Marian Oakland - Farmington Hills, MI

very welcoming, staff and patients

This facility has been a Godsend to our family. My father is in a clean, well run place with lots of help and affordable prices. We appreciate the staff more than they could ever know, and the quiet safety of this home is just what we needed.

Depressing Atmosphere!!

I was a little disappointed in this community, on the first floor it felt very depressing and needed lots of updating. There was little to no natural light throughout the building and all of the bedrooms including the lobby looked like it needed some serious updating. I would not have wanted my mother to live in a facility like this.

Amazing facility

We are thrilled with the facilities & care at Sanctuary at Marian Oakland. Our father is living in a beautifully kept, safe environment & he loves it. There are many activities & trips, new friends & caring staff. The safety features give us piece of mind & we couldn't be more happy to have him in such a wonderful place!!!

Outstanding experience!

Our experience with Sanctuary at Marian Oakland has been a very good one! From the moment you walk in everyone on the staff is going out of their way to help you. They were a huge help through the whole move-in process, and everyone has just done an outstanding job overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and I've also been very impressed with the food service. They've got two chefs on staff and the food is great!

Great, affordable place.

Sanctuary is a great, affordable place for someone to live if they want to be independent. They do offer a lot of activities and stuff to do there. The food is excellent, it's all homemade and fresh, not out of a can.

A true family lives at Sanctuary

I was in need of a place to live because while I am away from home caring for a loved family member. The hospice social worker found me a place at Sanctuary. This place is a true Sanctuary, clean, peaceful, 3 meals a day, emergency pendent, all utilities (except phone), including 25 channel cable TV. friendly and responsive staff. Friendly residents, there is almost always somebody to do something with and there are regular bus trips to Grocery/Dollar Stores and other places fun or interesting. There are at least 3 big TV parlors, just in case you want to watch your favorite team play. And they let me bring my aunt's cat with a pet deposit, not pet rent. and there is Home Health Aides residing on campus that you can hire for meds, baths, etc. And all included in $868.00 for a Studio apartment.

Positive experience

My contact with the staff there has all been positive. We were able to get my mother-in-law in sooner than expected given that they had a waiting list. The room was clean and they have fixed any problems identified. My MIL has made some friends fairly quickly. The price is very reasonable given the amenities and activities. It was the right place at the right time for us.

AWESOME!!!!

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!! This keeps my mother-in-law smiling from ear to ear!!!!!!! I am so glad this place was chosen for her!!!! I am so grateful!!!

GREAT, AFFORDABLE, CLEAN FACILIY

I was at a lost to find a decent place for my elder brother earlier this year. SAMO was recommended by an agent from the Area on Aging Association. I could not believe it was affordable rent and yet not Section8. When I called one
location there wad not an opening, but the sales person heard the disappointed voice and told me that Marion had an opening and that she would have the person call me. It was a Friday late afternoon, and I needed something like thay day. The sales person at Marion, called me in less than 10 minutes. This is called great Customer service!!! Everything from that moment was positive. We had an appointment that next Thursday and the lease was signed. The apartment was very clean, excellent location for my brother who is a loaner. The services provided by another agency was too expensive for us, by being in the health field I was able to locate aaffordable assistance for him. So he needed Assisted Living Accommodations and has it. It is both Independent and Assisted Living with moderation.
He is happy there and says the food is good. The people are friendly and the staff caring. We only have had a problem with the refrigerator, so I will get back to this review if it has not been replaced timely.

Wonderful Place. Wonderful People!

So far so good! It is an older building; it's the staff, their attentiveness, the food, the access to stores and the community, the services, and the wonderful residents truly are the stars here!

I am pretty satisfied with Sanctuary at Marian Oakland.

I am pretty satisfied with Sanctuary at Marian Oakland. So far I would rate them highly. I think they do an overall good job. There isn't one thing I could single out, and I don't have any major complaints.

I am writing this review on behalf of my brother who lives at Sanctuary at Marian Oakland. As far as we know he is happy and adjusting well. It was some adjustment for him when he first moved back in August. He enjoys his apartment; the food and is making friends. I have to say he is somewhat of a "loner" and we hope he can begin to be more active in activities and outings.

Looked at a number of communities before choosing . . .

Sanctuary at Marian Oakland. Sanctuary was the one that met all of my mother's needs and budget. Overall, the staff is friendly, the community is very clean and there are a number of activities, including shopping trips and exercise classes, which she will be taking part in soon. My mother, for the most part, is happy with the food. She particularly enjoys having housekeeping services, which allows her to have more time to do what she wants. The community has good open and common areas for gatherings. Very pleased with this decision.

Very Nice Place

I am writing this review on behalf of my brother who is living at Marian Oakland. It has been just over three months since he moved their. It was difficult at first for him but he seems to be adjusting pretty well. He likes his room; all the food and has gone on several trips. He likes the fact that he can go grocery shopping weekly. He is somewhat of a "loner" but has good conversations with people. The staff appears to be very caring for him and they are very friendly.

Favorite so far.

Favorite so far.

Love sanctuary

My dad had to find a place, fast! His wife was 'tired of taking care of him'. We found sanctuary by chance and thank our lucky stars every day! All the staff love the residents, the food is pretty good, and the residents themselves formed a welcoming committee so that the first week you have a buddy to get you comfortable. I can't say enough nice things and after my dad got settled he loves it too!!!!

Home away from home

Thanks so much to a "Place for Mom". They were so very helpful in our search for an appropriate community for my 100 year old, Aunt Hazel.
We moved Aunt Hazel approximately a month ago to Sanctuary at Marian Oakland and could not be happier with her surroundings. The staff is friendly and helpful, her accommodations are just what she needs. The amenities and the cost fit into what she could afford.
I can't say enough positive things about this wonderful community or "A place for Mom". They helped this very difficult search so easy. All of the places they recommended were wonderful communities,
Thank you so much for your expertise and help.

Great, affordable facility

We are so happy with Sanctuary At Marian Oakland. It is so afordable!!! My brother in law has limited resources, and many of the other places we looked at would have just erroded his savings up over time. At Sanctuary At Marian Oakland, all of his meals, lodging, utilities and care are well within his income, protecting his savings for the possible emergencies that may arise down the road.
I cannot say enough good things about the staff; they are kind, friendly and go out of their way to make the residents feel welcome, comfortable and at home.
The food is great!!! My brotherin law loves it!!! Fresh, plentiful and delicous!!!!
The rooms are modest, but kept in good repair and clean.
We feel so fortunate to have found this wonderful ,yet affordable, long term solution for our family member's needs.

J as well as his brothers a...

J as well as his brothers and sister loved this one. Thank you so much.

very nice and would love to move her ...

very nice and would love to move her in. Turns out to be complications around Gayle and we are going to have to turn to a different type of housing. Everyone was great and so friendly.

Beautiful place, perfect except no se...

Beautiful place, perfect except no security. Definitely thinking about this one.

Bath is in the bedroom

Bath is in the bedroom

Really nice facility and the rooms lo...

Really nice facility and the rooms look perfect. The grounds look very nice!

Serving Residents with Excellent Care, Endless Hospitality and Open Hearts

Come discover Sanctuary!

At Sanctuary at Marian Oakland, seniors enjoy freedom, independence and privacy when they choose it — security and support when they need it.

Our affordable, cozy Independent Living apartments provide the ultimate in convenience and individualized services within a warm and friendly environment. Residents can enjoy life-enriching community activities, going on group outings or just relaxing without maintenance worries.

Sanctuary at Marian Oakland is owned and operated by Trinity Senior Living Communities, a leading advocate of holistic, individual-first health care.