Brookdale Southfield - Southfield, MI

Brookdale Southfield - Southfield, MI has yet not published prices.

Mom is adjusting

The staff is friendly and helpful. I love the food but the dining room can be bigger. They don't have the assisted living seperate from independent living which I'm trying to get used to. Housekeeping is supposed to clean weekly but that hasn't happened yet. The weather has been bad lately and the staff can't come to work so a bit understaffed sometimes. I enjoy the multiple options for the daily activities. My apartment is on the 3rd floor and it over looks the wetlands. The sales manager is great here also. I would recommend this community .

Hotel like layout - nice furnishings and tall ceilings. Multiple activity rooms, pool and hot tub. Expensive and rooms seemed a bit smaller than other places

No Refund Policy

My father was not able to make the move into, because they were not able to provide the care he needed. My father is not out of 9,000 of his money, because of their no refund policy. I did not feel that was right to do to a senior.

Very Nice Community

On the tour I liked what I saw there. However, the price was high and they were in a location that was not easily convenient.

Wonderful community

Mom loves it here and we are happy. We found a good caregiver that had a couple of other residents used and she is great! The staff is very helpful and I give them a 5!Mom really likes the entertainment they have, I wish she would go to the exercise classes. She also enjoys the "Wine and Wisdom" hour, she is very social.I like the way they upkeep everything.Housekeeping and maintenance does a great job!Everything is clean and orderly. There's good people and it's an all around nice place.

Wonderful retirement living space. [Removed] did an excellent job of making us feel comfortable and making sure that we had we well informed about the services and amenities. The apartment was bright, clean and well layed out. The activities were plentiful, including a pool. We really liked Brookdale South, however it is a little pricey for us.

The facility was well kept, the people were professional and caring and I loved what they had to offer.

Nice Tour

My tour of this community went pretty well. It is a nice place with a friendly staff. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind. The community appeared to be well maintained, everything looked nice. It was a nice experience, but this wasn't the community for me.

Great place for mom and dad

My parents are both at Brookdale. They are very happy. The staff is great and really goes out of their way to meet the needs of the residents. I would definitely recommend.

A great place for a respite stay!!

My parents and I all loved this community. The food is good and the staff were nice. The community is clean and well maintained. I had peace of mind while they stayed there. I have already recommended this community.

Nice Big Community

This is a very big community. My tour went pretty well. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They were also very informative and answered all my questions. I felt this was to big of a community for my husband and his needs. It is a great community for the right person.

My sister visited and learned it would cost over $8K monthly with all the add ons my Mom needs, so, it's not workable for us. (Mom has dementia that is impacting her ability to live in assisted living conditions)

Brookdale gets my recommendation!!

My friend is doing fine at Brookdale Southfield. They offer a lot of activities. My friend likes the food. The staff are reasonable good. They keep the community clean.

A Nice Tour, This Is A Good Community

My tour of this community went very well. I liked this community, everybody was very nice and kind. The community from what I saw appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. This community was one of my top picks.

Enjoyed myself very much. People here are so friendly.

Additional costs

Additional costs if you need the "Comfort Care" package. Bypassing this and going for a nursing care facility would be a better option.

Great service

Great representative great service

We liked it from the tour.

We liked it from the tour. The people seemed really nice, and seemed to have their stuff together, and they allowed outside nurses to come in. It was nice and clean, the room was two studios put together, so it was a big room.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Southfield, I'd give them high marks across the board. It's a nice looking place and the staff here is very good. I would recommend them to others looking into care in the area.

Really Good Experience

It has been a really good experience. We really like the caregivers and we feel like everything has been run very professionally by the owners of The Heritage and they are responsive and we are happy with the place.

not 100 percent happy

The physical therapy offered at The Heritage of Southfield doesn't accept a lot of the insurances. So my husband has to go outside of the facility to do therapy. This is a big negative for me. They are not timely as far as cleaning the apartment. The elevators don't work most of the time. Months went by with only two functioning. We are not 100 percent happy.

Brookdale Senior Living

We apologize your Brookdale experience has been less than you expected. We would like to connect with you to discuss your concerns. Please send us an email familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com].

We like it. My father is happy.

Overall, we like it. My father is happy. There was a couple of things that they had forgotten to do and we had to follow up on. Other than that, everything has been going good. The communication with the staff has been good. I would recommend The Heritage of Southfield to anyone in the Southfield area. I can't rate the activities because my father doesn't participate in them. It is not applicable.

Excellent respite care

Our experience with The Heritage of Southfield was a very good one! We used them for a brief respite stay for a loved one and they did a wonderful job looking after her, there were no problems at all! The staff were warm and accepting, and really made us feel like she was in good hands while we were away!

the Heritage has been the right choice

My mom has been in this facility for four months. She is going to many activities but still hesitate to go on any road trips. Perhaps if they paired new residents with a buddy for a month to take to activities that would help. They have mix and
Mingle but staff need to have a game plan to introduce as they tend to stand around and not meet anyone.Staff is very friendly. Would like to see name tags perhaps since many seniors have short term memory and can't remember names or simply don't tell their names.
We pay extra for her medication to be given twice daily and when I am there they have not shown up so worry about this. Fortunately not on anything that would be life threatening if she missed it.
I do feel she is in a safe caring environment. This was not her choice to be here but likes it and has committed to be here long term after 2 1/2 months, her choice!
When looking at senior independent living places before selecting the Heritage felt this had the most energy of residents and this has proven to be correct. All senior living is expensive but believe this is worth the price.

I would say overall im pleased that we chose this place for my loved on. The workers take it step by step to make sure everything is in place and caring for residents. she said is very happy here and doesnt want to go anywhere. It is a clean nice facility and food is awesome. No complaints what so ever,

Good place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at The Heritage of Southfield. It is a nice looking place, and the staff all seem friendly and professional. Really the only issue I've run into has been some scheduling problems with the in-home care service that they contract with.

We have been quite pleased.

We have been quite pleased. We have heard nothing but positive comments. The food is phenomenal, and he loves the cocktail hour. We really did ourselves a disservice not using the Comforcare service, for the first few weeks. Kelly and Nancy, really advised us of it, and we skimped out, don't do that. Don't get me wrong, he can pick up the phone and they will come turn his T.V. on for him if he needs it, it just would have made it easier on everyone, him, and the family.

I liked them quite a bit.

This is was one of my top two when I was looking into options. I liked them quite a bit. My top two offered the pretty much the same services, and the same quality. It came down to the other community having a deal, and also a personal connection I made with a couple of people on their staff. This was a great place though, and it was a tough call.

very helpful and friendly

The staff at The Heritage of Southfield is very helpful and friendly and cooperative. I do think that the dining service is a little bit slow, and it takes you sometimes an hour to get through dinner. That has been my experience thus far. If it continues the way it has thus far I would be pleased. I hope that is the case, and that things haven't just been good in the time that he has been new to the facility.

Very nice place, overall!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at The Heritage of Southfield! Physically it is a very nice facility, they always keep everything looking very clean and well kept. The staff are attentive and friendly, and seem to take great care of the residents. I've also had a chance to have a few meals here with my parents, and the food has been good every time!

Apt style with home care op...

Apt style with home care option. Nice place but A. not affortable. B. not comfortable with this type of care.

The facility is wonderful, the only t...

The facility is wonderful, the only thing I found negative was the fact that the food served to residence leaves a lot to be desired. My parents are always complaining about it.

VISITED APRIL 2, 2014. Sche...

VISITED APRIL 2, 2014. Scheduled same day as toured - they accomodated me immediately. Walked in and the receptionist asked if I was Jennifer and immediately introduced herself - Nancy - as the receptionist, concierge and generally the everything troubleshooter. Met 'Sam' a resident that was at the front desk chatting with Nancy and he was a spark! Very pleasant and welcoming! Then Wendy, a manager introduced herslef as we waited for my tourguide - Cindy. Cindy and I toured the lobby, dining area and several acivitiy rooms on the first floor. Very nicely decorated, up to date and well kept. There was a small indoor pool, exercise room and classes, craft room, media room, a conference room and library and many areas for gathering. Saw two rooms - a 1 BDRM, 1 Bath and a 2BDRM, 2 Bath, Living Room and kitchen. Nice space. Some balconies. Front view was of parking lot, but some back views had woodlands and wetlands. Free transportation within 15 mile radius. Frequent field trips to Tiger's games, shows, etc... Can decorate however you want and upgrade to granite countertops, steel appliances, etc.... A couple of laundry rooms per floor. Lots of activities, game rooms, etc.. Pleasant and seemingly happy residents. Extremely friendly staff. Cindy noted (almost apologetically)toward the end of the tour that she was not in sales, but was head of housekeeping. I think she thought I was getting a lesser tour, but I told her I thought it was fabulous that 1., she was willing to step in to make sure I was accomodated and that 2. as head of housekeepiong that she was so involved that she could give as good of a tour as any sales person. She commented about how she wasn't sure when she started if she would stay here, but that over 11 years, this place has become her passion and that she takes great pride in making sure the folks that live here have the best of everything she can give. Also, pet friendly. I thought this property was wondeful and the people there made it even better. Only detractors were that there was not really any community around the buildings - for residents to visit, and upon approach, the first thing you see is a cemetary. :(

Very Nice

I would highly recommend it. Very nice community.

The Heritage of Southfield is Excellent

My mother moved into the Heritage at Southfield in June and was very reluctant to make the move from her independent apartment. She has been very happy here with the apartment and her continued independence. The convenience of prepared meals has been a great help to her and the meals are excellent. The employees at the Heritage are all so welcoming and friendly and ready to help. They create such an accommodating atmosphere. The Heritage also provides additional care if it is needed, so that additional moves to assisted living are unnecessary. I would highly recommend the Heritage of Southfield.

Beautiful, New, Fancy

It was beautiful - a much newer facility. The price was comparable to the others we saw, at the time. It was just a little too fancy for my mother.

Kim was very helpful and is...

Kim was very helpful and is a great listener. Facility is well cared for and staff and residents are engaged. Seems a bit large but is definitely on the list for discussion with family.

1st choice

They were up front with there prices and let us know that the prices were introductory and they showed everything in the paperwork. They did not try to hide the cost of their services and really made it known. They just seemed to be a little over priced. The community was well maintained and very clean. The staff was more experienced and was really friendly and helpful. Was my first choice but was just not in the budget for what we were looking for.

Beautiful Independent Community

This is a fantastic upscale community for independent seniors. The apartments are big and the staff is incredibly friendly. The only slight downside is you get 20 meals per month, and there is no lunch offered. For independent seniors, its great, but if you need some personal assistance, the cost of care is VERY expensive. Overall though, it is one of the best places in the area.

Beautiful.

Beautiful.

This is an excellent place. They hav...

Perfect place - high in the running!

Perfect place - high in the running!

This is an excellent place. They hav...

This is an excellent place. They have all the services and programs anyone could ever need or want. The tour was excelent. I'm taking my mother back for a tour on Monday.

I have been there for a tour. It is a...

I have been there for a tour. It is a great facmility with many am,enities.

extremely nice!

extremely nice!

$3003.50/mo. Smoking outside only. ...

$3003.50/mo. Smoking outside only. Have 1st floor apartments w/ patio would still require ionizer. Brekfast and 20 meals/month. Transport for shopping trips. Appts with 15 mile radius are free. Requires 1 year lease. Home care agency. Monthly housekeeping and flat laundry service.

Brookdale of Southfield sits on 20 lush acres of natural wetlands…where a winding boardwalk connects residents to a lovely gazebo and shopping district. Conveniently close to churches and synagogues, it’s also accessible to many of Michigan’s major expressways. Whether you’re ready to simplify your life, eliminate the daily demands of home ownership or simply need a little assistance with day-to-day activities, Brookdale Southfield is the perfect solution. In addition to the ideal location, Brookdale offers unparalleled services and amenities that allow seniors to fully optimize their retirement years. A fabulous dining program with a variety of menu choices, housekeeping, scheduled transportation and 24-hour staff availability are just a few conveniences we offer to provide residents the peace of mind they need to continue to live life as they please.