Imperial Senior Suites - Southfield, MI

I visited this community as scheduled. It was very clean. [name removed] the tour guide was very nice and helpful. Currently I am not looking for a Senior community. I will reach out to you when I am ready.

First impressions matter! From the outside, this place looks like a penitentiary. Several buildings in the same area are all the same, which only adds to the atmosphere of gloom. Inside, I was shown to [name removed] whom I had emailed asking if I could come in for a tour. She hadn't responded, so while I was in the neighborhood, I stopped in out of convenience. It was depressing, to say the least. The halls are dimly lit, there wasn't a whole lot of open, inviting space for our loved ones to sit and be social. I saw a couple floor plans, but there were little things that were not impressive, like smudges around light switches, outdated blinds, and smells in the hallways. I can't see having anyone I care about living here. It was kind of depressing being in the building.

The manager didn't get there until a couple minutes after my appointment time. She was completely unaware that I HAD an appointment. About the community: it was atrocious! Dirty walls, snags in carpeting, dim hallways. The rooms I saw were not ready, so I have to be note lenient with the my review of them. They would be okay once they are prepped, but this place definitely would NOT be where I'd want anyone I care about to be.

This place was big but nicely laid out and the apartments were easy to navigate from bathroom to bedroom to kitchen. Care staff on site seemed well organized and provided detailed list of care services and thier prices; can be adjusted as needs change.

Tons of activities and a continental breakfast every day!

My wife and I are here and we’re enjoying it so far. The staff that’s available has been very nice. The people that run the place and the maintenance man are also very nice. They provide breakfast for everyone but lunch and dinner are extra. The breakfast is pretty good and seems to be well balanced. The housekeepers are doing a good job keeping the facility clean, the landscaping is good, and there’s good security. The whole place is fenced in so you have to have a code to get in. Every day there’s a new activity for us to participate in. They have bingo 3-4 times a week, people come in to teach bible classes 3-4 times a week, musicians will come in to entertain everyone, they take us on shopping trips, and it seems like there’s just something new every day. The other residents have been friendly and welcoming and everyone seems to be getting along alright. We’ve been pretty happy here, I would recommend it.

Long Walk Too Elevator

My friend really likes it here. The staff is very friendly and nice. They offer quite a lot of on site activities such as exercise classes and they take them out shopping which my friend has done once. She hasn't mentioned anything about the food so I am assuming she is liking it. I have found the community very clean and well taken care of. The only thing my friend has complained about is the walk from her apartment to the elevator she seems to think it's too long for her. We would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Care for a friend

The care at this community is very good. The staff are nice and caring to the residents. We like knowing that the community is clean and has a nice environment. The menu is very good and has a lot of choose from. We hope in time that he will be involved with the activities. We would recommend this community for good care.

We feel so welcome here

My daughter and I are so comfortable here, all the staff and even some of the residents have made us feel very welcome. We have a kitchenette in our apt so we have not been to the dining area but the other residents say the food is good. I have already joined in several of the different activities like the jewelry classes, the ice cream social and bingo. They also offer fields trips which I hope to go on too. My daughter and I are both going to our physical therapy here as well. There is even a small convenience store on the first floor if you run out of small items like soap or lunch meat.

The Community I Saw

The tour I had was a nightmare. They converted an apartment building to this community. i could not even compare it. It was not good and I didn't like what I saw from the front to back.

Still Adjusting With To The Move, But Overall A Good Community

My mother is still taking some time to adjust to her move to this community. I do feel comfortable with her move here. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff is kind, and have been very accommodating. The only issue I have been when I come to visit many of the residents is in the entrance way. I feel the staff needs to move the residents around to the other common areas around the community. Other than that issue the community is well-kept, everything looks good when I visit. They provide great activities for the residents. My mother is not very fond of meals with a lot of carbs, and they have been accommodating with trying to see what works for her. The experience is going pretty well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Great Staff & Services

I visited Imperial Senior Suites for my mom and although it has 8 stories it has a warm and homey feel. The staff are very friendly and attentive.

I liked the location, activities and they offer great transportation services. Imperial is different from other senior communities because my mom can rent the apartment and add services as she needs. Very cost effective!

I will be placing my mom here by the Fall!

We visited Imperial. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. However, my uncle did not like the idea of 8 floors.

My tour...

I didn't like that this community was converted from a hotel. The staff was nice during my tour.

My tour went great!

I toured Imperial Senior Suites before any other places, and the lady gave me a great tour. The place was clean and maintained well. The tour guide was able to answer any questions that I had and have me very goof information. It was a good experience, but I found another community that fit my loved one's needs a bit better.

Mom's Happy Home

This is a great community. The staff is outstanding. the community is always clean and maintained. They always make sure that she is taken and I am glad that the community environment is happy and nice. She is really liking the activities that she is happy with participating. I highly recommend other families to see this great community for the care and the value of a loved one.

All is Well for My Parents

My parents are doing well here at this community. They are taking very good care of them, and their needs. They have really provided me with a peace of mind. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

5 stars!!

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It has a family atmosphere. There is a resident on mom's floor that is there to welcome new residents, to make sure everyone has a copy of the activities calendar and to answer any questions. The food is so so. They keep the community clean and the maintenance staff are quick to respond. They have music in the lobby and I would recommend this community.

The Tour Was Not Personal

I did not like the community, the building itself and the way the unit were set was not inviting and homey. The lobby area was not nice or welcoming. The person giving the tour seemed like she was going thru the motions and not caring, she was friendly to tour with.

Friendly Residents!!

All of the residents have been fabulous to my loved one they have welcomed her into there community with open arms and really involved her in all the activities. She is really liking the bible study they have on campus as well as the different shopping field trips they take throughout the week. I am very pleased with how well things are going and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Happy to have picked Imperial

We find the staffers members in all departments to be caring people. They are helpful.

Like The Room

I had a tour of this community and it went well. I liked the community when I went to visit, it seemed like a nice place to live in. I was very happy about the 2 bedroom price, it was such a great price for me and I put a deposit down for a room.

Major Updating Needed

I wasn't not impressed with my tour of this community. The community didn't look very clean, and it needs major updating. The elevators didn't look like they worked. The staff was friendly and kind. I would say this community need to be cleaning, and it needs major improvements with the appearance.

Good Move for Mom

Everything has worked out very well for my mother here. I know she is safe and being cared for well, I'am satisfied. They have a great staff here, they have been very friendly and helpful. She is starting to try some of the activities offered, which is a big plus. I'am pleased with her move here. She is in good hands and I recommend this community.

Imperial Senior Suites is 5 stars all the way!!!!

My mom was only at this community for a short time before going into the hospital. The staff at this community is great and I would recommend this place. She did not try the food as she is picky and we made her food for her. There were weekly activities and I also liked that there was a person that rode around and checked to be sure the residents were ok.

Review of Imperial Senior Suites - Southfield, MI

Very nice apartments. Great for seniors but I don 7t think that he will get the interaction here that he can get in a place more open. With separate apartments he would be and feel isolated. Not for our purposes

Nice Place

The staff is very friendly and helpful. As part of the rent, they have someone check on each resident every day. They also have an on-site medical which is nice to have in case of emergency. Also, 24/7 concierge who are extremely helpful.

Apartments have been renovated two years ago, and are clean and in good shape.

Nice Place

Apartments have been renovated two years ago, and are clean and in good shape.

Tuesdays

Tuesdays food is by far the best day to eat here!

I am not happy with them.

I'm not happy with them. One issue is that they don't have enough staff, they are getting the money but they don't want to pay people to work. They use an agency Homestead, with an office onsite to provide the care, there should be two people on our floor, during the day, and one at night. There are times that there is only one person on staff, and one staff floating. Another problem is that they don't seem to feed them very healthy or balanced meals, or very much, even when there is plenty leftover, and we ask. The staff has said, I am not going to give them more because they will go to the bathroom more and then I have to clean it. We brought this up to the community, and they said they would give them more, but I haven't seen that happen. They said they would help with the VA paperwork, but nobody has helped yet. I have had to ask them to clean the floor, and the dining room. I chose them because they were one of the less expensive places. When you go on the tour you see it looks very nice, but that just seems to be the first floor, the upstairs is nothing like that.

is a good place to live

I live here and I seem to love it so far.

Its clean and well kept staffing is nice, and not sure on the activities since I do not partake, but they are very friendly eager to help if you need it very polite I would recommend this place to somebody.

Still undecided

They are still working out some kinks

minor repairs

I am overall satisfied with Imperial Senior Suites. They do however have minor repairs that need to be corrected.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Imperial Senior Suites has been somewhat mixed. It is a nice enough looking place, and the staff are friendly and keep things clean and well kept. However, response times for any issues that you bring up with them are very very slow, they could really stand to work on that.

A very nice and affordable place for the safety and care of our senior population.

Great experience! Timi was wonderful with our senior and Roy loves the place. He is in a safe place now. Timi is now helping me with placement of one of my day care participants in their memory care.
The facility is very nice and very safe.

Very pleased

We are very pleased with how things turned out with Imperial Senior Suites, they do a great job looking after the people who live here. We're entirely satisfied.

Looking for a place where the memory care and assisted living is a safe place for Ma. Memory care is just not for mama who is a social butterfly she needs more freedom.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Imperial Senior Suites so far! It is a friendly, clean, well kept community, and we've really enjoyed it so far! I do think they could do a bit better job with the meal and transportation services, however. They are a bit inconsistent when it comes to what areas they offer rides to.

rip off

They are doing people wrong. I am going to report them.

Outstanding Value and Staff

Imperial Senior Suites is an outstanding community. The food is very good and my mom has no complaints. They do have a 24 hour nursing and pharmacy staff available. Mom is in the independent living section and is checked each night before bedtime. They do have housekeeping and staff for bathing weekly. Mom wears a bracelet which is an alarm system for safety purposes.

I toured here and was a very new community. they converted one of the regular apartment towers into a senior community. it is fenced in but is also mixed with everyday apartments that anyone can rent. The ameneties are all shared amongst everyone such as the pool, rec room,etc. I also happened to hear someone say that they have had issues with BED BUGS and a blind man was telling me that they were infested. I understand that bed bugs are an issue especially in metro detroit but will not want to place my mom here.I also did not like how the meals are catered in and not made there by a kitchen.

Substandard facility

This facility is substandard. It's a very old apartment building that has not been maintained well or upgraded to accommodate seniors. Food is not prepared on site, but catered in. There's no lobby or area for residents to congregate. The dining room is depressing. No table cloths etc. Looks like they just set up some banquet tables in a room with out windows. The model really showed the age of the building with cracks in the wall. They do not have walk in showers or tubs.

This facility is substandard. It's an old outdated apartment building. The lobby and dining room are dark & depressing. This facility should be rated 2 stars at most.

Like a hotel -- with our own concierge

I looked at a number of communities before choosing Imperial Senior Suites. Everything is clean, it fits my budget, and the people are very friendly. I've reacquainted with two people I knew when working for the post office. There are many activities each week, which are sent to the residents each week. While I haven't had the opportunity to participate in many of them, it's good to know that they are there. There's a shuttle bus for transportation, which you can schedule 72 hours in advance. You can take the shuttle to the grocery store, Casino, and other outings. Imperial Senior Suites does offer a meal plan, however I have a special diet and prefer to cook meals on my own. There's housekeeping once a week, which is great. Each apartment has its own heating and a/c controls and each night the community provides a safety check to make sure you're okay. In addition, there is access to the "smart bus," there is a movie room, craft room, and gym. There's a good mix of people in this community and I'm happy with my choice.

The tour was very informative and the contact helped us a lot put I did like two other Senior Suites better.

They have been WONDERFUL!! And MORE than helpful!

Everything seems to be going pretty good. I have just had a couple of concerns with a couple of price changes since we moved in. It's been extremely clean, they have been extremely attentive, the manager India is a dream. She has bent over backwards for us, they have helped with everything. It helps keep the stress off of me, they have been MORE than helpful. They will let you keep a tab for the pharmacy, or the food, so if you need to wait until the beginning of the month to pay, you can. I haven't had any concerns about the food. They always have something entertaining to do, it's been a dream.

Over friendly staff!

They are very accommodating! If you need anything at all from checking on your loved one if you can't reach them to something small, they go above and beyond! Overly friendly and just want to make sure your loved one feels at home. They are under construction, so I'm hoping they'll get more activities later and I was under the impression they did more medical services than they do. Other than that, we're happy!

Worst possible place to live! Please DO NOT move your loved ones into this place! Bed bugs! Horrible maintenance staff! Cost way too much for this poor building

very pleased

Any time there is a concern, they will address it properly. My sister is the resident, and they tend to her and her needs very well, always responding to any problems immediately. They are doing a really good job making her feel at home in their facility.

The one complaint I would have is their meals. The food there is kind of iffy, That is one thing I would like to see them improve at Imperial Senior Suites. For example, once they served two hot dogs for dinner, which is not very nutritious.

Other than that it has been a great experience. It's a very clean place and we are very pleased.

I'm surprisingly happy!!!!

I was more in Love with the look of other places for my mom who is alone, but she is well taken care of here!!! This place is on the same campus as the regular apartments and i guess owned by the same company, but they are completely separate. My mom needs 24 hour care and she has never gotten away at this place and she no longer has bed sores....I'm very happy!!

Horrible, not safe

Offer a lot of amenities but once you move in, totally different. Meals are horrible and do not have a true dining room area. You are place inside an apartment complex where there are regular apartments with everyday people living as well. This is inside the regal towers apartment buildings, look for reviews on their building, there has been [removed] here and a lot of bed bugs and crime. They have their own police dog on site for this community because of the crime here and drug trafficking. Stay away,...

Review of Imperial Senior Suites Independent Living in Southfield, MI

Imperial Suites was nice. Because they are still establising there program they seemed a bit disorganized.

Review of Imperial Senior Suites in Southfield, MI

I live in this community for years. Years have gone by and I love it very much. I plan on staying here, thank you for asking me. Also, thank you this is how I feel for real. Thank you! I rate this community 5 stars!

The staff was very friendly...

The staff was very friendly, the building was very clean and secure. I was really impressed by what I saw. It is a little pricey, but worth checking into. My father loved it and is considering moving in. My biggest issue is the stigma attached to the complex.

Nice place

They were good. They were a little more expensive than we really planned for.

Now I can rest easy!

We chose Imperial Senior Suites. The apartments there are beautiful. Everything is brand new. The staff there has been amazing. We have been working very close with Timi, and she has been an absolute gem.
My aunt is still extremely independent and they allow you to be you without smothering you. I would recommend this community for every independent senior that I know. The amenities are beautiful as well as the building itself. I have found absolutely nothing to complain about. Thanks to A Place for Mom for all of the assistance, because I could not have been able to find this place alone. I can rest easy knowing that when I can't be with my aunt, she is great hands.

I would have a hard time ch...

I would have a hard time choosing between this place and the Fountains. From what I observed, the residents are very active and really like the accommodations. My mom's dog would be ok. My mom would make the choice.

More than nice

My grandmother and I visited the community. It was clean, safe and the staff was friendly. I believe this will be her new home.

I found the contact a bit...

I found the contact a bit but nice place

Imperial Senior Suites is conveniently located in Southfield, Michigan. We offer spacious 1,2,& 3 bedroom floor plans specifically designed for seniors. Amenities include transportation services, 24 hour security, 24 hour maintenance, 2 meals a day, light housekeeping weekly, planned activities, general store and pharmacy. Imperial Senior Suites Ling is within minutes of shopping, dining and close to major freeways.
Imperial Senior Suites newest senior community has the three greatest features any apartment community can offer: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Our focus is our residents, we offering 5 star services. Call today!