Baldwin House - Birmingham, MI

Very nice and clean facility, friendly staff. Nice location. Long waitlist for low income residents. Very expensive otherwise. Placed my parents on the waitlist, hope to hear sooner than 2 yrs.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for your 5-star review of our community - we appreciate your feedback!

Baldwin House - Birmingham, MI

This is supposed to be an independent living, but many residents here should be in an assisted living facility. The meals are not very good, the food is all prepared purchased and healthy. No chef cooking in the kitchen. The manager & maintenance work 8 hours, 5 days a week. There should be more on site help available!!! The good thing about this place is its location.

Pretty Good Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very kind and welcoming. The community looked nice and tidy. The staff was courteous and friendly. There was many factors that played into where I would move to. Unfortunately this was the community for me, but my tour went very well.

Great Place. Great peoples.

Very Unhappy

I regret placing my Mom there. Her balcony had no screen door and they made us buy it and install. 99% of their apartments have screen doors, my Moms did not and we had to buy one??? Mom has been ill for a few weeks and has been in and out of the hospital. Therefore is unable to go to dining room for a while and now they made us hire a company that works out of the building and PAY to have her meals delivered. This pay thing started two weeks after she got out of hospital. I am very unhappy with these hidden charges that were NEVER told to us in the beginning. Also, the food is quite substandard. Just ask the residents. Mom has made wonderful friends there and I don't want to put her through another move at her age.

Highly Recommended

This is a nice community for other. Great staff and excellent community. The grounds and rooms are taken care of very well. I would recommend this for others to have good care.

The staffing and community are very helpful and pleasant

The cleanliness is great here at the Baldwin House! Services are wonderful! The staffing and community are very helpful, and pleasant. The house is well operated and generally speaking it is a very nice place.

Dad likes this place the most because...

Dad likes this place the most because of excellent location but I don't like it. hate the idea of pull string calling 911, no aides available. Just a regular apartment with meals added in. At this price she can stay where she is and we can have meals delivered.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad your dad likes our community! We do offer more than just food; we have so many activities and events with opportunities for socialization. And remember, we also offer full maintenance as well as transportation services for your loved one. If you’d like to come in and discuss options for your dad, I’d be happy to help!
Sincerely,