofessional management, unskilled caregivers, understaffing, substandard resident care, frequent turn over of employees, and unsatisfactory meals and nutrition.
Consumers Beware!

good experience

My brother felt like it was a good experience for him living at American House Farmington Hills Senior Living. We were really happy with this facility. It was a good experience overall. Everything went quite well here with dad.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review. We’re very excited your dad is enjoying our community. It’s our pleasure to offer an enriching home where he feels and comfortable and he can engage in plenty of activities. If there is anything we can do for you at all, please don't hesitate to call. All the best, Carmin Harris, Executive Director

I am happy

I am happy here at American House Farmington Hills Senior Living. This facility has been a good place for me.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re so very excited to know you enjoying being a part of our community and how happy you are with everything. Our staff takes great pride in making sure our residents are comfortable and well cared for. Please call me if you ever need anything - and thank you for leaving such a positive review. Warm regards! Carmin Harris, Executive Director

Beautiful and Good Food!

Really nice and very beautiful. The food is great! My mom is just not comfortable socializing with people she doesn't know and making new friends so we're kind of stuck.

It's a nice, comfortable size with 50 people or so, not hundreds of people like some places. She just doesn't want to go to any assisted living.

We heard that there was a higher level of food here because chef's designed the menu so we were sure to have lunch here and it was excellent.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your comments; I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our chef! We do offer plenty of opportunities for socializing — but we do also have ample room where your mom would not have to be social if she didn’t choose to be. Give me a call and we can talk about your concerns!

Carmin Harris
Executive Director
[removed]

Very nice place.

Very nice place.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you! Feel free to call or drop in if you have any questions I can answer for you.
Carmin Harris, Executive Director
[removed]

everyone is quite old and informed. ...

everyone is quite old and informed. I do not believe we would fit in here. Well, maybe she would, since she is not very active anyway. But I am a little more active.

American House Senior Living Communities

Actually, you may be surprised at all the activities we offer here — including an American House choir and a partnership with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra — that would surely keep you busy! If you give me a call, I can tell you about how active you can remain at American House.
Carmin Harris, Executive Director [removed]

Facility too tired

Facility too tired

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry you feel that way. If you could give me a call, I’d love to hear your thoughts and address your concerns. Your opinions matter to us!
Carmin Harris, Executive Director [removed]

Providing apartments in the main building and ranch-style independent living "Villas" in the campus beyond, American House Farmington Hills is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Farmington, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Redford, and Livonia. We are also located close to several hospitals including Botsford Hospital, Providence Hospital and Medical Center, and St. Mary Mercy Livonia. Farmington Hills Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

At Farmington Hills we have studio and 1 bedroom apartments. We also have independent living ranch-style Villas with 1 and 2 bedroom floorplan options. Property amenities at Farmington Hills include a community dining room, on-site beauty salon/barber shop, beautifully maintained grounds....and much, much more.

We have an Life Enrichment Director who plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.